Author Topic: You were indoctrinated to think that way by your parents  (Read 704 times)

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
You were indoctrinated to think that way by your parents
« on: February 04, 2017, 04:23:11 PM »
You were indoctrinated to think that way by your parents.
Learn meditation.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Re: You were indoctrinated to think that way by your parents
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 05:49:50 PM »
Am usually different from my parents as in my thoughts.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 06:57:21 PM »
That's funny, I've never been indoctrinated by pretzels.
How this relates to the coming Antichrist? I don't know...

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 07:56:56 PM »

Sometimes, but you do run into people whose parents were not parental.

Your parents introduce you to concepts. If some of those concepts are wrong or incomplete, you learn that later as you learn that what people know is limited.

To me, my parents are/were saints so I do not have much more to add outside of theoretical thoughts.
"Mi tío es enfermo, pero la carretera es verde!" - old Chilean saying

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 08:35:57 PM »
and/or the Roman Catholic church.
Though they have the B-Movie Catechism to their credit. I'm not sure if he's yet used Attack of the Killer Tomatoes to explain Mary Mediatrix yet, but I'm sure he'll find a way sooner or later.
Quote from: Nun M.
The dread Pantocrator...is also "Christouli mou", (my little Christ), who really listens when you run in to your neighborhood church on the way to work to cry and light a candle because your daughter is in trouble at school. The untouchable and all-holy Mother of God is also "Panayitsa mou", who really will take your part before the court of heaven because, just like your own mom, she’ll always stick up for her children, no matter how badly they’ve behaved.

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 10:31:44 PM »
Life would be a lot easier if I wasn't constantly questioning everything and being open minded.
This profile is defunct as of 11/8/2017. I created it before Orthodoxy, and have used it after Orthodoxy.

I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

I will likely lurk on this forum under a different name.

Offline MariaJLM

• Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 02:46:23 PM »
Not necessarily true. While my family is non-religious and so was I for most of my life, I obviously went against that mold. I felt something was missing. I just couldn't pinpoint what it was for ages. My family still thinks the whole religiousy thing is odd, but they're not against it or anything for the most part.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 03:32:24 PM »

This is natural and right, and it's a symptom of our times that it succeeds so rarely.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 07:07:46 PM »
Though they have the B-Movie Catechism to their credit. I'm not sure if he's yet used Attack of the Killer Tomatoes to explain Mary Mediatrix yet, but I'm sure he'll find a way sooner or later.

What?
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 09:25:15 PM »

What?
I was (and am) not kidding. http://b-moviecat.blogspot.com/
Quote from: Nun M.
The dread Pantocrator...is also "Christouli mou", (my little Christ), who really listens when you run in to your neighborhood church on the way to work to cry and light a candle because your daughter is in trouble at school. The untouchable and all-holy Mother of God is also "Panayitsa mou", who really will take your part before the court of heaven because, just like your own mom, she’ll always stick up for her children, no matter how badly they’ve behaved.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 09:29:42 PM »

What?
I was (and am) not kidding. http://b-moviecat.blogspot.com/

Still doesn't make sense.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 09:37:28 PM »
I was inculcated by my parents,  I was inoculated by my doctor,  I was intolerated by my little sister, i was indoctrinated by "the man", man... and i was eviscerated by Zaargox the Destroyer while my body parts were masticated by his pet space worm XRYXGAR , but there wasn't much to eat as my body was emaciated from lack of food from the unexpectedly long space travel, as they didn't supply enough space food that encapsulated.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:47:40 PM by William T »