Author Topic: Does the Eucharist become God?  (Read 930 times)

Offline Daedelus1138

• High Elder
Re: Does the Eucharist become God?
« Reply #45 on: Yesterday at 10:55:38 AM »
No... that's a heresy called impanation, that bread becomes God.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Archon
« Reply #46 on: Yesterday at 11:05:11 AM »
As Orthodox we are both literal as well as allegorical.
Is The Lamb both bread and Body of Christ?
Mark 14:36
God is with us, understand O' ye nations, and submit yourselves, for God is with us

Offline Severian

• Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and help my unbelief!
  • Taxiarches
  • The Patriarch Saint Severus of Antioch
    • St. Jacob Baradeus' Orthodox Christian Fellowship
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Alexandria (Coptic)
« Reply #47 on: Yesterday at 03:56:51 PM »
^From an OO perspective, at least, this is not acceptable as St. Severus explicitly states that the bread and wine "transmutate."
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. -The Lord Jesus

The Saviour is made of elements which are distinct from one another yet He is not two Persons. God forbid! For both natures are one by the combination. -St. Gregory Nazianzen

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #48 on: Yesterday at 07:03:37 PM »
Orthodonorm,

What do you believe about the Eucharist? Is it Jesus?

Let's be honest, the lack of candor around here is absurd. You don't care what I believe and I am not the topic of this thread nor are my beliefs.

You are not clear what even a belief is, so to discuss anything about a specific belief would be folly, even if your question were genuine.
I actually was interested about what you think about the Eucharist, but that being said, I am not surprised by your unwillingness to provide any positive content to this conversation. I suppose I was being unreasonably optimistic - hope beyond hope, and all that.

I've over 10k posts, if you or Mor "cared" it's there.

Sides, both of you beg questions as much as you beget them, while being unwilling to answer any yourselves.
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Online Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • An Ideal to Strive Towards
« Reply #49 on: Yesterday at 07:32:04 PM »
Orthodonorm,

What do you believe about the Eucharist? Is it Jesus?

Let's be honest, the lack of candor around here is absurd. You don't care what I believe and I am not the topic of this thread nor are my beliefs.

You are not clear what even a belief is, so to discuss anything about a specific belief would be folly, even if your question were genuine.
I actually was interested about what you think about the Eucharist, but that being said, I am not surprised by your unwillingness to provide any positive content to this conversation. I suppose I was being unreasonably optimistic - hope beyond hope, and all that.

I've over 10k posts, if you or Mor "cared" it's there.

Sides, both of you beg questions as much as you beget them, while being unwilling to answer any yourselves.
What was the question?
My posts no longer forum here.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
  • All who love ZZ, honour ZZ!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
« Reply #50 on: Yesterday at 07:54:54 PM »
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

New thread topic.  Rate the sexual attractiveness of members of OC.net on a scale of 1-10.

Mor Ephrem: 11/10