Author Topic: Where should I go now? Eastern Orthodoxy or SSPX Latin Catholic  (Read 9250 times)

Offline LivenotoneviL

• Faith: Orthodox....kind of
  • Jurisdiction: Not even a Catechumen, but OCA
Blah, blah, blah, more of the same pablum, ad nauseam...
You never squared off your sect without a pope and the need of there being a pope as head of the Church.  Evidently you are incapable of realizing anything about yourself or your heretical beliefs.

I rest my case.

the only case you have made is that you don't have a clue..leave the catholic apologetics to people like me who care about the truth..read the below and learn something..start taking your salvation seriously...evidently you are incapable of realizing the truth
You can't make an argument by blatantly dumping quotes copied from Most Holy Family Monastery.
says who?, you sound like the other genius who said I can't post from St Thomas..listen, either the info is true or it's not..if not just prove it false..when I quoted St Thomas the response was the quotes are forgeries..lol

Thanks, I'm glad you were able to argue against me with logical debate rather than a usage of ad hominem attacks  ::)

Christ never said, "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. If not, call him an idiot to win the argument."
« Last Edit: Today at 01:00:48 PM by LivenotoneviL »

Offline LivenotoneviL

• Faith: Orthodox....kind of
  • Jurisdiction: Not even a Catechumen, but OCA
Blah, blah, blah, more of the same pablum, ad nauseam...
You never squared off your sect without a pope and the need of there being a pope as head of the Church.  Evidently you are incapable of realizing anything about yourself or your heretical beliefs.

I rest my case.

the only case you have made is that you don't have a clue..leave the catholic apologetics to people like me who care about the truth..read the below and learn something..start taking your salvation seriously...evidently you are incapable of realizing the truth
You can't make an argument by blatantly dumping quotes copied from Most Holy Family Monastery.
says who?, you sound like the other genius who said I can't post from St Thomas..listen, either the info is true or it's not..if not just prove it false..when I quoted St Thomas the response was the quotes are forgeries..lol

Thanks, I'm glad you were able to argue against me with logical debate rather than a usage of ad hominem attacks  ::)

Christ never said, "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. If not, call him an idiot to win the argument."

Also, sedevacantism is a foolish belief from a Roman Catholic standpoint, as it not only adheres to the fact that the gates of hell have prevailed against the Roman Catholic Church, and 1 billion Catholics are immediately condemned to hell for obeying the Pope, but considering that it is absolutely necessary to be in communion with "infallible Rome" according to RC tradition, how it is possible for infallible Rome to be wrong in its dogma, so that anyone in communion with Rome is a heretic.

It seems like an honest contradiction...
And it is very prideful...it reminds me of a certain parable (Luke 18:9-14)

Or, it could be that Rome was never seen as de facto infallible according to Tradition, and that the true Church is with the other four Patriarchs who excommunicated the one Patriarch.

Offline servulus

• Faith: Catechumen
Sedevacantist, maybe it would be helpful if you could show us a quote from a current Catholic bishop with apostolic succession that indicates there is currently no pope.

Offline sedevacantist

• Elder
I feel strong bitterness toward Roman Catholic Church now. I am very angry that RC nun and layman imposed the fear of eternal damnation to force me to obey the RC.

I received lot of verbal abuse when I was RC.

When I was studying in University in Canada, I was very involved in Byzantine Catholic Church and the Roman Catholic Young adult group. I spent all my time for RC and Byzantine Catholic back in my university years. Because of that I almost failed university. I spend 6 years in university to complete my bachelor of science degree. However, I did not receive any spiritual healing and blessing. Right now I consider that it was wasting my time.
 RC took away my youth year and wasting so much of my time. Because of that I am over 30 years old now I still don't have job, car, house, wife and children. I am still doing the other degree.
you should fear for your salvation like the bible says, there is no salvation outside the true Catholic Church

Thou sayest.

:laugh:
no the Church of Christ sayeth, convert and save your soul

Pope Innocent III, Eius exemplo, Dec. 18, 1208:

“By the heart we believe and by the mouth we confess the one Church, not of heretics, but the Holy Roman, Catholic, and Apostolic Church outside of which we believe that no one is saved

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Indeed. Everyone has to be subject to Rome in order to be saved. Yet, Rome is in heresy. It's one of the many paradoxical a, yet not a logical sequences that Rome or Romanists adhere to.
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”- St. Ambrose of Milan

"Now one cannot be a half-hearted Christian, but only entirely or not at all." -Fr. Seraphim Rose

"He who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen." (1 John 4:20)

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
I feel strong bitterness toward Roman Catholic Church now. I am very angry that RC nun and layman imposed the fear of eternal damnation to force me to obey the RC.

When I was studying in University in Canada, I was very involved in Byzantine Catholic Church and the Roman Catholic Young adult group. I spent all my time for RC and Byzantine Catholic back in my university years. Because of that I almost failed university. I spend 6 years in university to complete my bachelor of science degree. However, I did not receive any spiritual healing and blessing. Right now I consider that it was wasting my time.
 RC took away my youth year and wasting so much of my time. Because of that I am over 30 years old now I still don't have job, car, house, wife and children. I am still doing the other degree.
you should fear for your salvation like the bible says, there is no salvation outside the true Catholic Church

Thou sayest.

“By the heart we believe and by the mouth we confess the one Church, not of heretics, but the Holy Roman, Catholic, and Apostolic Church outside of which we believe that no one is saved

Papism is not the Church of Christ, it's a schismatic and heretical sect.
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”- St. Ambrose of Milan

"Now one cannot be a half-hearted Christian, but only entirely or not at all." -Fr. Seraphim Rose

"He who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen." (1 John 4:20)

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Merarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA

Thou sayest.

Then why don't you convert and save your soul?
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Lepanto

• Elder
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Munich and Freising

Thou sayest.

Then why don't you convert and save your soul?
He believes that he already is a member of the one church.
I think that many people on this forum have some kind of (probably hidden) agenda. With Anthony, who started this thread, it is quite clear. As far as one can tell from his posts, he is really struggling and hoping to get input here. Similar with Sharbel who is disappointed with the Catholic church. However, I don't understand what Sedevacantist's purpose is here: He comes to an Orthodox page, trying to win over Orthodox for his sedis, online mission, so to say? Unlikely. Why don't you put your effort into trad Catholic audience? Something strange going on here.
una cum famulo tuo Papa nostro et Antistite nostro et omnibus orthodoxis atque catholicæ et apostolicæ fidei cultoribus

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Merarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
He believes what now?
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy