OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 11:20:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not that I recommend you see it: Hitman  (Read 1068 times) Average Rating: 0
knotquiteawake

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: antiochian

« on: November 30, 2007, 07:07:46 PM »

If you have seen the previews you will have seen some high church looking people in it.
An Orthodox friend who has seen the movie said they were for sure Orthodox (Russian?).
I'm off to see it with my friends today so i'll have a real comment on what i think about the Eastern Church being shown in such a violent looking movie.

Anyone who has seen it or will not see it care to comment on what they think?
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 07:31:26 PM »

I saw Hitman this week. The only time the church is really shown is in an innocent way during a funeral. Even though the funeral was suppose to be taking place in Moscow the church they use looks like one from Bulgaria and the priest are dress more like the Southern Orthodox then the Northern Orthodox (no high backs and wearing stove pipe hats with lids).

There is a priest shown at the start when the hitmen are being created but he look more like a Catholic priest then an Orthodox priest.

If you like shootem up action films with lots of violence and nudity then this is a great movie to see.  angel

Joseph
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 09:14:20 PM »

There is a priest shown at the start when the hitmen are being created but he look more like a Catholic priest then an Orthodox priest.

Would follow the game more at least.   Tongue  The RCC plays a much greater role there.

I'm not going to bother seeing it, it departs too greatly from the game.  These explosions and all?  Surely won't get silent assassin rating that way.   police

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 04:36:28 PM »

Would follow the game more at least.   Tongue  The RCC plays a much greater role there.

I'm not going to bother seeing it, it departs too greatly from the game.  These explosions and all?  Surely won't get silent assassin rating that way.   police

I agree with sentence 2, but I will see it anyways.

-Nick

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 10:42:47 PM »

I saw it, twice. It put me to sleep, both times. Grin
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:43:04 PM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
knotquiteawake

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: antiochian

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 09:03:08 PM »

My friends and I were SO disappointed with the movie.  It wasn't even that great of an action movie and the previews made it sound like the Church was going to play some kind of "necessary evil" type role that might have been interesting to consider.  But noooooooooo.... they had to make it boring, slow paced, and overly sexual. 
At least we all had a good time before the movie hanging out at black angus's Happy hour (1/2 price appetizers, and draft beers... my luck it was a Alcohol permitted day) and then after to hang out at one of our apartments.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: