OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 02:07:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: catholic answers forum bars orthodox dicussion  (Read 276716 times) Average Rating: 0
danman916

Faith: Roman Catholic

« Reply #405 on: November 20, 2007, 12:34:33 PM »

I am sorry that I offended you. Looking once again over the post, it does sound a bit polemical (and a bit out of character for me), although that was not my intention...I suppose my emotions were showing.
Oh, it's ok. I guess i just was being reactionary. I have been busy with work so haven't been on the boards much over the past few months, and I was shocked to see what happened last week.

Nevertheless my points stand. No, not all RC regarded themselves as Apologists, but it was an apologetics website,
true enough. There are some very good debaters there, and some that were probably there for cheap shots too.

and there was no shortage of them, whether they would call themselves by that title or not. There were indeed many RC apologists (or polemicists), coming in waves, ready to kick butt and taking names.
It is interesting that you say this. I have found that apologetics seems to be an outlet for something internal to males. It is as if apologetics is the battlefield, and they are out to conquer and defeat their foe. I saw a bit of this in myself a few years ago, I must say, and I didn't like it. Apologetics is fine, but it seems to be turned into a blood sport lately. I go to many discussion boards, and it's the same all the way around. It's probably just a result of so many people connected on the web.

But they were often unprepared for Orthodoxy...they were accustomed to debating Protestants.
I can see that because of my own background.

I think Roman Catholic apologetics benefitted considerably by the presence of the Orthodox there.
In general, I agree. I know I learned a lot from reading the posts of the many solid Orthodox posters there about what Orthodoxy believes.

BTW, Do you remember that discussion you and I had over the "Letter of Clement to James"?
Yes, I do, and I still have the PM to the administrators about it. I saw it yesterday, as I was deleting old PM's on my account. They never addressed it, nor did they respond back. How frustrating. Shouldn't we all be pursuing the truth even if it causes us to take a new perspective? I certainly think so.

If I regret anything about that post early in this thread, it is that I neglected to mention all the fine people I had the pleasure of dealing with on and off for years. Roman Catholic and Orthodox alike.
Oh, It's ok. I'm sorry I jumped on you yesterday. I was acting out of emotion. But it is a shame that so many are gone there now, because the board will suffer from the loss.

God Bless

paradoxy
Married Hermit

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox

"Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds."

« Reply #406 on: November 20, 2007, 03:56:40 PM »

Danman916,

I'm glad you found your way here. I hope you'll join in on the RC/EO discussion here!  Smiley

In Christ,
Danica

And when He knew for certain
Only drowning men could see Him
He said "All men will be sailors then
Until the sea shall free them"

Leonard Cohen
danman916

Faith: Roman Catholic

« Reply #407 on: November 20, 2007, 04:28:48 PM »

Why, thank you Danica!
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #408 on: November 20, 2007, 04:34:48 PM »

Danman916,

I'm glad you found your way here. I hope you'll join in on the RC/EO discussion here!  Smiley
wynd
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

Transfiguration

« Reply #409 on: November 20, 2007, 08:57:34 PM »

For those who were not banned, do any of you still go to CAF? I've seen an increase in questions about Orthodoxy in the NCR section and I was wondering if there was even anyone around to answer them.
Athanasios
Latin Rite Catholic faithful to the Holy Father and the Magisterium
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin Church Diocese of Youngstown

The Divine Mercy

« Reply #410 on: November 20, 2007, 09:02:49 PM »

Hello,

For those who were not banned, do any of you still go to CAF? I've seen an increase in questions about Orthodoxy in the NCR section and I was wondering if there was even anyone around to answer them.
Yes, quite a bit. In fact, I'm logged on to both here and there at the same time. But I don't really do any Catholic/Orthodox threads. They're too hard to find, and given where they are located, they are probably infested with Protestants and Muslims, among others.

I am doing quite a bit of posting in regards to Sacred Music right now.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:03:21 PM by Athanasios » Logged

Through the intercession of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, may Jesus Christ bless you abundantly.

Pray that we may be one, as Christ and His Father are one. (John 17:20ff)

A.K.A. - JMJ_coder
brittrossiter

Faith: Orthodox Christian

jasonrossiter
« Reply #411 on: November 20, 2007, 09:15:35 PM »

I'm not banned (yet).  I still visit periodically, but far less frequently than I used to, and I haven't posted there in ages.

I know ForeverAdam is still doing a fantastic job over there asserting the Orthodox position.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #412 on: November 20, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »

Today I have been locked out of CAF.

This is what now pops up when I try to access it.

This change will be lifted: Never

I have not contributed even one message to CAF since the Great Change which was two weeks ago. 

So asserting that "Excess mod/admin resources required to monitor acct." is simply , well, impossible to understand.  It seems a manufactured reason to get rid of me - and after TWO weeks!!  I am at a loss for words!

I've logged out of the site which now enables me to view it as a Guest.  And I see that my name still features there as a "Senior Member."  There is nothing to indicate that I have been locked out forever.

See my last post
http://forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=2936265&postcount=123

Fr Ambrose

Athanasios
Latin Rite Catholic faithful to the Holy Father and the Magisterium
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin Church Diocese of Youngstown

The Divine Mercy

« Reply #413 on: November 20, 2007, 10:14:31 PM »

Hello,

That's not cool. Did they give you a reason for this?

Through the intercession of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, may Jesus Christ bless you abundantly.

Pray that we may be one, as Christ and His Father are one. (John 17:20ff)

A.K.A. - JMJ_coder
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #414 on: November 20, 2007, 10:28:20 PM »

Hello,

Only whatever he posted up there.

Sad.  I wouldn't want to stay in a repressive environment, anyway (and I gather that you agree, considering you haven't posted there in quite a while).

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
maqhth

Jurisdiction: Antioch

"Be not troubling of you the heart..."

« Reply #415 on: November 20, 2007, 10:44:47 PM »

Hello,

I got locked out for the same "reason"...

It is all part and parcel of the ongoing meltdown of the CAF...

"Concealed Lockout" is now the "Answer" at Catholic "Answers" Forum...

Arsenios
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 10:51:00 PM by maqhth » Logged

Reader Arsenios

Watch what you do...
You may be the only Bible...
That some will ever read...
maqhth

Jurisdiction: Antioch

"Be not troubling of you the heart..."

« Reply #416 on: November 20, 2007, 10:49:53 PM »

I have not contributed even one message to CAF since the Great Change which was two weeks ago. 

So asserting that "Excess mod/admin resources required to monitor acct." is simply , well, impossible to understand.  It seems a manufactured reason to get rid of me - and after TWO weeks!!  I am at a loss for words!

I've logged out of the site which now enables me to view it as a Guest.  And I see that my name still features there as a "Senior Member."  There is nothing to indicate that I have been locked out forever.

See my last post

Fr Ambrose

Father Ambrose, I am sorry it did indeed finally come to you too...

And you, like the rest of us, are still listed as active and senior posters, as CAF continues its shameful cover-up of its shameful deeds...

Do you think they are now reading your PM's??

Arsenios

Reader Arsenios

Watch what you do...
You may be the only Bible...
That some will ever read...
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #417 on: November 20, 2007, 11:02:23 PM »

Hello,
Yes, I now have an e-mail from Therese Martin who is the Super Moderator.  She says that CAF does not have the resources to monitor my posts and so she has made a decision to lock me out.

Considering that I have not sent one message for the last two weeks I have to wonder if their resources are now minimal.  Sad

brittrossiter

jasonrossiter
« Reply #418 on: November 20, 2007, 11:11:37 PM »

Father Ambrose, I am sorry it did indeed finally come to you too...

And you, like the rest of us, are still listed as active and senior posters, as CAF continues its shameful cover-up of its shameful deeds...

Do you think they are now reading your PM's??

Arsenios

That would sadden me, but it wouldn't surprise me, and would be consistent with the mods' other recent actions.  It might also explain the two week lag between Father's last post and his ticket getting yanked. 

I do note that there is nothing posted in the CAF TOS (at least nothing that I've been able to find) that discloses that CAF can/will/intends to read users' private messages.   If they've reserved that right for themselves, then it's buried deeply somewhere in the boilerplate. 

ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #419 on: November 20, 2007, 11:12:15 PM »

What bothers me the most about this is the "locking out" of people by CAF.
Even the Innkeeper who had "no room at the inn" offered the Holy Family the stable with the animals.
Rather than lock people out, couldn't CAF simply restrict Orthodox posters to the "stable" (i.e., the forum "Non-Catholic Religions")?

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #420 on: November 20, 2007, 11:37:46 PM »

...Not everyone bashes Catholics here - but y'all are in the minority, for sure.  Again, it is natural for some of the former CAF folks to be more critical than they would normally be, considering the circumstances of their departure. ...

The word is "expulsion."  Or is it "purge?"

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #421 on: November 20, 2007, 11:47:23 PM »

I go from time to time.  I won't post on the ECath forum, but as I stated above, I made a recent exception.

Btw, some have asked me if I avoided the forum because of my recent moderation.  No, I've just come back from a convention: the post was right before I left.  (The convention gave me a chance to enjoy Veniamin and TinaC's home parish hospitality. Btw, if you have the chance to go to San Antonio, take it.  Remember the Alamo!).  It's just been a lack of time and opportunity recently to post.

I post sometimes in the NCR, but it wastes a lot of time to find interesting threads, so I spend it more profitably here.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #422 on: November 20, 2007, 11:49:47 PM »

What bothers me the most about this is the "locking out" of people by CAF.
I am bothered by the fact that those who know of my expulsion, the Catholics and Orthodox who read of it here, will not dare to mention it on CAF.  I have been friends with many of them for 3 years on CAF but the fear of being locked out themselves will prevent their mentioning what has happened to me.
Young Believer

Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #423 on: November 21, 2007, 12:22:33 AM »

Dear friends in Christ,

This is Adrian, who posts under The Augustinian.  I am dismayed to hear that my fellow Orthodox have been treated in such a harsh way.  I almost feel like getting myself banned as well for solidarity's sake.  Perhaps I'll post my letter to the archbishop renouncing my Roman Catholic errors.   Wink
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #424 on: November 21, 2007, 12:23:05 AM »

If they are monitoring PM's I am in trouble.  Undecided There was a man on there that asked me SPECIFICALLY to give him more information about Eastern Orthodoxy. I didn't give him info on the thread in which he asked for it. But I did PM him a link to this site. I told him I know enough to really love EO but not enough to answer his questions, and directed him here.

I would be glad to go down in flames of glory for you Father Ambrose.  laugh I can mention it if you like. Although of all the posters on there I rarely ever had anyone pay any attention to me, so it is quite possible they won't even notice. Roll Eyes
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #425 on: November 21, 2007, 12:55:22 AM »

I would be glad to go down in flames of glory for you Father Ambrose.  laugh I can mention it if you like.

Much appreciated but you are more valuable on CAF, correcting some of the many mistaken ideas about Orthodoxy and giving them a better view of us.
Papa Gregorio

Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate

St. Gregory the Great, Pope of Old Rome

« Reply #426 on: November 21, 2007, 01:01:27 AM »

Perhaps we might now all be convinced that this latest episode in the litany of shameful and draconian crackdowns most probably amounts to a concerted effort to snuff out Orthodox criticism of Roman Catholicism on the CAF.

A grand shame on CA.    
Alexius

Faith: Eastern Catholic

Baptism of Poland

« Reply #427 on: November 21, 2007, 01:17:43 AM »

Not nearly as much...

"You cannot reason with those who do not..."

Prayers and Petitions,
                        Alexius Cool
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #428 on: November 21, 2007, 01:45:18 AM »

I am bothered by the fact that those who know of my expulsion, the Catholics and Orthodox who read of it here, will not dare to mention it on CAF.  I have been friends with many of them for 3 years on CAF but the fear of being locked out themselves will prevent their mentioning what has happened to me.

Father Ambrose ;on Byzantine catholic forum ,i mentioned you and all the other orthodox posters being banned ,,hope you don't mind ....stashko  ... there im sighed in as stanislav....Blagoslovi Oche  ...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 01:47:10 AM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Alexius

Faith: Eastern Catholic

Baptism of Poland

« Reply #429 on: November 21, 2007, 01:55:02 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm sure they didn't mean to offend you or anyone else; perhaps they were banned, too Wink--I have mentioned my disappointment to them several times, though, but I don't think they are going to change their minds...many of us on CAF have, in fact, expressed our opinions to them several times and seem to keep getting the same answers...Sad
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 01:58:11 AM by Alexius » Logged

"You cannot reason with those who do not..."

Prayers and Petitions,
                        Alexius Cool
Paradosis

« Reply #430 on: November 21, 2007, 02:36:39 AM »

See my last post

Fr Ambrose

I'm sorry to hear about this, Father.  After finding this out, I hardly have the desire to even visit CAF anymore.   
Apotheoun
"Three realities pertain to God: essence, energy, and the triad of divine hypostaseis." St. Gregory Palamas
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Melkite Catholic

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #431 on: November 21, 2007, 06:11:38 AM »

Yes, I now have an e-mail from Therese Martin who is the Super Moderator.  She says that CAF does not have the resources to monitor my posts and so she has made a decision to lock me out.

Considering that I have not sent one message for the last two weeks I have to wonder if their resources are now minimal.  Sad
Sorry to hear about your expulsion from CAF, but you are not missing much, because the new Eastern Catholicism forum is not all that interesting.  In fact, the new forum seems to be designed in order to block out the Eastern Orthodox posters completely, while simultaneously controlling the Eastern Catholics.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 06:15:46 AM by Apotheoun » Logged

"All that the Father has belongs likewise to the Son, except Causality."
St. Gregory Nazianzen

"We should believe that divine grace is present in the icon of Christ and that it communicates sanctification to those who draw near with faith."
St. Theodore Studite
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #432 on: November 21, 2007, 06:54:59 AM »

I've been posting in the EC forum, significantly more than I have in the past year - chiefly to try and provide accurate answers to queries, since the place is essentially bereft of knowledgeable ECs and EOs at present, other than Anhelyna/wannabe and Michael/Hesychios - who have been contributing sporadically, and Woodstock - who has been posting a bit more frequently, and a couple of posts by Rony/ronyodish. I saw a single post by Al/a pilgrim, but I know that his work/travel schedule prevents him from contributing very often. I've seen no sign of Marduk/mardukm or Ghosty. As to the EO threads in the Non-Catholic Religions forum, they are few and far between and require a lot of hunting.

I haven't spent much time there these last two days because the Churches/Rites thread that George asked if I'd create has been occupying a lot of my time (chiefly because of the time required for formatting - I had the text exc for the need to do a few updates). I'd have cut and pasted some of it from my version that Joe made into a Reference Thread at CAF (formatting was essentially the same as here, as opposed to the copy at ByzCath, which differed somewhat in coding), but I see that Joe's Reference Thread collection has disappeared in its entirety. [Before I give the Admins or Mods here any heartburn about copyright issues, the text - which I've posted most everywhere on the web at one time or another - I know there's an old copy here somewhere from the days when Dustin, Phil, and Robert were essentially the entire admin/mod group - is never identical. With each posting, I've edited, deleted, updated, modified. I suspect Michael can verify that, he's probably read every version there is or ever has been  Grin ]

Bless Father,

I cannot believe that your keyboard has finally proven too much for CAF's resources  Shocked  to handle - Joe always managed quite well, as I recollect.

Many years,

Neil
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 07:17:02 AM by Irish Melkite » Logged

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #433 on: November 21, 2007, 07:30:07 AM »

Unbelievable people over there. Sure, I was "banned". Never being comfortable over there, anyway, it's no big deal. I made one post there to test what was being described here. But the gall of those folks to keep spamming my email (no matter that I've unsubscribed and they they've disappeared me) is astounding.

Guess they don't read the "Reason for de-subscription".

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
paradoxy
Married Hermit

« Reply #434 on: November 21, 2007, 08:14:18 AM »

Dear Fr Ambrose, bless,

I must admit I've only heard rumors until I read today in your post here that they locked you out. I don't like spreading rumors, but now that I know this to be a fact, and not being able to do anything worthwhile myself on CAF owing to my ignorance (I try at times...), I'm going to post this on both EC and NCR boards. I'll include a link to your post here, unless you tell me you'd mind that in the next 24hrs or so (I'm not sure about those time differences between Serbia and New Zealand). 

In Christ,
Danica in Serbia

Leonard Cohen
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #435 on: November 21, 2007, 08:18:48 AM »

Dear Fr Ambrose, bless,

I must admit I've only heard rumors until I read today in your post here that they locked you out. I don't like spreading rumors, but now that I know this to be a fact, and not being able to do anything worthwhile myself on CAF owing to my ignorance (I try at times...), I'm going to post this on both EC and NCR boards. I'll include a link to your post here, unless you tell me you'd mind that in the next 24hrs or so (I'm not sure about those time differences between Serbia and New Zealand). 

In Christ,
Danica in Serbia

Danica,

Just be aware that the post will only last until it's noticed - it and your membership will disappear simultaneously.

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
paradoxy
Married Hermit

« Reply #436 on: November 21, 2007, 08:42:42 AM »

Danica,

Just be aware that the post will only last until it's noticed - it and your membership will disappear simultaneously.

Many years,

Neil

Of course I'm aware of that, but thank you  Smiley - I plan on starting eye-catching threads in at least 2-3 boards simultaneously.  Wink

Do you know what the best time for that would be (as in: members active, moderators sleeping  Grin)? I'm in the GMT+1 time zone.

Thank you!

In Christ,
Danica

Leonard Cohen
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #437 on: November 21, 2007, 09:06:54 AM »

Dear Fr Ambrose, bless,

In Christ,
Danica in Serbia
Danica, draga sestra, neka Bog te blagoslovi za ovaj predlog ali...

You are probably a better witness to holy Orthodoxy by staying there and helping to present a good and accurate picture of our faith.

Time difference.  New Zealand is on summer time right now.  We are exactly 12 hours ahead of you in Serbia.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 09:13:17 AM by Irish Hermit » Logged
paradoxy
Married Hermit

« Reply #438 on: November 21, 2007, 09:21:25 AM »

Danica, draga sestra, neka Bog te blagoslovi za ovaj predlog ali...

You are probably a better witness to holy Orthodoxy by staying there and helping to present a good and accurate picture of our faith.

Dear Father, bless,

Respectfully, I disagree. I have little to offer and Forever Adam is doing a great job there now - he's very balanced, charitable, and informed. I'm just a young woman who's into literature and all I've ever said on CAF was how some things about Orthodoxy have made me personally FEEL...  Roll Eyes not very helpful. Besides, I'm sorta partial to Catholics and can't bring myself to tell them there might be something wrong about the RCC... even when I believe it  Undecided

So, I'll just take it you have nothing against me sending a link to your post here in the posts I plan on sending (it's public anyway, I just wanted to make sure and now I'm sure)!

In Christ,
Danica

Leonard Cohen
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #439 on: November 21, 2007, 09:44:12 AM »

Dear Father, bless,

Respectfully, I disagree. I have little to offer and Forever Adam is doing a great job there now - he's very balanced, charitable, and informed. I'm just a young woman who's into literature and all I've ever said on CAF was how some things about Orthodoxy have made me personally FEEL...  Roll Eyes not very helpful. Besides, I'm sorta partial to Catholics and can't bring myself to tell them there might be something wrong about the RCC... even when I believe it  Undecided

So, I'll just take it you have nothing against me sending a link to your post here in the posts I plan on sending (it's public anyway, I just wanted to make sure and now I'm sure)!

In Christ,
Danica

I know you will think that I should be wearing a tinfoil hat for saying this, but isn't is possible that Fr. Ambrose was locked out of CAF, not because of something he wrote there, but for what he has been saying here? The moderators of CAF could be reading this thread and locking people out because of what they say here, in which case, this post of yours has just removed any element of surprise.

paradoxy
Married Hermit

« Reply #440 on: November 21, 2007, 09:45:10 AM »

I just sent the info on Fr Ambrose's secret ban, quoting his post here and providing a link to it. Hopefully it will remain on CAF (Apologetics, Eastern Catholicism and Non-Catholic Religions boards) long enough to make at least some people think.

I'm hoping the ban I'll get will give me more free time to devote to my studies.  Grin

In Christ,
Danica

Leonard Cohen
paradoxy
Married Hermit

« Reply #441 on: November 21, 2007, 09:48:06 AM »

I know you will think that I should be wearing a tinfoil hat for saying this, but isn't is possible that Fr. Ambrose was locked out of CAF, not because of something he wrote there, but for what he has been saying here? The moderators of CAF could be reading this thread and locking people out because of what they say here, in which case, this post of yours has just removed any element of surprise.

Even if that is the case, they had about 5 minutes of advance warning  Grin

Leonard Cohen
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #442 on: November 21, 2007, 09:59:36 AM »

I'll be interested to see what happens!

paradoxy
Married Hermit

« Reply #443 on: November 21, 2007, 10:04:21 AM »

Here's a link to one of the threads:

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=200230

I hope I don't have to follow rules on providing descriptions when posting a link - we all know what this one's about  Wink

Leonard Cohen
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #444 on: November 21, 2007, 10:11:32 AM »

Even if that is the case, they had about 5 minutes of advance warning  Grin
Well, I really really really need to lie down for a rest but you've made the night so exciting that I'll stay up a bit longer and see what develops.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #445 on: November 21, 2007, 10:22:02 AM »

Bravo paradoxy!
"Oh I'm just a young woman who's into literature..."
Yeah, and Joan of Arc was "just a peasant girl"! Cheesy

paradoxy
Married Hermit

« Reply #446 on: November 21, 2007, 10:30:39 AM »

Well, I really really really need to lie down for a rest but you've made the night so exciting that I'll stay up a bit longer and see what develops.

Sorry, Father! I should've done it when you're rested.  Wink

Leonard Cohen
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #447 on: November 21, 2007, 10:34:06 AM »

Guess what? They just removed the thread.
Didn't see that one coming.... Cheesy

paradoxy
Married Hermit

« Reply #448 on: November 21, 2007, 10:45:09 AM »

Guess what? They just removed the thread.
Didn't see that one coming.... Cheesy

It was there for a full hour - that's something!  Wink

And there have been quite a few guests on this thread since!  Smiley

Leonard Cohen
paradoxy
Married Hermit

« Reply #449 on: November 21, 2007, 10:49:35 AM »

There's a reaction to the missing thread:

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=2994699#post2994699

Leonard Cohen
Tags: Catholic Answers Forum CAF Reunion CAF 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: