OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 03:25:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutu chides Church stance on gays  (Read 601 times) Average Rating: 0
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« on: November 18, 2007, 02:42:28 AM »

I came across this and thought some excellent points were maid:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7100295.stm

From the article:
"He also repeated accusations that the Church was "obsessed" with the issue of gay priests.

He said it should rather be focussing on global problems such as Aids.

"Our world is facing problems - poverty, HIV and Aids - a devastating pandemic, and conflict," said Archbishop Tutu, 76.

"God must be weeping looking at some of the atrocities that we commit against one another.

"In the face of all of that, our Church, especially the Anglican Church, at this time is almost obsessed with questions of human sexuality."

It struck me this evening at vespers how positive the message of the Church really is and how sad it is that this gets drowned out in the sort of frenzied face Christianity presents to the public in the West.  Not that I think the Christianity should become some marxist political organization a la Latin American Catholicism - but is there something wrong when the issue that gets us excited and voting in droves is gay marriage? 
Tags: Desmond Tutu  Homosexuality  morality 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: