OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 08:05:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We are just as persecuted as you are.  (Read 723 times) Average Rating: 0
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« on: November 30, 2007, 02:08:56 AM »

MODERATION: This post was split off and moved here from a thread in Convert Issues Forum

It's easy to have a large Church, with a strong cetralized head, in the safety of friendly neighbors.  The Orthodox are among those hell bent on the Church's destruction, with no strong unified head.  Yet the Church remains One, Holy and Apostolic, ever ready to witness the Faith of the Martyrs.

I know this board is not my place, but for the sake of the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of Catholics murdered in the 20th century and being killed and persecuted today in Africa, Asia and elsewhere, I have to mention that the statement I've bolded is not an entirely accurate characterization. Sorry for intruding.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 07:50:44 AM by ozgeorge » Logged
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 03:29:06 PM »

MODERATION: This post was split off and moved here from a thread in Convert Issues Forum

I know this board is not my place, but for the sake of the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of Catholics murdered in the 20th century and being killed and persecuted today in Africa, Asia and elsewhere, I have to mention that the statement I've bolded is not an entirely accurate characterization. Sorry for intruding.

Say whatever you like.  THIS is a free forum.

The fact is that the Protestants never got their hands on Rome, nor the Muslims (although they came knocking), nor the Arians (the emperor in Constantinople kept them at partial bay).

My point that the curia has had centuries to direct a centralized Church in relative safety, as no one who had control of Rome was officially and enemy of the church.  It was to show that the unity that the Orthodox Church DOES have is not due to any earthly management.

It wasn't to imply your church didn't have martyrs.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: