OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 03:46:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slavonic title of the Koinonikon for Nativity  (Read 1334 times) Average Rating: 0
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« on: December 01, 2007, 01:59:45 PM »

Hey, all,

For all you Russians and other Slavonophiles out there, can you please tell me (in transliterated Latin characters) what the Slavonic title is for the Koinonikon for Nativity is?  In English the text is "The Lord hath sent Redemption to His people.  Alleluia."  I'm trying, depserately, to find some Russian setting on the web somewhere, if one exists, with English text.  But if only Russian/Slavonic texts are available, then I can try to arrange it on my own.  Many thanks.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 03:53:57 PM »

Scamandrius,

My *guess* is that it will be, "Gospod' nisposla spasenie na lyudi Svoja." But I can be wrong.

I tried to look it up in http://www.liturgy.ru/, but searching for "koinonikon" and "Nativity" showed no matches. When exactly is it sung, on what day of the year - on the Nativity day, or on another?

Love never fails.
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 08:47:15 PM »

transliterated Church Slavonic into "latin alphabet" is called "latinica."  Usually you'll see the Slovak alphabet, but if you come around here and dig into the cantor's stand at the Lemko churches, you'll see Slavonic transliterated into the Polish alphabet.  Intersting.  At least, in my experience it's "latinica."  I don't know what the Russians do.

SiviSokol

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: SOC

Tamburica u mom srcu

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 10:53:58 PM »

Transliterated using Serbian orthography (j= y) it would be "Izbavljenije posla Gospod Ljudem Svojim" It's a stih taken from Psalm 110.  I'll look to see if I have an arrangement.
SiviSokol

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: SOC

Tamburica u mom srcu

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 11:05:03 PM »

Just found a copy on the web....

http://www.sv-djordje.org/info.php?jezik=sr&delo=265

Click on "преузимање"
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 11:54:17 PM »

Just found a copy on the web....

http://www.sv-djordje.org/info.php?jezik=sr&delo=265

Click on "преузимање"

Thanks a lot.  I found 2 Serbian Hymns, both of which sound quite nice. I'll have to see what I can do with them.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 09:39:30 AM »

Right, "izbavlenie." That's closer to the English "redemption." "Spasenie" would be "salvation." "Ostavlenie" is perhaps closer to "remission." "Proshchenie" - pardon or amnesty.

Love never fails.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: