OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 04:24:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: catholic answers forum bars orthodox dicussion  (Read 273804 times) Average Rating: 0
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2007, 09:04:57 AM »

Same here.

Btw I'd post on all of you, how much I enjoyed your posts, both Orthodox and those with Rome, but I'm afraid I would have to do so so often I'd be accused of bloating my posting number. Grin

Don't worry about it - people have less substantial things to say than praise of other posters, and often post them unabashedly seeking a raise in their post count.  Go ahead - appreciate your friends!  Sometimes they think that their posts are less than helpful, until someone points out how they've actually helped them.

Try the "Random Postings" thread: it's where we go on OC.net to just post, well, Random things.  http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,7837.2715.html

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2007, 09:12:17 AM »

It's a shame, really. I'm not banned, but that's because I'm Catholic. I've always said that I'm in more agreement with the Orthodox than the Latin church and just the other day, I got asked why I'm not Orthodox then. Probably because I haven't had the chance, yet. It will happen, though. I have already alerted my parents who have mixed feelings (they're evangelicals) that I will become Orthodox.

Which just means you will be becoming more Catholic.

My Evangelical Lutheran mother did come to my chrismation.  She left the Church muttering something about hocus pocus.  We didn't talk much about it for five years.

One day we were passing a Latin rite church an I remarked how it was Romanesque.  She asked me what that meant, and I explained it had thick walls, less window space, etc.  She then said "I hear that your Church hasn't changed since the time of the Apostles."  Suprised, I replied "That's the idea."

Things were even better for a family at our parish.  John and Tanya Maddex (what I say here he has told me here is public knowledge now, so I'm not breaking any confidence) were dismayed that their daughter, a student at Moody Bible Institute, was sort of seeing someone at Moody who was getting involved in this Orthodox cult.  John was director of Moody's Radio network.  So they wanted to see how they could combat this.  Well, as we know how that goes: the daughter converted after the boyfriend (now husband), her brother converted with his wife (please pray for Paige, I hear she has a bout with cancer), and in turn John and Tanya, the grandmother, etc...  Btw, since it was in the news, John was forced to resign his post from Moody this year, but has personally told me that he agreed with the decision (it is a Baptist mission after all), they gave him a very fair package, and they parted with mutual respect and dignity and without hard feelings. He now runs www.ancientfaithradio.com (I often listen while I post: keeps the flames down).

Btw, one of the posts consigned to the flames at ECF had the link to the Baptist missionary manual, which the post (and I see why) some Orthodox were actually adopting as an Orthodox Catechism!  Anyone have the link?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:14:33 AM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2007, 09:18:41 AM »

Sad to say, but the new Eastern Catholicism forum appears to be designed to force Eastern Catholics -- like me -- to conform to Latin doctrinal formulations.

Yes, a number of the posts were sort of "well the Eastern Catholics don't have to SAY them, but they had better BELIEVE them."

Right now a discussion is going on which more or less revolves on how those of us in the East (under Rome and not) are REALLY missing REAL spirituality because we don't have Eucharistic Adoration as a separate practice.

Such things of course makes us Orthodox stay put.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2007, 09:25:40 AM »

I want to second wynd's impression. Your postings, Apotheoun, were so edifying to me.

Many, many so informative posts - not only from the Orthodox posters headed by Fr Ambrose, Isa Almisry, Heracliades, Hesychios, Orthodoc, Reader Arsenios, StMarkofE, Montalban, ICXC NIKA, but also of RC and U-(forbidden - I'm really puzzled why) - Apotheoun being the first "among equals", Ghosty, Mardukm, Catholig, and many, many others.

A real treasury deleted!

Yes, I heartily second your post.

Ghosty and Mardukm's defense of the Latin (in the theological and liturgical sense of the word: beyond that I leave to your own imaginations) positions alone should have made them think before they dumped it in the shredder.  In particular, many here I think saw the loggerheads I had with Mardukhm, all without it getting personal, and I hope highly enlightening (I found it so).

Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2007, 09:50:16 AM »

I might mention an odd thing that happened after the ECF was taken off archives:

Someone PMd me about praying the Novena for November for the souls in purgatory, and gave me instructions on how to do so, and a link to where I could post that I was doing it.

I replied:

For some reason I can't fathom I received a PM to join in on this, and directed me to this thread.

I doubt anyone who has seen my numerous posts on "purgatory" on the Eastern Chrisitan forum would have sent me such a message. I'd direct you to look at them, but they, along with the rest of the Eastern Christian forum, have been purged.

I don't do Novenas. Remind me too much of the occultism I left while a teenager.

Now I do regularly pray for the departed, and so I'll add your good intentions this month. Hope it helps.

ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2007, 10:05:15 AM »

Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
I think this sums up this whole sorry situation. But lets see how your Koine is: "μη δωτε το αγιον τοις κυσιν μηδε βαλητε τους μαργαριτας υμων εμπροσθεν των χοιρων μηποτε καταπατησουσιν αυτους εν τοις ποσιν αυτων και στραφεντες ρηξωσιν υμας" Wink
Welcome to our new and renewed forum members!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2007, 11:06:01 AM »

I think this sums up this whole sorry situation. But lets see how your Koine is: "μη δωτε το αγιον τοις κυσιν μηδε βαλητε τους μαργαριτας υμων εμπροσθεν των χοιρων μηποτε καταπατησουσιν αυτους εν τοις ποσιν αυτων και στραφεντες ρηξωσιν υμας" Wink
Welcome to our new and renewed forum members!

καὶ ὃς ἂν μὴ δέξηται ὑμᾶς μηδὲ ἀκούσῃ τοὺς λόγους ὑμῶν, ἐξερχόμενοι ἔξω τῆς οἰκίας ἢ τῆς πόλεως ἐκείνης ἐκτινάξατε τὸν κονιορτὸν ἐκ τῶν ποδῶν ὑμῶν. ἀμὴν λέγω ὑμῖν, ἀνεκτότερον ἔσται γῇ Σοδόμων καὶ Γομόρρων ἐν ἡμέρᾳ κρίσεως ἢ τῇ πόλει ἐκείνῃ.
 Cry

Athanasios
Latin Rite Catholic faithful to the Holy Father and the Magisterium
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin Church Diocese of Youngstown

The Divine Mercy

« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2007, 11:10:09 AM »

Hello,

καὶ ὃς ἂν μὴ δέξηται ὑμᾶς μηδὲ ἀκούσῃ τοὺς λόγους ὑμῶν, ἐξερχόμενοι ἔξω τῆς οἰκίας ἢ τῆς πόλεως ἐκείνης ἐκτινάξατε τὸν κονιορτὸν ἐκ τῶν ποδῶν ὑμῶν. ἀμὴν λέγω ὑμῖν, ἀνεκτότερον ἔσται γῇ Σοδόμων καὶ Γομόρρων ἐν ἡμέρᾳ κρίσεως ἢ τῇ πόλει ἐκείνῃ.
 Cry
Huh

It's Greek to me.  Grin

Through the intercession of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, may Jesus Christ bless you abundantly.

Pray that we may be one, as Christ and His Father are one. (John 17:20ff)

A.K.A. - JMJ_coder
Hesychios
perpetual neophyte
Site Supporter

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2007, 11:19:03 AM »

I was sorry to see the closing of the Eastern Christianity forum at CAF.  

Almost all of my posts have been deleted.
Sad to say, but the new Eastern Catholicism forum appears to be designed to force Eastern Catholics -- like me -- to conform to Latin doctrinal formulations.
I have the highest regard for your depth of knowledge.

I am sad to see what has happened at CAF, but very glad to see your posts again. I detect a sense of muted response from many now. It's sad because the first exposure people have to Eastern Apostolic Christianity should be eyes wide open, for their sake.

Welcome here, and good luck everywhere you post.

Michael, that sinner

"Tradition is the living faith of the dead; traditionalism is the dead faith of the living"
Jaroslav Pelikan
wynd
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox

Transfiguration

« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2007, 11:26:38 AM »

μαργαριτας
The one word that jumped out at me.  Grin
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2007, 11:28:32 AM »

Hello,
 Huh

It's Greek to me.  Grin

It's all Gospel to us. Grin

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2007, 11:39:28 AM »

It's Greek to me.  Grin
I quoted Matthew 7:6, and ialmisry resplied with Mark 6:11.

Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2007, 12:00:40 PM »

I notice that you are Armenian.  A frequent complaint I had on ECF (of course, it wasn't their fault) was that the number of non-Chalcedonians Orthodox was nearly non-existent. In fact, I think we only had a few Copts and Syriacs who had submitted to Rome. I always felt a little queasy speaking for the Copts, Mar Thoma, Armenians, etc., but I wanted make sure their views were heard too.

I notice your last name is Almisry.  Doesn't that mean Egyptian in Arabic?  Are you Coptic?

Ziggernaut
Curmudgeon Extraordinaire

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2007, 12:43:54 PM »

Wow, it's like old home week here!! Smiley Smiley

What a treat to see all of you here, especially such luminaries as Isa, St. Mark, Arsenios, etc., etc.  Please, I hope no one takes offense by not being included in the "luminaries" list.  Notice that I am not there either  Shocked!  I truely valued all the contributors at CAF who are now making their "home" here!  Oftentimes, it was those who only posted infrequently who contributed some of the most pointed and cogent posts.  Seems like what started as a trickle from CAF is now becoming a flood!

Oh well, their loss!!!

Truely a crying shame to see the total loss of all those incredible posts!  And given what went down over there, it hardly surprises me.  And as someone said here earlier, so very much in keeping with the whole RC phronema.

I never contributed much at CAF, and given my situation, probably won't run up much of a post count here, but I'll be a happy lurker, at least!

So wonderful to see everyone here!

Many blessings,
Jeff

"Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it."  Augustine of Hippo
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2007, 12:48:13 PM »

Just a warm welcome to all the new folks on the site!  Please make yourselves at home! 

If you have any suggestions or comments about the site, feel free to PM me.

Also, if you are in the mood for much  more polemical debate, send me a PM and we can add you to our special "Private" forums where you can debate to heart's content.

Thanks and welcome!
Robert
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2007, 01:07:18 PM »

I notice your last name is Almisry.  Doesn't that mean Egyptian in Arabic?  Are you Coptic?

Very good, it does, but no, I'm not Coptic.  There's a community of Syro-Lebanese in Egypt.  The muslims have been assimilated by the Egyptians, but because of the difference in Sunday worship, we're still identifiable as Syro-Egyptians.  I was born and raised in the US, and haven't been to Egypt since the 90's.

I love the Copts, and actually had to emphasize with them that I wasn't Coptic (I went to the Coptic Church regularly), although I understood Coptic.  I almost married a Copt (who, however was Protestant).  No offense, I was quite flattered, but just I am Arab (I also defend strongly the Copts right to see themselves as a people separate from the Arabs, no offense there either).'

I was received by the OCA, but am now at an Antiochean parish which is almost 100% converts, except for our children (the priest always kids that the Almisry boys will complain that the DL was in a lanaguage they didn't understand:English! [their mother's Romanian]).  I sort of consider myself under Alexandria (Pope Theodore but I commorate Shenoudah too), on loan to Antioch (the de facto Patriarch of the Arabs, although that had nothing to do with how I ended up at an Antiochean parish).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 01:09:37 PM by ialmisry » Logged

Ziggernaut

« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2007, 01:39:18 PM »

Just a warm welcome to all the new folks on the site!  Please make yourselves at home! 

If you have any suggestions or comments about the site, feel free to PM me.

Also, if you are in the mood for much  more polemical debate, send me a PM and we can add you to our special "Private" forums where you can debate to heart's content.

Thanks and welcome!
Robert

What a joy to be welcomed so warmly here by all the admins. and moderators!!  Never got any kind of welcome even close to that by the CAF folks.  I wonder if that, too, reflects a difference between the Orthodox and RC world-views?  Just a (tiny) thought!

Thank you all so much!

Many blessings,
Jeff

"Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it."  Augustine of Hippo
Apotheoun
"Three realities pertain to God: essence, energy, and the triad of divine hypostaseis." St. Gregory Palamas
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Melkite Catholic

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2007, 04:40:52 PM »

Charity certainly is lacking at the new Eastern Catholicism forum, because I was just compared to Satan by a poster named "East and West" (I believe he uses the screen name Papist at this forum).

"All that the Father has belongs likewise to the Son, except Causality."
St. Gregory Nazianzen

"We should believe that divine grace is present in the icon of Christ and that it communicates sanctification to those who draw near with faith."
St. Theodore Studite
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2007, 04:54:12 PM »

G, I use ScotchGuard (single malt), those irritants just fall away... Cool

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Ziggernaut

« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2007, 05:21:01 PM »

I just used the "Contact Us" form at CAF and very politely asked what happened to EC 2007 archive and all the posts therein.  It will be very interesting to see what they say in reply.  That is, if they even reply at all!

Maybe some of the folks here who are still in "good standing" there could also ask, that is, if you felt like taking the time and trouble to do so.  Maybe I'm delusional, but perhaps there's a way to retrieve some of those great posts.  And then again, maybe not Sad .

Many blessings,
Jeff

Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2007, 05:22:23 PM »

Catholic answers forum,, removed the eastern christian sub -forum renamed it eastern catholic ,,,accused the orthodox of proselytizing the eastern catholics /roman catholic ,,,orthodox may be able to defend the faith in the non catholic sub-forum still not sure about that thought...i was banned for some reason.. in the new eastern catholic sub -forum if orthodox participate the cant call them selfs catholic or orthodox catholic acording to the moderator Therese  martin  stashko Huh

But they are free to call themselves Orthodox. Using the term Catholic was just two confusing for new people coming into the Forum for the first time.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2007, 05:27:12 PM »

I just used the "Contact Us" form at CAF and very politely asked what happened to EC 2007 archive and all the posts therein.  It will be very interesting to see what they say in reply.  That is, if they even reply at all!

Maybe some of the folks here who are still in "good standing" there could also ask, that is, if you felt like taking the time and trouble to do so.  Maybe I'm delusional, but perhaps there's a way to retrieve some of those great posts.  And then again, maybe not Sad .

Please let me know what the response is...perhaps there is some way we could help preserve these threads...the amateur historian/archivist in me is horrified at the thought of the destruction of knowledge and attempt to re-write history that is being undertaken.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Apotheoun
"Three realities pertain to God: essence, energy, and the triad of divine hypostaseis." St. Gregory Palamas
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Melkite Catholic

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2007, 05:28:33 PM »

It may be confusing for Roman Catholics, but the Eastern Orthodox are Catholics.

"All that the Father has belongs likewise to the Son, except Causality."
St. Gregory Nazianzen

"We should believe that divine grace is present in the icon of Christ and that it communicates sanctification to those who draw near with faith."
St. Theodore Studite
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2007, 05:33:15 PM »

It may be confusing for Roman Catholics, but the Eastern Orthodox are Catholics.
Chuckle, chuckle...
You fit in just fine here, Apotheoun  Cheesy

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2007, 05:42:45 PM »

But they are free to call themselves Orthodox. Using the term Catholic was just two confusing for new people coming into the Forum for the first time.
Errrr...and that's supposed to explain and justify the removal of the entire EC forum from the public record?

Ziggernaut

« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2007, 05:43:17 PM »

Come on, Papist, give us a break.  That was hardly the main issue, and you know it.  And if we did call ourselves Orthodox, or Orthodox Catholic, and stepped just a nano-micron outside the ridiculous parameters set by the mods., bam!, account frozen.  

If that was a problem, and I seriously doubt it was, all the mods. had to do was to state it as such and politely and respectfully request that we just call ourselves Orthodox and leave it at that.  Simple.  Non-confrontational.  Easy.  But, that wasn't a problem, wasn't an issue, and you saw what happened.

Blessings,
Jeff

Ziggernaut

« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2007, 05:47:48 PM »

Please let me know what the response is...perhaps there is some way we could help preserve these threads...the amateur historian/archivist in me is horrified at the thought of the destruction of knowledge and attempt to re-write history that is being undertaken.

Will do!!

Yeah, it's pretty awful what they've done, even if it is "only" a web-site, as someone earlier put it.

Blessings,
Jeff

Jimmy
Maronite

Faith: Maronite Catholic

« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2007, 05:51:31 PM »

Just look at the discussions I have had over there and you will see this pretty clearly.  I have already been called a heretic and uncatholic.  Atleast though there might be some thoroughly eastern Catholics beginning to post again.  LakaYaRabb is a friend of mine from Steubenville and I can tell you he has no intent on submitting to the western views. 
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2007, 05:54:21 PM »

The more I think about their actions the more they seems like a "book burning".

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2007, 05:56:09 PM »

Actually, there was a thread on what to call everyone, as well as different cities.  I think there were three or four Romes and New York City is the Fourth Babylon.    Smiley

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,12059.html#top

Ziggernaut

« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2007, 06:08:53 PM »

The more I think about their actions the more they seems like a "book burning".

Indeed!  I'm sure, however, that they would say, "It's our web-site and we'll do with it what we want!"  And as far as that goes, it's true.  But the spirit of what they have done most definitely resembles a book burning.

Blessings,
Jeff

Ziggernaut

« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2007, 06:36:21 PM »

"The old forum has been removed from the archive for the foreseeable future.  Whether it will be restored to the site has not yet been determined.

ForumAdmin Staff
Catholic Answers Forums"

There's their answer.  Nice and informative, isn't it? (Yeah, right!)

At least they imply that the posts are not gone forever.  I guess we'll just have to rely upon their good will (yeah, right!) for any future restoration of them.

Blessings,
Jeff
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 06:38:02 PM by Ziggernaut » Logged

Christodoulos
Elder

« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2007, 06:43:25 PM »

God bless!

I think they were afraid of the orthodox and their arguments !
What can they say against the Holy Truth ? Nothing, so they had to stop the discussion.

In CHRIST
Ziggernaut

« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2007, 06:54:06 PM »

God bless!

I think they were afraid of the orthodox and their arguments !
What can they say against the Holy Truth ? Nothing, so they had to stop the discussion.

In CHRIST

Yup!

I also just wrote them back asking if there was a reason for removing the archive.  (I asked them that in the first email, but I guess they chose to ignore it.)  Will keep you posted.

In Christ,
Jeff

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2007, 06:56:38 PM »

I'm sure, however, that they would say, "It's our web-site and we'll do with it what we want!" 
Well, yes, they certainly are free to do so. But what kind of company are they in when they undertake a bibliocaust?
"Where one burns books, one will soon burn people."  -Heinrich Heine

Ziggernaut

« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2007, 07:00:02 PM »

Well, yes, they certainly are free to do so. But what kind of company are they in when they undertake a bibliocaust?
"Where one burns books, one will soon burn people."  -Heinrich Heine

Hmmmmmm.....The Spanish Inquisition?

I know, RC's say what's written about it is hyperbole.  Could be, I guess.  I wasn't there.

God bless,
Jeff

wynd
High Elder

Transfiguration

« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2007, 07:14:35 PM »

Just look at the discussions I have had over there and you will see this pretty clearly.  I have already been called a heretic and uncatholic.  Atleast though there might be some thoroughly eastern Catholics beginning to post again.  LakaYaRabb is a friend of mine from Steubenville and I can tell you he has no intent on submitting to the western views. 
That's too bad. I'm glad to see you, Laka and Yeshua sticking up for Eastern/Oriental Catholicism on the new EC board.
Alexius

Faith: Eastern Catholic

Baptism of Poland

« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2007, 07:18:19 PM »

LakaYaRabb is a friend of mine from Steubenville and I can tell you he has no intent on submitting to the western views. 

I just posted on CA that I will not accept these either. It appears that the administration is preparing a response on the staff chat, but I can't be sure. It also seems that Joe Monahan is no longer a moderator...

"You cannot reason with those who do not..."

Prayers and Petitions,
                        Alexius Cool
yeshua

Faith: Syriac-Maronite

« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2007, 09:08:23 PM »

I am very close to hitting my final barrier with CAF. I can not believe how stark it is now, not even the helpful Latin Catholics are showing themselves out in full (though to his credit, Ghosty has done some good). No matter how hard we show and discuss and prove how valid experiences, it's not good enough, which should be of no surprise. Anyway, forgive my vent. I came to announce I probably will not be participating on CAF anymore, if at all be a casual lurker. I just feel this responsibility to step in when someone suddenly starts defending Latinizations. But why bother if everyone in the room agrees with the sentiment.

Bah.

Peace and God Bless.
wynd
High Elder

Transfiguration

« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2007, 09:17:44 PM »

I just posted on CA that I will not accept these either. It appears that the administration is preparing a response on the staff chat, but I can't be sure. It also seems that Joe Monahan is no longer a moderator...
How do you know that?
wynd
High Elder

Transfiguration

« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2007, 09:18:29 PM »

I am very close to hitting my final barrier with CAF. I can not believe how stark it is now, not even the helpful Latin Catholics are showing themselves out in full (though to his credit, Ghosty has done some good). No matter how hard we show and discuss and prove how valid experiences, it's not good enough, which should be of no surprise. Anyway, forgive my vent. I came to announce I probably will not be participating on CAF anymore, if at all be a casual lurker. I just feel this responsibility to step in when someone suddenly starts defending Latinizations. But why bother if everyone in the room agrees with the sentiment.
I've never been an EC so I can't comment, but it seems weird to me that some of the staunchest defenders of Latinizations are the ECs themselves. Is that common?
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2007, 09:22:02 PM »

I was very sad to see the archives of the Eastern Christianity taken out of public view. I enjoyed going back and reading those threads. Especially the one about Halloween that Father Ambrose contributed. I am still kicking myself for not saving the link to that blog he posted. Angry
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #177 on: November 12, 2007, 09:30:52 PM »

Hi everyone... I got banned from Catholic Answers too.. You would think once in a while people would be smart enough not to play to type.

They simply couldn't handle rigorous scrutiny. They much prefer Protestants whom they can quickly defeat by introducing them to the writings of the Church Fathers. They were continually defeated on what they thought was their turf. So they reverted to type and did their draconian thing.

Lord have mercy on all of us

Marc

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
yeshua

Faith: Syriac-Maronite

« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2007, 09:32:15 PM »

I've never been an EC so I can't comment, but it seems weird to me that some of the staunchest defenders of Latinizations are the ECs themselves. Is that common?

In the diaspora, as common as you will find staunch defenders of Eastern and Oriental tradition, maybe more so, I really don't know. For the Maronites, many of these communities were born out of the care of American Roman Catholic prelates, often times growing with Latinizations; these people don't even know what's not their tradition.

Peace and God Bless.
Athanasios
Latin Rite Catholic faithful to the Holy Father and the Magisterium
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Latin Church Diocese of Youngstown

The Divine Mercy

« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2007, 09:46:34 PM »

Hello,

I asked the CAF if I could get access to the old archives to save some of my more memorable posts - and those of others. The response I got is:

We sympathize with the loss of posts important to you, but unfortunately
do not have the time and resources necessary to recover them for you.

ForumAdmin Staff
Catholic Answers Forums
(http://forums.catholic.com)

Bummer! When will I learn to never put off till tomorrow what you can backup today.  Smiley

Through the intercession of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, may Jesus Christ bless you abundantly.

Pray that we may be one, as Christ and His Father are one. (John 17:20ff)

A.K.A. - JMJ_coder
Tags: Catholic Answers Forum CAF Reunion CAF 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: