OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 01:21:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: catholic answers forum bars orthodox dicussion  (Read 272422 times) Average Rating: 0
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1170 on: March 14, 2008, 01:20:19 AM »

That's right. Any Catholic who holds to the actual teachings of the Church is clueless. I am so sick of this East= Good, West = Bad attitude.

Or, his comment was that most Catholics don't have a clue about the EC's and Oriental Catholics.  Hmmmmm....

Especially when you consider the fact that it is the West that has always remained orthodox.  Angry 

Have you been drinking earlychurch's kool-aid?  I know this is bait, and I'm not biting.

Thank you, Papist. Your post illustrates why I don't participate on CAF.
-Peter. 

It's unfortunate if his post is a good example of what's going on over there.  Glad I never joined.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #1171 on: March 14, 2008, 10:29:36 AM »

Thank you, Papist. Your post illustrates why I don't participate on CAF.
-Peter.
Absolutely ridiculous. Your statement that is. Not mine.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #1172 on: March 14, 2008, 11:46:38 AM »

Even though I am still Catholic, I will certainly not back such false notions or anti-Orthodox sentimates--especially as I seek to be more like an Orthodox under Rome and maybe someday soon (still praying while I study), fully Orthodox Wink

May you be blessed with divine wisdom. I must say, however, that the first bolded statement and the second bolded statement are conflicting, at least in spirit.
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1173 on: March 14, 2008, 11:49:38 AM »

Wait a minute--purgatory does not exist!  Wink

Uh-oh. It looks like I'm the one in the doghouse, then, buried in deep s***!  Wink
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 11:49:55 AM by lubeltri » Logged
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #1174 on: March 14, 2008, 11:52:36 AM »

May you be blessed with divine wisdom. I must say, however, that the first bolded statement and the second bolded statement are conflicting, at least in spirit.

Is there something wrong with a person saying "I'm not sure whether I sure stay Catholic or convert to Orthodoxy; therefore, I'm going to remain Catholic until I figure it out"?

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1175 on: March 14, 2008, 12:07:40 PM »

Is there something wrong with a person saying "I'm not sure whether I sure stay Catholic or convert to Orthodoxy; therefore, I'm going to remain Catholic until I figure it out"?

I forgot where the quote comes from (Ven. Cardinal Newman? Chesterton?), but it has been said that when you are seriously considering leaving the Catholic Church, you have already left Her in spirit. For a Catholic, the Church is all there is. There is nowhere else to go. She is everything. For a Catholic, leaving the Church is like leaving yourself. I think there is a lot of truth to this.

Marriage ("the two shall become one flesh") is a decent parallel. When you seriously consider divorce, you have already divorced in spirit. It's something irrevocable.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 12:10:02 PM by lubeltri » Logged
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1176 on: March 14, 2008, 12:18:01 PM »

Marriage ("the two shall become one flesh") is a decent parallel. When you seriously consider divorce, you have already divorced in spirit. It's something irrevocable. 

And what of those who seriously consider divorce and reject it, and their marriages flourish?  Have they been "re-married," or are they just living in fornication?

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1177 on: March 14, 2008, 12:37:10 PM »

And what of those who seriously consider divorce and reject it, and their marriages flourish?  Have they been "re-married," or are they just living in fornication?

The unity of a couple that is considering divorce just isn't there, even if it is not (yet) a full break. The unity can be restored, of course. Same would go with communion with the Church. Note, however, my caveat about about it being a decent parallel. It's not one-to-one. So if you differ from my opinion, try to differ with the main issue, not the imperfect parallel.

It would work the same for an EO, would it not? Imagine an EO flirting with the idea of joining another "church." For an EO, EO is the Church. It is all there is. Leaving EO would be like cutting out your heart.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 12:45:54 PM by lubeltri » Logged
ignatius
Baptacathadox
OC.net guru

Faith: Roman Catholic > Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

My Son Aidan... :-)

« Reply #1178 on: March 14, 2008, 12:43:03 PM »

Uh-oh. It looks like I'm the one in the doghouse, then, buried in deep s***!  Wink

Don't worry bro, I believe in Purgatory.  Smiley

St Basil the Great (330-379 A.D.): “I think then that the one goal of all who are really and truly serving the Lord ought to be to bring back to union the churches who have at different times and in diverse manners divided from one another.”
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1179 on: March 14, 2008, 12:49:58 PM »

Don't worry bro, I believe in Purgatory.  Smiley

Good man. Smiley You need not believe in Dante's conception of Purgatory, colorful as it is Smiley.

All I know is, God will complete my theosis before my ascent to heaven (God willing!) if left incomplete during my earthly life. Praise him for that, or I would probably get myself tossed out soon after my arrival!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 12:50:48 PM by lubeltri » Logged
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #1180 on: March 14, 2008, 01:56:49 PM »

Lubeltri,

In the case of someone converting to Catholicism (resp. Orthodoxy), then yes I think he/she should intend to remain Catholic forever (resp. Orthodox) -- as opposed to saying "I'll join the Catholic (resp. Orthodox) Church now and just see if it works out."

This cannot, however, be generalized to everybody who is Catholic (resp. Orthodox) already. What right do you have to look down on someone because he/she is considering converting?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 02:00:20 PM by PJ » Logged

lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1181 on: March 14, 2008, 02:00:29 PM »

What right do you have to look down on someone

This is not a fair or accurate characterization of what I wrote.
Hesychios
perpetual neophyte
Site Supporter

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1182 on: March 14, 2008, 02:05:27 PM »

I forgot where the quote comes from (Ven. Cardinal Newman? Chesterton?), but it has been said that when you are seriously considering leaving the Catholic Church, you have already left Her in spirit. For a Catholic, the Church is all there is. There is nowhere else to go. She is everything. For a Catholic, leaving the Church is like leaving yourself. I think there is a lot of truth to this.
I don't really have a problem with the concept as you present it. I feel this way about Holy Orthodoxy, very strongly.

I guess the operative word here would be 'seriously'. There can be a point where one does not know, I suppose (in which case the potential for healing and renewal is there).

It would work the same for an EO, would it not? Imagine an EO flirting with the idea of joining another "church." For an EO, EO is the Church. It is all there is. Leaving EO would be like cutting out your heart.
I have thought of it and it did feel that way.

If I mentally "left" Orthodoxy, I would have literally nothing left. It's like looking through a doorway and seeing nothing there in any direction, a complete blank. I can imagine some non-Orthodox Christians will feel that way, based upon whatever assumptions they themselves have embraced.

I suppose that...ultimately...this is why there are so many unchurched, although many of these will identify in some way vaguely with Christianity. When they have lost a sense of trust in "whatever" they had placed their trust in, they are drifting.

"Tradition is the living faith of the dead; traditionalism is the dead faith of the living"
Jaroslav Pelikan
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1183 on: March 14, 2008, 02:13:03 PM »

The unity of a couple that is considering divorce just isn't there, even if it is not (yet) a full break. The unity can be restored, of course. Same would go with communion with the Church. Note, however, my caveat about about it being a decent parallel. It's not one-to-one. So if you differ from my opinion, try to differ with the main issue, not the imperfect parallel.

I have no quarrel with the underlying principle (apostasy is a serious sin for both RC and EO); just the example.

---------------------
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1184 on: March 14, 2008, 02:24:06 PM »

I have no quarrel with the underlying principle (apostasy is a serious sin for both RC and EO); just the example.

I admit it's imperfect.
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1185 on: March 14, 2008, 02:28:10 PM »

I suppose that...ultimately...this is why there are so many unchurched, although many of these will identify in some way vaguely with Christianity. When they have lost a sense of trust in "whatever" they had placed their trust in, they are drifting.

Indeed. That's why we do not call the Protestant/Evangelical communities "churches" in the proper sense, because they do not have that understanding of church as one and catholic, which both of our communions consider as essential marks of the Church.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1186 on: March 14, 2008, 05:23:42 PM »

I admit it's imperfect. 

Here's my issue with the model - it's not in the details, it's in the early judgment.  Whether one is considering leaving their Church or their spouse, I think there is always a chance to turn back without utterly betraying oneself.  Even if one is very serious about leaving - i.e. taking catechism classes in another faith, talking about re-baptism, etc. - I still think they can avoid leaving and not be judged as apostates.  Heck, I think they can not only avoid leaving but also be more committed than they were before considering leaving.

I don't know - most of the time I'm a hopeless idealist when it comes to people.

---------------------
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #1187 on: March 14, 2008, 08:06:48 PM »

I don't know - most of the time I'm a hopeless idealist when it comes to people.

Yeah! You befriended me at HCHC...that means you're either an optimist, or delusional! Cheesy

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #1188 on: March 25, 2008, 04:06:53 AM »

Tsk - they are still at it Sad

At some point yesterday during my regular trawl for amusement I found a post asking about Italo Greek Catholic Churches in Italy.

After about 3 posts which did mention Grottoferrata there was a post bewailing the lack of a past member who had knowledge of these things and posted with humour etc etc

Today that post has vanished into cyberspace  Shocked 

Now I wonder
1) who dun it ?
2) why was it dun ?

Suspect we don't need to ask 'cos we know the answers

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #1189 on: March 25, 2008, 09:37:51 AM »

I know I am not allowed to name the names of other Forums, but on a well known Orthodox e-mail list on Yahoo a Latin priest has asked about the events of the bannings of the Orthodox from CAF last November onwards.  If anybody wants to contribute and help his understanding of those events, please PM me for the name of the Yahoo list.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1190 on: March 26, 2008, 12:07:02 AM »

I noticed mgy100 was banned today...

pax etc etc

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Apotheoun
"Three realities pertain to God: essence, energy, and the triad of divine hypostaseis." St. Gregory Palamas
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Melkite Catholic

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #1191 on: March 26, 2008, 12:44:06 AM »

Yes, I was sorry to see him banned.  Perhaps his complaints will some day be addressed at CAF.

"All that the Father has belongs likewise to the Son, except Causality."
St. Gregory Nazianzen

"We should believe that divine grace is present in the icon of Christ and that it communicates sanctification to those who draw near with faith."
St. Theodore Studite
the slave
High Elder

« Reply #1192 on: March 26, 2008, 07:03:13 AM »

With the comments from the Mod on  mgy's Orthodox banishment thread,  I think there is no way they will address any of the complaints.

It's a pity - the old Forum was good - the info was accurate and questions were answered correctly.

There is a lot of rubbish that gets posted there at present - very sad

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Apotheoun
"Three realities pertain to God: essence, energy, and the triad of divine hypostaseis." St. Gregory Palamas
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Melkite Catholic

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #1193 on: March 26, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »

There is a lot of rubbish that gets posted there at present - very sad
I agree. 

I was saddened to see that a thread I recently posted in, entitled:  "Do Eastern Catholics need to be taught Latin theology?", has simply disappeared altogether.

In my final post in that thread I gave the following in response to Hesychios (I have also included his comment in italics):

Quote from: Apotheoun
Quote from: Hesychios
I simply have no way of addressing this without offending someone.

I would call it the Papal Communion if I had my way, but that's sure to tick off somebody.

If I call it the Roman Communion and I offend others, like yourself, whom I respect greatly.

If I call it the Catholic Communion still others object, myself included. I have to respect myself too.

I cannot find a compromise term everyone will agree on.

Sorry to have offended you.

Michael
Michael,

Thank you for responding to my post, and rest assured that I am not offended by your comments.

I would never ask you to compromise your beliefs, but I would explain my own ecclesiological viewpoint in this way:  I am not in the "Roman Communion"; instead, I am a Ruthenian Catholic, i.e., an Orthodox Christian, in communion with Rome.

As I see it, the Catholic Church includes the Latin and Eastern Catholic Churches, which are all presently in full communion with each other, but also includes the Orthodox Churches not yet in full communion with the bishop of Rome, ". . . for in every valid celebration of the Eucharist the one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church becomes truly present" [CDF Communionis Notio, no. 17]. In other words, as true particular Churches the Orthodox are Catholic, and hopefully through ecumenical dialogue full ecclesial communion will be restored between the whole of the East and the Western Church. Sadly, at least for the present, both East and West are wounded, because the lack of full ecclesial communion ". . . hinders the complete fulfillment of [the Church's] universality in history" [CDF Communionis Notio, no. 17].

God bless,
Todd
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 01:46:24 PM by Apotheoun » Logged

"All that the Father has belongs likewise to the Son, except Causality."
St. Gregory Nazianzen

"We should believe that divine grace is present in the icon of Christ and that it communicates sanctification to those who draw near with faith."
St. Theodore Studite
orthodoxlurker
Supporter & Defender of Fr Ambrose (Irish Hermit) - banned
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian - NOT a phanariote
Jurisdiction: Serbian Patriarchate under siege

al-Saabir yaraa al-Hurriyah

« Reply #1194 on: March 27, 2008, 12:52:28 PM »

It's a pity - the old Forum was good - the info was accurate and questions were answered correctly.

... very sad

It was a tremendous resource. So sad. I spent weeks feeling sorow. I don't go there for lurking anymore. So sad.

Curse the Pope, for he is the root and cause of these disasters! - St. Nektarios of Aegina

You don't get to circumvent your post moderation by calling out the moderators in your signature. ~Veniamin, Global Moderator
the slave
High Elder

« Reply #1195 on: March 27, 2008, 05:22:50 PM »

For the first time they have openly stated why someone was banned .

I suggest that we should be prepared for more now

- St. John Maximovitch
Hesychios
perpetual neophyte
Site Supporter

« Reply #1196 on: March 27, 2008, 06:27:59 PM »

For the first time they have openly stated why someone was banned .

I suggest that we should be prepared for more now
There's hardly anyone left!

But somehow I think you are right about that.

Just two or three more and the lobotomy will be finished.

Michael

"Tradition is the living faith of the dead; traditionalism is the dead faith of the living"
Jaroslav Pelikan
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #1197 on: March 28, 2008, 02:31:55 AM »

Just two or three more and the lobotomy will be finished.

Not much point to breathing with two lungs if you haven't got a brain  Cheesy

John
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #1198 on: March 28, 2008, 03:17:07 AM »

Just signed up to CAF and appealed, again, for honesty about the status of the bannees.  I imagine that my post will be removed very quickly

Here is is...

Thread Topic: The Banned Orthodox who are still shown as CAF Members

The Banned Orthodox.

I am one of the Banned Orthodox. There were about 17 of us banned in The Great Orthodox Purge of November last year.

The staff at CAFcontinue to conceal these secret bannings by lying about our status. Under my name of "Fr Ambrose" you will still see me listed as a Senior Member. I am not. The CAF staff removed me, and many other members, 4 months ago but they do not want you to know that.

Catherine Grant wrote today:

Quote:
"The reality is that they were all banned for their refusal to follow the forum rules, and their religion never was an issue in that decision"  /unquote

That also is untrue.

Here is the reason given for my banning by the CAF staff:

Quote:
Your account has been locked for the following reason:
Excess mod/admin resources required to monitor acct.
This change will be lifted: Never 
/unquote

As before I and the other bannees appeal to CAF to act with integrity and honesty and show our correct status. I strongly object that the lie is being promulgated here that I am still a member of this Forum.

------------------------------------
From a CAF post : "I think you need glasses. I just checked the Member List and it shows he is not banned as you say he was.

This shows that Catherine Grant's policy of "trying to protect our dignity" by not showing us as banned is having the opposite effect.

Our reputation is being damaged by her concealment of our true status.

Because we are still shown as active members, other members do not know we are banned and I have seen messages on CAF accusing us of

1. lying about our status
2. "punishing" other members by refusing to participate
3. sulking
4. trying to make CAF look bad.

An honest and open "Banned" under our names would do more to restore our dignity than Catherine Grant's present policy of concealment which is having the opposite effect.

Let the members see the truth about my status, Catherine, and that of the other bannees. Shame the devil.

Fr Ambrose
Russian Orthodox
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1199 on: March 28, 2008, 05:20:18 AM »

Not much point to breathing with two lungs if you haven't got a brain  Cheesy

John

Post of the month nomination!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
the slave
High Elder

« Reply #1200 on: March 28, 2008, 06:00:53 AM »

Sorry Fr Ambrose

It's gone already ;(

Are any of us surprised ?

- St. John Maximovitch
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #1201 on: March 28, 2008, 11:51:36 AM »

I am not surprised concerning mgy100's banishment. If some one wants to sent abusive messages to moderators, they should expect to be banned.

Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #1202 on: March 28, 2008, 02:53:36 PM »

If some one wants to sent abusive messages to moderators, they should expect to be banned.

I agree.

I'm not questioning mgy100's banishment from CAF. My question, Papist, is why the secrecy about who's been banished and who hasn't? Under mgy100's name it clearly say "Banned", but under Irish Melkite's name it says "Senior Member". Does this mean that Irish Melkite is still permitted to post, and has just been choosing not too? That's what the casual observer would assume.

-Peter.

the slave
High Elder

« Reply #1203 on: March 28, 2008, 03:16:57 PM »

Agreed - this is the Great Mystery

Why are some banned members tagged with 'Banned' and others are not ?

This has never been explained.

- St. John Maximovitch
polaris

Faith: Roman Catholic (latin)

« Reply #1204 on: March 28, 2008, 04:17:10 PM »

Here you all are. I finally found you. I was a ghost obsever in that forum for along time.  You guys were really good.  So much so I was missing Fr Ambrose today. I was a secret fan, so I decided to hunt him down and I found this place because of Micheals post today with Orthodox/Roman converts thread at CAF.  I don't know if it as exciting over here as it was there, but Hello All.  Keep up the quality you had at CAF and I might join the EO someday. Wink  Also if what you say in this forum is true wow I am naive,  I sent an email ForumAdmin at CAF innocently looking for Fr Ambrose...........I'm so going to get banned and not for what I thought I would get banned for. hehehe   
username!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #1205 on: March 28, 2008, 04:35:28 PM »

I am not surprised concerning mgy100's banishment. If some one wants to sent abusive messages to moderators, they should expect to be banned.

HAHAH you only wish you KNEW both sides to the story.  Too bad that poster is gone and can't fully explain the other side of the story.

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1206 on: March 28, 2008, 05:17:26 PM »

Here you all are. I finally found you. I was a ghost obsever in that forum for along time.  You guys were really good.  So much so I was missing Fr Ambrose today. I was a secret fan, so I decided to hunt him down and I found this place because of Micheals post today with Orthodox/Roman converts thread at CAF.  I don't know if it as exciting over here as it was there, but Hello All.  Keep up the quality you had at CAF and I might join the EO someday. Wink  Also if what you say in this forum is true wow I am naive,  I sent an email ForumAdmin at CAF innocently looking for Fr Ambrose...........I'm so going to get banned and not for what I thought I would get banned for. hehehe   

Well, welcome to OC.net!  I hope you find your stay here to be enjoyable, enlightening, edifying, etc!  If you have any specific questions about Orthodoxy, feel free to make use of the Convert Issues forum or the Faith forum. 

Cleveland
Global Moderator

---------------------
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #1207 on: March 28, 2008, 05:27:02 PM »

I agree.

I'm not questioning mgy100's banishment from CAF. My question, Papist, is why the secrecy about who's been banished and who hasn't? Under mgy100's name it clearly say "Banned", but under Irish Melkite's name it says "Senior Member". Does this mean that Irish Melkite is still permitted to post, and has just been choosing not too? That's what the casual observer would assume.

-Peter.
Possibly because everyone who wants to take the details of ever banishment public as if they were appropriate topics of discussion in the general forums.

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #1208 on: March 28, 2008, 05:28:12 PM »

HAHAH you only wish you KNEW both sides to the story.  Too bad that poster is gone and can't fully explain the other side of the story.
That's not exactly the way being banned from a forum, any forum works. You don't get to present your case to the rest of the forum members in the general forum. You are just banned. That's how it works.

Hesychios
perpetual neophyte
Site Supporter

« Reply #1209 on: March 28, 2008, 05:31:09 PM »

I received a warning from someone in the Administration over there at CAF recently. I definitely felt like I was being baited. Although I would like to believe that had not been the case. Once again, I offered my resignation. In fact it is a standing offer, they can take it up anytime no questions asked.

I hope I am wrong about this, but the person seemed to have a way of communicating in a hostile and degrading manner. Hopefully it was just a case of a stressed individual communicating poorly in Ariel font. We all know how that can happen.

Michael

Jaroslav Pelikan
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #1210 on: March 28, 2008, 06:34:34 PM »

Possibly because everyone who wants to take the details of ever banishment public as if they were appropriate topics of discussion in the general forums.

And that justifies keeping those bannings secret??

username!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #1211 on: March 29, 2008, 12:55:42 AM »

That's not exactly the way being banned from a forum, any forum works. You don't get to present your case to the rest of the forum members in the general forum. You are just banned. That's how it works.

Papist, are you speaking from experience?  Tongue

prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #1212 on: March 29, 2008, 08:45:54 AM »

BTW, a simple way for people to determine if someone really is banned is to view their profile and see if there is the option to send them a PM. If not, they can then assume they have been stealth banned. It is of course possible to disable PM's in your profile, but I don't think I have ever come across anyone who had voluntarily done so.

John
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #1213 on: March 29, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »

Papist, are you speaking from experience?  Tongue
Actually, Yes!!!  Grin

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #1214 on: March 29, 2008, 11:47:12 AM »

And that justifies keeping those bannings secret??
I certainly think so. If everyone would stop behaving like children over there, there would be no reason for this.

Tags: Catholic Answers Forum CAF Reunion CAF 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: