Author Topic: On marrying a second wife  (Read 16248 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: On marrying a second wife
« Reply #450 on: Today at 08:18:20 AM »
Just so you know I do not support restricting sexuality in marriage but I'm sure no one wants to hear my reasons now though they are good reasons in my opinion. I just will not support that position because it may cause harm to marriages but people may not need my opinion. And I still don't think God allows for any impurity but I think it is pure
« Last Edit: Today at 08:18:50 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: On marrying a second wife
« Reply #451 on: Today at 12:02:06 PM »
Yes I am a stumbling block but more so not being honest

Just because some Christians are hypocrites that does not mean Christianity is false for some are not and Jesus never had sin nor could any find a sin in Him so they are still responsible but we should not give them a flimsy reason to reject God. We are supposed to be the light of the world and by our good deeds let others praise God. We are the salt of the earth if we become as the world our preaching becomes useless and in other words trampled underfoot by men 

1 Peter 2:11-12

11 Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, 12 that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Woe to the world because of offenses. Offenses must come but woe through whom they come. They mostly come from those who reject God but we can also hurt our loved ones by not living godly and so encouraging them to do the same because of their love to you as well as praying for them. As Samuel said far be it from me to sin against God by ceasing to pray for you. But I will teach you the good way