OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 09:17:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: catholic answers forum bars orthodox dicussion  (Read 274040 times) Average Rating: 0
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #630 on: November 24, 2007, 08:17:25 PM »

If the (CAF) is really the most read catholic board, it is an amazing thing that they do treat all things Eastern with such contempt now.
They could have simply dissolved the entire subforum, and simply moved all things Eastern to another more generic forum.

Instead, new forum, simply serves to not only showcase disinformation on Eastern Christianity, but to visibly demonstrate what abhorrence that these catholics have for the truth held in the East.  All without giving us an opportunity to defend ourselves, or even give a modicum of hackamore to the Latin hate machine.

These new moderators are prime examples of why the RCC has been distrusted in the East for a 1,000 years.
It seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Yes. I was sorry to see something like this happen. It was an interesting and informative forum while it lasted and many of us were happy to learn from it. Just a few days before the E Christianity forum crashed, Joe Monahan had posted a congratulatory note to several participants with a beaming description of the forum as one of the best around.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #631 on: November 24, 2007, 08:17:50 PM »

What's sock puppetry?
The same person deceptively using a different account.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 08:20:29 PM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
stanley123
Protokentarchos

« Reply #632 on: November 24, 2007, 08:24:49 PM »

Forbidden, as a great wickedness, by canons of both the Greek and Russian Churches.
Gary Kasparov has a new book out: How Life Imitates Chess, Making the right moves from the board to the boardroom. I have a feeling that CAF has made several wrong moves recently.
Joab Anias

Jurisdiction: Rome

« Reply #633 on: November 24, 2007, 08:26:44 PM »

If the (CAF) is really the most read catholic board, it is an amazing thing that they do treat all things Eastern with such contempt now.

I don't think the mods treat anything with contempt except contempt.

They could have simply dissolved the entire subforum, and simply moved all things Eastern to another more generic forum.

That probably would have been the best as well as the traditional catholic thread too. Both threads seem to only cause division over volitile issues.

Instead, new forum, simply serves to not only showcase disinformation on Eastern Christianity, but to visibly demonstrate what abhorrence that these catholics have for the truth held in the East.  All without giving us an opportunity to defend ourselves, or even give a modicum of hackamore to the Latin hate machine.

There just doesn't seem to be so many Eastern Catholics involved. I think the biggest obsticle is the ignornace of the theology of the east. I admit I have seen Romans with ideas of Latinizations but I don't blame them. They know not what they do.

These new moderators are prime examples of why the RCC has been distrusted in the East for a 1,000 years.
It seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Discipline is hard to take. Especially when your intentions are good. But I suppose these things are the stones that pave the way to sanctity.

Bile must be the gravy best served up with these Latin propagandists.

I don't know how to respond to that. Its about as bad as what I said to get banned. By the way it was just as derogatory to Orthodoxy and I am Roman yet I was banned just the same. You all should take note of that. I a Roman was banned by CA for a derogatory comment against Orthodoxy, though there is a chance it was more for just mentioning the old thread. Who knows.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #634 on: November 24, 2007, 08:29:35 PM »

I guess I deserved it. I'm an idiot!
You're not an idiot. You acted with the best information you had.

I also wrote that it seemed apparent that because of Orthodox inactivity you all apparently weren't interested in unity.

This was before I knew you were all banned and it wasn't showing though. I am sorry for that as well.

I hope you all can forgive me and if not I understand.
God forgives.

Joab Anias

« Reply #635 on: November 24, 2007, 08:37:25 PM »

I've joined the banned ones

<<Your account has been locked for the following reason:
Sock Puppetry

This change will be lifted: Never>>

I didn't even get a reason. Just the one that says I can't access anything. I guess I am left to speculate. Perhaps I tried to understand Orthodoxy to much and as such also understood the Vaticans encouragement of the Eastern Catholics to preserve their theology and custom. This caused me to denounce a couple of misunderstandings about latinizations in a couple of threads.
Joab Anias

« Reply #636 on: November 24, 2007, 08:39:27 PM »

You're not an idiot. You acted with the best information you had.
God forgives.

Thanks, I appreciate that.
Joab Anias

« Reply #637 on: November 24, 2007, 08:42:10 PM »

The same person deceptively using a different account.

I sent an e-mail asking for an appeal but I won't bother playing the ip changing game, though I could I prefer to be honest and respect them. Whats the point, I would still be me and they would see it anyhow.   Wink
stanley123
Protokentarchos

« Reply #638 on: November 24, 2007, 09:00:25 PM »

I didn't even get a reason. Just the one that says I can't access anything. I guess I am left to speculate. Perhaps I tried to understand Orthodoxy to much and as such also understood the Vaticans encouragement of the Eastern Catholics to preserve their theology and custom. This caused me to denounce a couple of misunderstandings about latinizations in a couple of threads.
In reading through your posts on CAF, I don't see where CAF had any reason for objection.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 09:01:02 PM by stanley123 » Logged
Joab Anias

« Reply #639 on: November 24, 2007, 10:03:50 PM »

In reading through your posts on CAF, I don't see where CAF had any reason for objection.

Oh well, I don't know. It certainly doesn't feel right but as St. DeMonfort says; Amen so be it. Maybe she felt I was to close to the old forum. I don't really know.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #640 on: November 24, 2007, 10:15:37 PM »

Commiserations to the new Bannees, Joab and The Slave/Wannabee.  CAF has started to devour even its own!!  I suspect that the Mod for the Eastern Catholicism Forum is out of her depth and simply cannot moderate effectively in an Eastern environment. 

But... congratulations on having Banned under your names!  It's more of a courtesy than the rest of us were shown (about 13 of us, I think)
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #641 on: November 24, 2007, 10:30:58 PM »

CAF has started to devour even its own!!
Exactly as I said they would just over a week ago in this very thread:
Well, yes, they certainly are free to do so. But what kind of company are they in when they undertake a bibliocaust?
"Where one burns books, one will soon burn people."  -Heinrich Heine

Heracleides
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Patriarch of Jerusalem

Kona-Kai

« Reply #642 on: November 24, 2007, 10:41:11 PM »

Commiserations to the new Bannees, Joab and The Slave/Wannabee.  CAF has started to devour even its own!!  I suspect that the Mod for the Eastern Catholicism Forum is out of her depth and simply cannot moderate effectively in an Eastern environment. 

I am curious - does anyone know if the new moderator is an Eastern Catholic? Somehow I get the feeling that Ms. Grant is a Roman Catholic and like Fr. Ambrose I come away feeling that she is truly out of her depth.  I believe Wynd publicly asked the question but never received a reply.  Does anyone happen to know?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 10:44:36 PM by Heracleides » Logged

"And having found Heracleides there again, we instructed him to proclaim the Gospel of God..."  ~Acts of Barnabas
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #643 on: November 24, 2007, 10:49:48 PM »

She was asked in her intro thread if she was eastern catholic. She is not. She did go onto talk about chocolate bribes though... laugh Maybe it is all too true? Did any of those that are banned try to bribe her with chocolate? If I get a banishment I will try to appeal with nice dark chocolate. Grin
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #644 on: November 24, 2007, 10:52:10 PM »

Oh! Wait! There are guests viewing this! Maybe she is one of them and will now ban me to get chocolate! Ooops! If I get banned, I will know why. No chocolate=no love at CAF.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #645 on: November 24, 2007, 10:58:54 PM »

Father Ambrose;
You are quite well known over on CAF. My dear friend, a Catholic, remembers you clearly and is absoutely shocked that you would be banned. You are well thought of even in the "Family" section of the board.
stanley123
Protokentarchos

« Reply #646 on: November 24, 2007, 11:04:42 PM »

I am curious - does anyone know if the new moderator is an Eastern Catholic? Somehow I get the feeling that Ms. Grant is a Roman Catholic and like Fr. Ambrose I come away feeling that she is truly out of her depth.  I believe Wynd publicly asked the question but never received a reply.  Does anyone happen to know?
I don't know how they choose their moderators. I don't know if anyone can apply or if the person is chosen on the basis of an inside recommendation. 
Paradosis

« Reply #647 on: November 24, 2007, 11:20:25 PM »

I guess I deserved it. I'm an idiot! Thats what I get for being a curmudeon. I am sorry.  Sad

I also wrote that it seemed apparent that because of Orthodox inactivity you all apparently weren't interested in unity.

This was before I knew you were all banned and it wasn't showing though. I am sorry for that as well.

I hope you all can forgive me and if not I understand.

Peace.

First, you're far from an idiot, my friend.  No reputable forum should ban a person over forgetting/not being aware of a new rule.  I'm only staying on CAF to provide some semblance of an Orthodox response.  They'll probably ban me eventually.  And God forgives us all.  We all jump to hasty conclusions.  Like I said earlier, it's nice to see that you made it over here.  Smiley

God bless,

Adam
Joab Anias

« Reply #648 on: November 24, 2007, 11:29:16 PM »

But... congratulations on having Banned under your names!  It's more of a courtesy than the rest of us were shown (about 13 of us, I think)

Lol. I would actually rather banned didn't appear under my name. I am humiliated by it. If it wasn't there I could just fade away otherwise all my posts and name is smeared and for what Embarrassed  I don't even know.

Funny another Catholic friend said the same thing you did. She was a female also and after reading my posts figured I must have ruffled her feathers somehow though I can't see how. Pray for those who persecute you I guess.  police AGAIN!  Undecided
Heracleides
Elder

Kona-Kai

« Reply #649 on: November 24, 2007, 11:42:11 PM »

First, you're far from an idiot, my friend.  No reputable forum should ban a person over forgetting/not being aware of a new rule.  I'm only staying on CAF to provide some semblance of an Orthodox response.  They'll probably ban me eventually.  And God forgives us all.  We all jump to hasty conclusions.  Like I said earlier, it's nice to see that you made it over here.  Smiley

God bless,

Adam

Adam - I see the thread containing your most recent posts (those addressed to the the possible re-vert to Catholicism) has vanished from the EC forum.  Was a bit disconcerting - was reading it, hit the refresh button and poof - it's vanished. 

I wonder if Ms. Grant is somehow related to Augusto Pinochet...  Grin

"And having found Heracleides there again, we instructed him to proclaim the Gospel of God..."  ~Acts of Barnabas
Joab Anias

« Reply #650 on: November 24, 2007, 11:42:31 PM »

God bless,

Adam

Yea I picked up on the refugees over here about a week ago from a link in a post over there before all those threads were removed and have been lurking ever since. And keeping my yap shut about all the displeasure with the decisions over there while still in support of them and this is how I get treated. I am still scratching my head about it. I think I am about done with forums. All I have ever wanted to do was help people but maybe I just don't know how. This feels like I have been hurt by the Church herself.  Cry but I know its just another case of misguided authority. Amen so be it!
wynd
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

Transfiguration

« Reply #651 on: November 24, 2007, 11:45:45 PM »

Adam - I see the thread containing your most recent posts (those addressed to the the possible re-vert to Catholicism) has vanished from the EC forum.  Was a bit disconcerting - was reading it, hit the refresh button and poof - it's vanished.
I saw that thread before Adam posted in it. What did he say?
Heracleides
Elder

Kona-Kai

« Reply #652 on: November 24, 2007, 11:57:20 PM »

He can answer better than I, but he was attempting to address her concerns (based on three patristic sources) which she felt might be compeling her to re-vert to Catholicism.  He made mention of the Church Fathers and Orthodox teaching, which no doubt is why the whole thread vanished.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:58:38 PM by Heracleides » Logged

wynd
High Elder

Transfiguration

« Reply #653 on: November 25, 2007, 12:01:17 AM »

He can answer better than I, but he was attempting to address her concerns based on patristic sources which she felt might be compeling her to re-vert to Catholicism.  He made mention of the Church Fathers and Orthodox teaching, which no doubt is why the whole thread vanished.
OK. I sent her a PM before it was deleted and told her to look somewhere else for balanced views (I did mention this forum Grin). The fact that she was asking such a question on a Roman Catholic forum doesn't bother me—I'm sure this place is just as biased. It's the fact that she's asking a question about Orthodoxy in a place where Orthodox posters are not even permitted defend themselves or their views that made me concerned about the information she would be getting.
Joab Anias

« Reply #654 on: November 25, 2007, 12:09:53 AM »

Its still there, just been split and moved to the apologetics thread.
Paradosis

« Reply #655 on: November 25, 2007, 12:15:42 AM »

I wonder if Ms. Grant is somehow related to Augusto Pinochet...  Grin

I was confused about what happened to my post also.  However, I just noticed that they split the thread into two threads.  The one with the responses to which part of Catholicism the woman would revert to has been placed back on the Eastern Catholicism forum and the one with the responses to the quotes about the Papacy that she mentioned is now in the Apologetics forum.  I suppose that was fair.  Smiley 

God bless,

Adam
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #656 on: November 25, 2007, 12:15:58 AM »

She was asked in her intro thread if she was eastern catholic. She is not. She did go onto talk about chocolate bribes though... laugh Maybe it is all too true? Did any of those that are banned try to bribe her with chocolate? If I get a banishment I will try to appeal with nice dark chocolate. Grin
And during the Fast! (oops! only if you're new calendar, but being Western, of course she is).

Oh! Wait! There are guests viewing this! Maybe she is one of them and will now ban me to get chocolate! Ooops! If I get banned, I will know why. No chocolate=no love at CAF.

Or maybe because she prefers milk chocolate.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 12:18:10 AM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Heracleides
Elder

Kona-Kai

« Reply #657 on: November 25, 2007, 12:17:54 AM »

OK. I sent her a PM before it was deleted and told her to look somewhere else for balanced views (I did mention this forum Grin). The fact that she was asking such a question on a Roman Catholic forum doesn't bother me—I'm sure this place is just as biased. It's the fact that she's asking a question about Orthodoxy in a place where Orthodox posters are not even permitted defend themselves or their views that made me concerned about the information she would be getting.

Ah - the thread is back... sans Adams posts re: Orthodox teaching, which were moved over to the Apologetics forum (still trying to determine if they arrived on the other forum in an original or 'sanitized' form).  Roll Eyes

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #658 on: November 25, 2007, 12:25:22 AM »

Ah - the thread is back... sans Adams posts re: Orthodox teaching, which were moved over to the Apologetics forum (still trying to determine if they arrived on the other forum in an original or 'sanitized' form).  Roll Eyes

Interesting, as the only post I've made there (besides welcoming Obadiah back) was to question why a thread on on the Orthodox Catholic Ravenna conference wasn't on Non-Catholic Religion, and Hesychias, on his return and I think Irish Melkite also, posed a similar question on other threads involving the Orthodox.  Paradoxically Roll Eyes those threads remained on the ECathF, and didn't get moved.

I think I'll pop over to Apologetics and take a looksy. police

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
Paradosis

« Reply #659 on: November 25, 2007, 12:29:15 AM »

It looks like they didn't change anything.  I hope it receives good attention in the Apologetics forum. 
Alexius

Faith: Eastern Catholic

Baptism of Poland

« Reply #660 on: November 25, 2007, 12:54:29 AM »

Gary Kasparov has a new book out: How Life Imitates Chess, Making the right moves from the board to the boardroom. I have a feeling that CAF has made several wrong moves recently.

Yes, but they're not in checkmate yet... Wink

"You cannot reason with those who do not..."

Prayers and Petitions,
                        Alexius Cool
Alexius

Baptism of Poland

« Reply #661 on: November 25, 2007, 12:55:52 AM »

Purged as through fire, no doubt! Cheesy

Prayers and Petitions,
                        Alexius Cool
Stathios

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #662 on: November 25, 2007, 02:41:12 AM »

MODERATION: This post was moved here from another thread.

Hello,

I was a fellow Orthodox on the catholic.com site. There was a forum there that allowed The Orthodox and the Catholics to converse. Of-course this site was set up to try to convert Orthodox to the Roman Church. Unfortunately this failed for the Catholics. Infact more and more people who were cradle Catholics or Protestants were asking questions about Orthodoxy and started to look into Orthodoxy. Some even converted when I was on the forum. This goes to show you THAT WE ARE THE ONE CHURCH, THE TRUE CHURCH.

I also would like to say thank you to my fellow Orthodox Brothers and sisters who helped with the cause.

Stathios
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 02:58:00 AM by ozgeorge » Logged
Alexius

Baptism of Poland

« Reply #663 on: November 25, 2007, 03:41:33 AM »

MODERATION: This post was moved here from another thread.

Hello,

I was a fellow Orthodox on the catholic.com site. There was a forum there that allowed The Orthodox and the Catholics to converse. Of-course this site was set up to try to convert Orthodox to the Roman Church. Unfortunately this failed for the Catholics. Infact more and more people who were cradle Catholics or Protestants were asking questions about Orthodoxy and started to look into Orthodoxy. Some even converted when I was on the forum. This goes to show you THAT WE ARE THE ONE CHURCH, THE TRUE CHURCH.

I also would like to say thank you to my fellow Orthodox Brothers and sisters who helped with the cause.

Stathios

I remember you--thank you for the many great posts!

Well, now that we're all here... Grin

Prayers and Petitions,
                        Alexius Cool
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #664 on: November 25, 2007, 04:02:29 AM »

Oh I'll plead guilty to my sockpuppet - BUT in self defence it was after I had exchanged several PMs with the revered Mod trying to get a thread of unsubstantiated rumours shut down.

Fortunately I had downloaded all my PMs there before they started the banning protest.

HINT - those of you still there - grab your PMs if there is any evidence there

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #665 on: November 25, 2007, 08:36:42 AM »

Just a few days before the E Christianity forum crashed, Joe Monahan had posted a congratulatory note to several participants with a beaming description of the forum as one of the best around.

Hi stanley, long time no see.

Unfortunately, Joe's opinion and a couple of dollars will get you a cup of coffee, but not posting privileges at CAF  Smiley

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #666 on: November 25, 2007, 08:40:25 AM »

If I read her reply correctly, she is canonically Latin, but sounded as if she is involved with/attending a Byzantine parish

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #667 on: November 25, 2007, 08:44:09 AM »

Interesting, as the only post I've made there (besides welcoming Obadiah back) was to question why a thread on on the Orthodox Catholic Ravenna conference wasn't on Non-Catholic Religion, and Hesychias, on his return and I think Irish Melkite also, posed a similar question on other threads involving the Orthodox.  Paradoxically Roll Eyes those threads remained on the ECathF, and didn't get moved.I think I'll pop over to Apologetics and take a looksy. police

I thought for certain that I was going to get axed over that post in which I said that one cannot discuss EC in a vacuum that excluded EO - instead, I got thanked for restating the mission of the new forum with such "eloquence"  Huh  Is that what I did? I actually thought that my post disparaged the new mission statement  Huh

Many years,

Neil

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #668 on: November 25, 2007, 11:07:17 AM »

I thought for certain that I was going to get axed over that post in which I said that one cannot discuss EC in a vacuum that excluded EO - instead, I got thanked for restating the mission of the new forum with such "eloquence"  Huh  Is that what I did? I actually thought that my post disparaged the new mission statement  Huh

Many years,

Neil

Reminds me of a dissident in Romania, when, after being beat up again wrote a personal letter to Ceaucescu in which he stated that the problems he (the dissident) was having was all a misunderstanding and that if Nicolaie and Elena could have dinner together with the dissident and his wife, the whole thing could be sorted out.  He expected to be fired and beat up again. Instead months passed and nothing happened, and then they were issued exit vizas.  It seems that the securitate was so stunned that they didn't know how to handle the letter, so eventually decided to read it as another request to leave and issued the appropriate paperwork.

I've been waiting to see any reaction to my post on ECath forum on Marina's consideration of reversion (her word).  I think it's clear, but I don't think they know what to do with it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 11:09:33 AM by ialmisry » Logged

the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #669 on: November 25, 2007, 01:00:49 PM »

Many years,

Neil

Hi Neil

I was surprised that you didn't do a vanishing stunt after that post - total agreement.

I suppose it's a case of she read what she wanted to read

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Paradosis

« Reply #670 on: November 25, 2007, 08:01:56 PM »

When I visited the "Apologetics" subforum of CAF this evening I noticed that my posts and those of the other Orthodox posters were removed from the thread about a woman considering reversion from Orthodoxy to Catholicism.  The moderator said that these posts were off-topic and that discussion should cease until the OP returned.  In all my time at CAF, I've never witnessed such censorship.  It looks like the ability to defend Holy Orthodoxy is becoming even more difficult on CAF.  Sad

God bless,

Adam
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic

Global Warming Enthusiast.

« Reply #671 on: November 25, 2007, 08:08:01 PM »

When I visited the "Apologetics" subforum of CAF this evening I noticed that my posts and those of the other Orthodox posters were removed from the thread about a woman considering reversion from Orthodoxy to Catholicism.  The moderator said that these posts were off-topic and that discussion should cease until the OP returned.  In all my time at CAF, I've never witnessed such censorship.  It looks like the ability to defend Holy Orthodoxy is becoming even more difficult on CAF.  Sad

God bless,

Adam

My personal feelings is that we as Orthodox should avoid becoming involved in this group while the atmosphere of contempt is enjoying a heyday in polemics.  They enjoy their versions of what Eastern Christianity is and that satisfies them.  Their triumphalism is their banquet feast.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 09:48:44 PM by JoeS » Logged
Joab Anias

« Reply #672 on: November 25, 2007, 11:54:41 PM »

Many years,

Neil

Could it have gone over her head perhaps?

I must say I was humbled by being banned just the same so its all good.

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #673 on: November 26, 2007, 12:45:11 AM »

My personal feelings is that we as Orthodox should avoid becoming involved in this group while the atmosphere of contempt is enjoying a heyday in polemics.  They enjoy their versions of what Eastern Christianity is and that satisfies them.  Their triumphalism is their banquet feast.

Well, we'll see. I just responded at length to a post on the NCR on why the interest in reunion is concentrated on the Orthodox or some such thing.  They may have had to choke on a word or two.

I also got a new signature there "Orthodox in communion with the Pope of Alexandria." Cheesy

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #674 on: November 26, 2007, 09:42:47 AM »

TO ISA...

I see that somone is trying to cause you grief over the use of the U word in the thread "If Catholic & EO unite, who can be Pope?"

You could remind that person that a moderatorial decision was rendered, more than once, that the word and its derivatives are permissible when used correctly.

This message from Heracleides in the link below contain references to two occasions when a member of the CAF Moderatorial staff approved it.

..............Ooops, just deleted the link since it was to another Forum.  Will send it via e-mail.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 09:51:26 AM by Irish Hermit » Logged
Tags: Catholic Answers Forum CAF Reunion CAF 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: