OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 07:40:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are there so many religions in the world?  (Read 3518 times) Average Rating: 0
cmo

Faith: Christian

« on: November 24, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »

Why are there so many religions in the world?

According to the Bible God set up only one. “One Lord, one faith, one baptism” Ephesians 4:5. That means that a lot of religions are in error. And a lot of people are going to be disappointed in the end. As Jesus said, “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Matthew 7:22,23

The difference between a true religion and a false religion is that  the true religion teaches that people are born in sin and are under the power of Satan and the Spirit of Satan dwells in them. The true religion teaches how to get the spirit of Satan out of you because the Spirit of God will not dwell in a person who has the devil or the spirit of Satan in them.

If you think you are right, how did you get the spirit of Satan out of you? There is only one scripture in the Bible that teaches how to get the devil out of a person. It is a mystery to  the world but not to God’s people. If you live your whole life having the spirit of Satan in you, you cannot serve God and you will spend eternity with Satan.

So the first step that a person must take is to get the devil out of them. It doesn’t matter who you are. As Jesus said to Paul, “ Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.” Acts 26: 17,18

And as you can see in that scripture it speaks about people being under the power of Satan. That’s why Jesus said that a person must be born again because people are born with the power of Satan. No matter what you do in this world, if you never get the devil out of you you will never be able to understand the Holy Scriptures. As the scriptures say, “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”  1 Corinthians 2: 12-14 

And in Romans 8:6-8 ,”For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.”

Many people will be angry for what is being spoken because the devil in you does not want to come out of you but to continue deceiving you so he can stay in you. As the Bible says “ and Satan,which deceiveth the whole world” Revelations 12:9

Prophet Andre may be reached at info@christianministryoutreach.com
prodromas
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Under the Green Pope

Greek Orthodox

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 10:43:47 AM »

Please go on. I must know more about this true faith you preach.

The sins I don't commit are largely due to the weakness of my limbs.

1915-1923 Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն ,never again,
ܩܛܠܐ ܕܥܡܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܐ 1920-1914, never again,
השואה  1933-1945, never again,
(1914-1923) Ελληνική Γενοκτονία, never again
Jonah

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Sothern United States

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 10:48:46 AM »

Prophet Andre?? Well that answers the question why there are so many religions in the world. People find it easier to present their thinking as the revealed truth than finding the real truth.

Well, I think you made a good first step by joining this forum.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 10:50:48 AM »

cmo,

Interesting self-description of your faith...

Have you seen this thread?

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13437.0/topicseen.html
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 07:05:56 PM by FrChris » Logged

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 02:09:35 PM »

Prophet Andre,

I notice that on your website some of the secret gnostic knowledge you have access to is whether or not the Holy Trinity exists. I can see how to some seven Oecumenical Synods and 2000 years of Christian Tradition would not be adequate on this point, so please share with us your secret knowledge imparted from on high.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 02:26:35 PM »

And what of the biblical call to "contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints"? (Jude 3)  If the true faith in Christ was delivered once for all to the saints, why do we need a Prophet Andre to reveal anything new to us?
Magicsilence
CAF driftwood

Maronite Catholic

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 06:59:30 PM »

Note: this is not me!!! I am still an orthodox Maronite Catholic Cheesy
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 07:13:01 PM »

Prophet Andre may be reached at info@christianministryoutreach.com
The best way to ensure that your email address gets spammed is to put it on a website without any alteration to ensure that it is found by a bot.
Prophet Andre obviously didn't see that one coming.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 07:15:02 PM »

The best way to ensure that your email address gets spammed is to put it on a website without any alteration to ensure that it is found by a bot.

LOL Shocked

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
skippy

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 10:28:28 PM »

I have started to get junk mail at the email address I use just for this website. Where are the spiders reading my email address?
tpkatsa

Faith: Antiochian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Midwest Diocese, HG Bp. MARK

Micah 6:8

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 11:49:55 PM »

I notice that on your website some of the secret gnostic knowledge you have access to is whether or not the Holy Trinity exists. I can see how to some seven Oecumenical Synods and 2000 years of Christian Tradition would not be adequate on this point, so please share with us your secret knowledge imparted from on high.

Nice. I was just thinking the same thing. What new teaching has Prophet Andre have to offer in 2008 that has not already been revealed?

~Those who are merciful to the cruel will, in the end, be cruel to them that deserve mercy.~
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 12:03:19 AM »

Dear prophet Andre,

It looks like we're headed for some troubled waters;  what lottery numbers should I play?  Please send them via PM so none of the greedy OC.net people will steal them from me. Roll Eyes

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 12:09:20 AM »

Prophet Andre,

This is an old thread, I realise, but it's Revelation not Revelations.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 01:18:38 AM »

OP is a hit and run poster - haven't seen him since his first post.  No "fresh" recruits exist for him in this forum.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 11:54:09 AM »

But good news for him: The end of false religion is near!

http://www.watchtower.org/e/kn37/article_01.htm

I received the above article as a brochure from a door-to-door Jehovah's Witness last year. The OP sounded remarkably similar to me.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 12:06:48 PM by ytterbiumanalyst » Logged

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA (Old Calendar)

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 12:29:10 PM »

But good news for him: The end of false religion is near!

I though this picture was really creepy:

GreekChef
Prez
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America: Metropolis of Atlanta

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 07:01:17 PM »

Too bad Prophet Andre has decided not to join us to continue this discussion.  Now I'll never be able to join this "true faith!!!!"  I feel totally deprived...  Roll Eyes

Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
Matthew 18:5
Tags: Troll 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: