OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 28, 2014, 09:19:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: women should not speak in church  (Read 18913 times) Average Rating: 0
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2007, 04:16:01 PM »

Admonishing ordained orthodox clergyman is a sinful act.

That you perform such acts in this public forum is shameful as well.

Fr. Deacon,

If you're going to point this out to GiC, it's only fair that you point it out to Christodolous, who has admonished Orthodox BISHOPS here repeatedly.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Christodoulos
Elder

« Reply #181 on: December 03, 2007, 04:16:49 PM »

Don't you see that your position is purely cultural without any theological basis form this quote of yours? In our culture it is certainly not a shame for a woman to have short hair or be bald; granted, some may have aesthetic objections, but that's the extent of it. So using the logic of your post, since it is not a shame to a woman to be shorn or made bald, there's no need for her to cover her head.

God bless !

Please forgive me - you want to be academic and still write something so un-logical, how it can be !

It is a shame to be shorn for a woman-is it so difficult to understand- is the Scripture so complicated to you ?

In CHRIST
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2007, 04:18:30 PM »

God bless !

Not in Church - but she should advise people- there is no problem with ......also St. Euphemia of Serbia went from town to town and preached to people....she was blessed by the Bishop to to.

And all the other woman Saints: Like St. Thekla the equal to the Apostels, St. Nina, St. Mary Magdalene,.........so nothing new...

In CHRIST

So you disagree with the OP...at least we're getting somewhere.

These "stories", you called them myths ( your sin )

No, George did not, I did...I believe that if he wants to say as much he is perfectly capable of doing so himself.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Amdetsion
Worship God with all thy strength and all thy might
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Patriarchate; Addis Abebe Ethiopia

HH Abuna Pawlos - Patriarch of Ethiopia

« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2007, 04:22:22 PM »

That choice is God's not yours to make, this priest was wrong and ignorant and, dare I say if the apocryphal story is to be believed, prideful and full of sin. I will not renounce truth because of your cultural expectations; it is the God given right of every human being to exercise their faith and hold their opinions in accordance with the dictates of their conscience.

So condemn me to hell, see if I care; if this is enough to send me there, then it's a done deal, I'll start getting my visa approved.

I will pray that hell will not befall you.

I pray that you also do your part and avoid strong minded solicitations such as these.

This kind of speech is not for you.

Leave this loose lipped, high minded gibber -jabber to the tele-vangelists.

If you fear God you will bare His burdens as a faithful person.

Humility and patience....

"ETHIOPIA shall soon stretch out her hands unto God".....Psalm 68:vs 31

"Are ye not as children of the ETHIOPIANS unto me, O children of Israel"?....Amos 9: vs 7
GreekChef
Prez
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America: Metropolis of Atlanta

« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »

God bless !

Not in Church - but she should advise people- there is no problem with ......also St. Euphemia of Serbia went from town to town and preached to people....she was blessed by the Bishop to to.

And all the other woman Saints: Like St. Thekla the equal to the Apostels, St. Nina, St. Mary Magdalene,.........so nothing new...

In CHRIST

These "stories", you called them myths ( your sin ), I posted because perhaps some people want to read them, not as evidence for the teaching of the church. The Teaching is based on the Scripture,Tradition ( for 2000 years) the Fathers, Apostolic writings.......so these experiences ( there are many others) are only to demonstrate the truth of the Church. When you once will be judged, you can make no excuses for not knowing- now you have read.

Admonishing ordained orthodox clergyman is a sinful act.

That you perform such acts in this public forum is shameful as well.

God bless !

You are not objective and fair again.

Read this "myths" and believe them or not - I never said you must believe them !

But of course "westernized and academic" people like you can not believe them. But why not throw out all the myths like resurrection of the dead, miracles of Christ, ascension,.......are they also myths for you ? How far have you gone from the true experience of Christ ? Go on with your academic search - I hope for you, that you not fall in delusion .......many have gone astray for being too academic...

In CHRIST

I will pray that hell will not befall you.

I pray that you also do your part and avoid strong minded solicitations such as these.

This kind of speech is not for you.

Leave this loose lipped, high minded gibber -jabber to the tele-vangelists.

If you fear God you will bare His burdens as a faithful person.

Humility and patience....

Okay, I don't know about any other sane people reading this, but I am fast approaching the "how dare you" point.  I, among others, have absolutely tried to have a healthy discussion about such things.  But the fact that you are both continually slinging judgements and insults is absolutely disgusting, as far as I'm concerned, and I personally think this thread needs to be closed/locked/whatever it is that they do here.  I cannot believe the absolute un-Christian condemnations and judgements that are being thrown around here!  You couldn't sling a dead cat around the thread without hitting a judgement or condemnation by one of you two!  Who, in heaven's name, appointed you the judge over the rest of us!?!  You say that you stand for traditional Orthodoxy, but there is nothing Orthodox in what you say!  Orthodoxy is the faith of the love and tolerance of Christ!  Not the faith of judge-your-brother-because-he-doesn't-agree

Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
Matthew 18:5
Symeon
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

Radovan Karadzic - Serbian Hero

« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2007, 04:28:19 PM »

It's amazing just how many "near death experiences" orthodoxinfo uses to justify it's "traditionalist" teachings:

It seems that a cult of the dead is an integral part of this sort of "traditionalism", which seems to me to be appropriate, since "traditionalism", (as compared to Tradition) is in fact a dead faith.

The only thing truly telling here is what appears to be your opposition to the moral message conveyed (i.e. against abortion and masturbation), which you derisively label "'traditionalist' teachings." I hope I am reading you wrong.
Christodoulos
Elder

« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2007, 04:29:40 PM »

So you disagree with the OP...at least we're getting somewhere.

No, George did not, I did...I believe that if he wants to say as much he is perfectly capable of doing so himself.

God bless !

I have no problem if you, in your academic wisdom " buy" them or not- it is your decison, I only hope for you that they are not true and only "myths"- otherwise you would blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

But you like making jokes with Hell ( others you warned of condemnation - perhaps you forgot what you wrote a few posts before ) so go on...

In CHRIST

BTW - I am now out of the Thread, I have written enouph take it or take it not.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 04:33:01 PM by Christodoulos » Logged
Amdetsion
Worship God with all thy strength and all thy might
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Patriarchate; Addis Abebe Ethiopia

HH Abuna Pawlos - Patriarch of Ethiopia

« Reply #187 on: December 03, 2007, 04:36:07 PM »

Okay, I don't know about any other sane people reading this, but I am fast approaching the "how dare you" point.  I, among others, have absolutely tried to have a healthy discussion about such things.  But the fact that you are both continually slinging judgements and insults is absolutely disgusting, as far as I'm concerned, and I personally think this thread needs to be closed/locked/whatever it is that they do here.  I cannot believe the absolute un-Christian condemnations and judgements that are being thrown around here!  You couldn't sling a dead cat around the thread without hitting a judgement or condemnation by one of you two!  Who, in heaven's name, appointed you the judge over the rest of us!?!  You say that you stand for traditional Orthodoxy, but there is nothing Orthodox in what you say!  Orthodoxy is the faith of the love and tolerance of Christ!  Not the faith of judge-your-brother-because-he-doesn't-agree

How come all Roman Catholics I know call themselves catholic-ish?

I notice they respond to me the same as you do.

Orthodoxy is very difficult for some people to accept.

We have no (ish) conditions and other 'freedoms' (ish) type religions enjoy.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time with the Orthodox faith.

God help you.

Your insult is unwarranted and definitely an illegal ad hominem attack.  You are free to believe what you wish, and attempt to convince others of your position.  But your condescending language is unwelcome.

- Cleveland, Global Moderator
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 04:37:02 PM by Amdetsion » Logged

"ETHIOPIA shall soon stretch out her hands unto God".....Psalm 68:vs 31

"Are ye not as children of the ETHIOPIANS unto me, O children of Israel"?....Amos 9: vs 7
GreekChef
Prez
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America: Metropolis of Atlanta

« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2007, 04:41:38 PM »

How come all Roman Catholics I know call themselves catholic-ish?

I notice they respond to me the same as you do.

Orthodoxy is very difficult for some people to accept.

We have no (ish) conditions and other 'freedoms' (ish) type religions enjoy.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time with the Orthodox faith.

God help you.

God help me?Huh  I see nothing more than another nasty, bitter, angry judgement with nothing fruitful to offer here.

I am not Roman Catholic, I am a baptized, Chrismated Orthodox Christian in the image and likeness of God, and, expect a little bit of respect as such.  I am also, btw, a Presbytera.  If you have a problem with my faith (obviously I don't, but obviously you seem to), then you may take it up with my husband, his name is Father Christos, or with my spiritual father, his name is Father Nick, and can be found running the seminary these days. 

Now, I'm tired of being judged by you holier-than-thou people who think you are so much more pious than everyone else.  Don't you judge me again.  I have no problem whatsoever reporting it.

Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
Matthew 18:5
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2007, 04:43:01 PM »

I hope I am reading you wrong. 

I think you are reading him wrong, but that's not your fault.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2007, 04:44:42 PM »

Well, it seems everyone has made all the arguments they can, and then some.  We've now moved past the point of constructive discussion.

Let's cool off for awhile.  I encourage all involved to pray about this, read up on it, do whatever you need to.  But we're going to take a break from the discussion for awhile.

A blessed advent to all.

Cleveland, Global Moderator.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags: women and the Church female ordination proper behavior deaconess head coverings 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: