OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 22, 2014, 06:35:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox Podcasts  (Read 1233 times) Average Rating: 0
prodromas
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Under the Green Pope

Greek Orthodox

« on: November 19, 2007, 03:03:12 AM »

Does anyone know of a good Orthodox podcast site. The ones I currently listen to are www.ancientfaithradio.com and http://iconnewmedianetwork.com. As it is my school holidays now I want to begin learning more and need some podcast help.

The sins I don't commit are largely due to the weakness of my limbs.

1915-1923 Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն ,never again,
ܩܛܠܐ ܕܥܡܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܐ 1920-1914, never again,
השואה  1933-1945, never again,
(1914-1923) Ελληνική Γενοκτονία, never again
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 09:14:15 AM »

there are podcasts from several churches (my church in Akron has 2 or so: daily scripture readings, and sermons), from the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese, and more.

If you just search "Orthodox" in iTunes you should be able to find them.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 10:04:36 PM »

There
are a number of podcasts @ www.myocn.net, including podcast versions of Come Receive the Light. You could also download any episode that sounds interesting from the archives.

I actually just wrote something on some new podcasts, but can't post the link now. I'm on my iPhone.

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 02:34:36 PM »

Here's the post I was talking about. It contains links to two relatively new podcasts that will soon be co-produced by OCN. Some recent episodes are truly ground-breaking in the world of Orthodox podcasts, in that they include interviews with the Archbishop of the Romanian Orthodox Archdiocese and a Catholic Cardinal. Worth listening to. They are available as hosted mp3s or through iTunes.

Also, a number of young people are giving high marks to Get Wisdom, a podcast by Jason Barker on Orthodox Bible study. Get Wisdom streams on The Ark, and is produced by the Antiochian Orthodox Department of Youth Ministry and the Orthodox Christian Network. It also comes with a pdf Study Guide. Here's its feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/GetWisdom

Finally: OCN/St. Demetrios, as well as a number of other parishes, broadcast lives feeds of their services. However, OCN also archives each Sunday's Divine Liturgy, which means you can watch it -- and the sermon -- at any point during the week.

I mention this now because Sunday's sermon was the monthly "Interactive Sermon," in which Fr. Chris answered questions from the congregation. This week, the questions included the frequent reception of Holy Communion, the Orthodox understanding of salvation and why the Orthodox Church does not approve of cremation. Occasionally, it's nice to able to SEE as well as hear. I just posted the info for download on www.myocn.net.

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: