Author Topic: Evangelical Ressourcement Efforts  (Read 1440 times)

Offline ignatius

• Baptacathadox
  • OC.net guru
  • My Son Aidan... :-)
Evangelical Ressourcement Efforts
« on: November 09, 2007, 05:26:43 PM »
Salve!  ;D

What are you're thoughts on the efforts of D.H. Williams and other Evangelicals seeking greater links to the Ancient Church?
St Basil the Great (330-379 A.D.): “I think then that the one goal of all who are really and truly serving the Lord ought to be to bring back to union the churches who have at different times and in diverse manners divided from one another.”

Offline John of the North

• Protokentarchos
  • Christ is Risen!
Re: Evangelical Ressourcement Efforts
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 06:09:34 PM »
Wouldn't our response be obvious??

The Fullness of Christ is only available in the Orthodox Church.

Although I accept the fact that many evangelicals are opening their eyes to the need to return to roots of the Historical Church, they must be made aware that that historical church is here still.
"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)

Offline ignatius

• Baptacathadox
  • OC.net guru
  • My Son Aidan... :-)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 06:26:29 PM »
Wouldn't our response be obvious??

The Fullness of Christ is only available in the Orthodox Church.

I wasn't really looking for a polemical response but something more along the lines of that any renewal in the seminaries with regards to Tradition and Patristic would be a turn to a more historically balanced exegesis that would perhaps bring greater dialogue with the East and West.

Although I accept the fact that many evangelicals are opening their eyes to the need to return to roots of the Historical Church, they must be made aware that that historical church is here still.

I guess that is something that they will have to discover for themselves.
St Basil the Great (330-379 A.D.): “I think then that the one goal of all who are really and truly serving the Lord ought to be to bring back to union the churches who have at different times and in diverse manners divided from one another.”

Offline Alexius

• Baptism of Poland
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 01:03:37 AM »

I guess that is something that they will have to discover for themselves.

...and many are... :)
"You cannot reason with those who do not..."

Prayers and Petitions,
                        Alexius 8)