OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 11:11:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wisdom: Saints, Doctors and Theological Writers of the Catholic Church - discussion  (Read 1777 times) Average Rating: 0
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« on: December 20, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »

Reproduced from "Rhythmical Prayer to the Sacred Members of Jesus Hanging Upon the Cross," ascribed to St. Bernard,
ascribed to Bernard by whom?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
anthony022071

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »

Reproduced from "Rhythmical Prayer to the Sacred Members of Jesus Hanging Upon the Cross," ascribed to St. Bernard,

Probably the Cisterian Order,or by scholars who see aspects of the prayer which are characteristic of St. Bernard's writings.

Did you still want to discuss the wisdom of Catholic Saints,Doctors and theological writers?
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 08:11:02 AM »

Is this a question that's very important to you?

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 07:52:58 AM »

From Blessed Theresa of Calcutta,

"Mary is our Coredemptrix with Jesus.  She gave Jesus his body and suffered with him at the foot of the cross.
Mary is the Mediatrix of all grace.  She gave Jesus to us, and as our Mother she obtains for us all his graces.
Mary is our Advocate who prays to Jesus for us.  It is only through the Heart of Mary that we come to the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus.
The papal definition of Mary as Coredemptrix,  Mediatrix, and Advocate will bring great graces to the Church.
All for Jesus through Mary.
God bless you,"
signature

here's the link: http://www.fifthmariandogma.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=276&Itemid=571

Yeah, she was a firm supported of the so-called "Fifth Marian Dogma" proposal.

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 05:09:10 PM »

"Mary is our Coredemptrix with Jesus.  She gave Jesus his body and suffered with him at the foot of the cross.
Mary is the Mediatrix of all grace.  She gave Jesus to us, and as our Mother she obtains for us all his graces.
Mary is our Advocate who prays to Jesus for us.  It is only through the Heart of Mary that we come to the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus.
The papal definition of Mary as Coredemptrix,  Mediatrix, and Advocate will bring great graces to the Church.
God bless you,"
signature

here's the link: http://www.fifthmariandogma.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=276&Itemid=571

And....?

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 06:58:01 PM »

God bless you,"
signature

And....?

I'm impressed that you object to my agreeing with you. Grin

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 04:49:21 PM »

God bless you,"
signature

And....?

I'm impressed that you object to my agreeing with you. Grin

Huh

How does "And....?" = me objecting to you agreeing with me  Wink?

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: