OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 06:48:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexy II checks out of hospital  (Read 1189 times) Average Rating: 0
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« on: May 31, 2003, 12:39:34 AM »

MOSCOW. May 30 (Interfax) - Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexy II has checked out of the Central Clinical Hospital where he was treated for a cold. He will move to the Barvikha sanatorium outside Moscow on Friday.

Doctors describe his condition as satisfactory, an official in Alexy II's retinue told Interfax.

Alexy II plans to meet next week with Metropolitan German of the Orthodox Christian Church in America, who will arrive in Moscow on Monday.

EDIT:On a totally unrelated note, with this post I now have 900 posts both here at OCnet and at the Euphrosynos Cafe!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 12:41:12 AM by -Â¥-+-¦-+-+-¦-¦ » Logged

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 01:11:40 AM »

If the Patriarch's health condition is as satisfactory as we are being told, why was he hospitalized for a "cold" and why will he now go to a sanatorium?  And what does all this have to do with his meeting next week with His Beatitude, Metropolitan HERMAN, Primate of the Orthodox Church in America?   Huh  <<Odd press releases from these Ruskiis!>>

Hypo-Ortho
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2003, 01:46:30 AM »

What exactly is a sanatorium? I know they used to be treatment centers for those who had TB.

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 02:56:37 PM »

What exactly is a sanatorium? I know they used to be treatment centers for those who had TB.

EXACTLY!!!
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2003, 12:34:33 PM »

Yeah it seems to me, a lot more is going on than the MP is willing to tell us.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2003, 02:17:32 PM »

Though I'm not denying that the patriarch's condition is probably more serious than the MP would like to let on, obviously you guys have never been to a hospital in Russia.  I know that general public healthcare is horrible, but for people of importance, and people with money, it is very good.  My sister, while doing post-graduate studies in St. Petersburg, was hospitalized for 2 entire weeks and had minor surgery for a prepetual sinus infection, one that she had, for 2 years before that, been given antibiotics by doctors in America, and then told to go home.  Lo-and-behold, she hasn't had sinus problems since.   Russians are very very particular about their health, especially the older people.  If you've ever told a Russian you have a cold you'll get 10 different remedies in as many minutes.  My babushki were constantly bereting us about not wearing hats, warm shoes, or showing up on a 50* degree day with nothing more than a long sleeved t-shirt and on.  As soon as there was a sign of a sniffle, out came the tea with honey, and the words "see, I told you it was too soon since your last cold to be going around dressed like that!"  
So in conclusion, (there really is one, i swear), the patriarch very well might be ill with something more than a cold, but it's also quite possible that the man is considering his age, and wants to regain his stamina in a quiet place where he has no worries and will be pampered to no end, before he goes on with his duties.
Toodles,
Ania

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: