OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 11:01:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: catholic answers forum bars orthodox dicussion  (Read 267418 times) Average Rating: 0
Jimmy
Maronite

Faith: Maronite Catholic

« Reply #270 on: November 13, 2007, 11:58:04 PM »

Sorry Jimmy. My apologies. I sort of misused my moderator magic. Won't happen again. But I do like to keep our SW PA contingent growing.

I am not offended or anything, just a little surprised.  When someone knows something about you that you haven't revealed to them it is a bit surprising.  It is interesting.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:08:03 AM by Jimmy » Logged
wynd
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

Transfiguration

« Reply #271 on: November 14, 2007, 12:04:39 AM »

Not only did they drop the 'Eastern Forum but they banned for life many of the regular Orthodox posters and they took off the archieve the many years of discussions from that forum. The long time RC moderator of the Board has suddenly "retired"... It was a real live rootin tooten Monday Night Massacre...Shame on them !
Marc,

Many of the threads are still available in the Google cache. The catch is, you need to know the titles of the threads to search for them.
Alexius

Faith: Eastern Catholic

Baptism of Poland

« Reply #272 on: November 14, 2007, 02:57:59 AM »

Sorry Jimmy. My apologies. I sort of misused my moderator magic. Won't happen again. But I do like to keep our SW PA contingent growing.

How about SE PA?

"You cannot reason with those who do not..."

Prayers and Petitions,
                        Alexius Cool
Alexius

Baptism of Poland

« Reply #273 on: November 14, 2007, 03:00:53 AM »

Marc,

Many of the threads are still available in the Google cache. The catch is, you need to know the titles of the threads to search for them.

Looks like they didn't bury it deep enough...Grin
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 03:01:38 AM by Alexius » Logged

Prayers and Petitions,
                        Alexius Cool
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #274 on: November 14, 2007, 04:40:09 AM »

Are we congregated in Chicago?  I seemed to notice a number of posters from here (and Australia/New Zealand).

Isa,

Over the years, here, at ByzCath, and at CAF's old EC Forum as well, there was a contingent of Chicagoans of varying ecclesia - Michael/Hesychios, Al/a pilgrim, Carson/Gregory Palamas, Amado/Amadeus, Matthew/Matthew P, all come to mind immediately (and I know that I'm missing at least a couple). I have a long-standing love affair with the Windy City and, not infrequently, Michael, Al, and I in particular have speculated about my hopes to revisit there some day and have the blessing of actually meeting and embracing. And, if it ever comes to pass, you're invited.

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #275 on: November 14, 2007, 04:44:43 AM »

Is that "he's retired" or "he has been "retired""?

George,

To answer your question, I happen to know for a fact that Joe, who himself is an Eastern Catholic (Melkite), "has been retired"

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2007, 04:52:06 AM »

To answer your question, I happen to know for a fact that Joe, who himself is an Eastern Catholic (Melkite), "has been retired"

Well, you should invite him to join the reunion party!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Apotheoun
"Three realities pertain to God: essence, energy, and the triad of divine hypostaseis." St. Gregory Palamas
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Melkite Catholic

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #277 on: November 14, 2007, 05:00:31 AM »

That's sad.  I always found him to be fair to all those who posted.

"All that the Father has belongs likewise to the Son, except Causality."
St. Gregory Nazianzen

"We should believe that divine grace is present in the icon of Christ and that it communicates sanctification to those who draw near with faith."
St. Theodore Studite
Apotheoun
"Three realities pertain to God: essence, energy, and the triad of divine hypostaseis." St. Gregory Palamas
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Melkite Catholic

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #278 on: November 14, 2007, 05:03:50 AM »

Marc,

I don't remember any of the thread titles that I participated in, but I know that I usually posted on issues surrounding "grace" (i.e., divine energy) and the "filioque."

"All that the Father has belongs likewise to the Son, except Causality."
St. Gregory Nazianzen

"We should believe that divine grace is present in the icon of Christ and that it communicates sanctification to those who draw near with faith."
St. Theodore Studite
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #279 on: November 14, 2007, 05:24:18 AM »

Bshayna  Smiley

I'm not sure how to add to this forum the Syriac script.  How did you import it to this forum?

God bless,

Rony

Easy, my favorite way.

I cheated.

Went to www.biblos.com, got a verse with the vocab (or letters) from the Pshitta, cut, paste, post, voila!

I notice here, though, that in a lot of posts etc. here I get gibberish (%&* etc), so I don't know why the script is not picking up there, especially from the context I gather they are quoting Greek.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #280 on: November 14, 2007, 05:42:33 AM »

I notice here, though, that in a lot of posts etc. here I get gibberish (%&* etc), so I don't know why the script is not picking up there, especially from the context I gather they are quoting Greek.
I know the reason, but I refuse to answer in this thread. Wink
Read: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13287.msg184484.html#msg184484

wynd
High Elder

Transfiguration

« Reply #281 on: November 14, 2007, 10:03:11 AM »

Over the years, here, at ByzCath, and at CAF's old EC Forum as well, there was a contingent of Chicagoans of varying ecclesia - Michael/Hesychios, Al/a pilgrim, Carson/Gregory Palamas, Amado/Amadeus, Matthew/Matthew P, all come to mind immediately (and I know that I'm missing at least a couple).
I'm from there too. Can you remember anyone else?
Ziggernaut
Curmudgeon Extraordinaire

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #282 on: November 14, 2007, 12:28:13 PM »

I'm from there too. Can you remember anyone else?

I was born in Aurora, Ill.  Does that count  Grin?  But that was ages and ages and ages........and ages ago.  Now I'm behind the iron curtain in the People's Republic of Maryland.  Must've done something wrong, eh?  Am I the only person from there here? 

Many blessings,
Jeff

"Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it."  Augustine of Hippo
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2007, 12:29:26 PM »

From where, Ill or Md?

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2007, 12:32:55 PM »

From where, Ill or Md?

Methinks he means from Maryland.  Where's the member map when you need it - who is from MD?  Shultz comes to mind (am I wrong?)...

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2007, 12:38:14 PM »

Ebor, Keble

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
wynd
High Elder

Transfiguration

« Reply #286 on: November 14, 2007, 01:25:08 PM »

I was born in Aurora, Ill.  Does that count  Grin?  But that was ages and ages and ages........and ages ago.  Now I'm behind the iron curtain in the People's Republic of Maryland.  Must've done something wrong, eh?  Am I the only person from there here? 

Many blessings,
Jeff
Interesting. I'm from Joliet/Plainfield.
Ziggernaut

« Reply #287 on: November 14, 2007, 01:39:07 PM »

From where, Ill or Md?

Interesting use of abbreviations  Wink.  I'm from ill Md. (now, that is.)

"Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it."  Augustine of Hippo
ronyodish

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Chaldean Catholic Church of the East

« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2007, 01:41:06 PM »

Easy, my favorite way.

I cheated.

Went to www.biblos.com, got a verse with the vocab (or letters) from the Pshitta, cut, paste, post, voila!

Sneaky, but cool  Grin

God bless,

Rony
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

« Reply #289 on: November 14, 2007, 01:52:21 PM »

Interesting use of abbreviations  Wink.  I'm from ill Md. (now, that is.)

Just following the previous posts' abbreviations which, BTW, were at one time proper (probably before you were born and certainly before zipcodes.)  Wink

maqhth

Jurisdiction: Antioch

"Be not troubling of you the heart..."

« Reply #290 on: November 14, 2007, 01:53:23 PM »

I was just wondering if it would be acceptable if Eastern Orthodox  converts to Catholicism started setting up threads here celebrating their new found communion with Rome? The opposite was happening at the CAF.

All you need to do to find out is to round up a few of these converts and start some of the threads and see what happens...

Now of course, THAT course of action would IMPLY that you were sincere in your asking with wonder...

My suspection, however, is that your wonder was but a pot shot from a spider hole...

Please prove me wrong and start a thread with those converts here!

Arsenios

Reader Arsenios

Watch what you do...
You may be the only Bible...
That some will ever read...
maqhth

« Reply #291 on: November 14, 2007, 02:09:28 PM »

The fact that it was allowed on a Catholic forum in the first place was completely unacceptable.

Then your complaint is not with those who converted in peace and joy, but with those Roman Catholics on CAF who failed to repress their posts...

Nor is your complaint appropriately received by the EO posters who responded to the announcements with great joy, but with those Roman Catholics on the CAF who failed to repress their joyous responses...

Your complaint seems to be that the Roman Catholics on CAF failed to be REPRESSIVE ENOUGH for your intended purposes for that board!

Have I got this right?  So that you approve, with great joy and inner peace, the repressive measures now being taken?

Lord have Mercy!

Please tell me I am wrong!

Arsenios

Reader Arsenios

Watch what you do...
maqhth

« Reply #292 on: November 14, 2007, 02:18:38 PM »

I got this rather strange email just now. I have also printed my reply below:

Dear Mark,
     As an RC priest who for some time has been looking wistfully
Eastwards I would very much like to view some of those pieces wherein
Orthodox defenders of the Faith apparently caused these RC crusaders to
throw down their shields and flee the field of battle. About twenty
years ago I had a somewhat similar experience with their leader both by
mail and in person where I found this individual does not like questions
that go beyond the usual questions asked him by quasi-illiterate
fundamentalists. Also, he has for the last seven or eight years on his
staff, a most intelligent and well-read individual who I suspect does
quite a bit of writing for his publication, but because of the fact that
as a con-man he has hurt so many people here in the Carolinas as well as
in California (and I suspect elsewhere) that he does not dare use his
own name. Were the articles dealing with Orthodoxy signed?
     I would very much appreciate if you could xerox all pages of this
forum that you have. I do not have a computer and WebTV is limited in
what it is able to reproduce. So you could help this priest who is very
close to entering Orthodoxy by mailing me whatever material from that
forum that you have. I will of course send you a check for whatever it
costs you.
     Thank you and God bless,
      Name deleted at present, pending future decision
(((( I have deleted the snail mail address)))))
-----------------------------------------------------------
Father,

Not only did they drop the 'Eastern Forum but they banned for life many of the regular Orthodox posters and they took off the archieve the many years of discussions from that forum. The long time RC moderator of the Board has suddenly "retired"... It was a real live rootin tooten Monday Night Massacre...Shame on them !

I would suggest that you go over to OrthodoxCrhistianity.net   http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php   

There is a  thread there where most all of the Orthodox folks from old forum have gone to discuss what happened and to make that site their new home. A few of the RCC folks are beginning to migrate over as well to continue talking about the issues. One guys said he felt like he is in a displaced persons camp Smiley

Some folks had saved a few of the threads on their computers so you can ask to read what is available. There are some really excellent Orthodox posters there that can be of service to you and answer your questions I am sure.

Marc

I have temporarily deleted the name of the author of this e-mail until it can be shown that the e-mail's author has given permission to have his identity disclosed on the Internet.

This post will be returned to its orginal state once this proof has been disclosed.

+Fr Chris

Mark -

This e-mail fails the sniff test - It stinks to high heaven...  The "RC Priest about to convert to Orthodoxy" smell like bait, so as to gather without effort the material requested, and place it in the hands of who knows what kind of witch-hunt...  The mention of a con-man is itself utterly out of place, and the obsequiousness of the whole thing is dauntingly mal-aeromatic...

I do not trust it for a New York second! 

It is WAY too underhanded and sleazy in its manner of presenting itself...

And of course, I could be wrong!

Arsenios

Reader Arsenios

Watch what you do...
Alexius

Baptism of Poland

« Reply #293 on: November 14, 2007, 02:23:10 PM »

Mark -

This e-mail fails the sniff test - It stinks to high heaven...  The "RC Priest about to convert to Orthodoxy" smell like bait, so as to gather without effort the material requested, and place it in the hands of who knows what kind of witch-hunt...  The mention of a con-man is itself utterly out of place, and the obsequiousness of the whole thing is dauntingly mal-aeromatic...

Arsenios

I tend to agree with you. My first thought was that there is something very fishy about this...

Prayers and Petitions,
                        Alexius Cool
Ziggernaut

« Reply #294 on: November 14, 2007, 02:25:27 PM »

Just following the previous posts' abbreviations which, BTW, were at one time proper (probably before you were born and certainly before zipcodes.)  Wink

I think I was born pre-zip code.   Yikes! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Now that I think (ouch!) about it, I'm almost sure.  But that was so long ago, I barely remember. Grin

God bless,
Jeff

Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #295 on: November 14, 2007, 04:40:45 PM »

You got this 'unsolicited?

Yes. Weird huh?

He obviously read my account of what happened on the Catholic Answers forum on the converts list that I susbscribe to since he sent this email to the address associated with that list. 

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #296 on: November 14, 2007, 04:51:41 PM »

Mark -

Arsenios

I agree. Someone is trying bait me. It wasnt even well written.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Ziggernaut

« Reply #297 on: November 14, 2007, 06:09:13 PM »

I agree. Someone is trying bait me. It wasnt even well written.

Yup, sure smells like fish to me, too.  He said he doesn't have a computer, but has email.  Ok, so he goes to the library?  I'm showing my age (pre-zip code) and ignorance, but what is Webtv, and can you have that without a computer?

Blessings,
Jeff

Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #298 on: November 14, 2007, 06:22:50 PM »

Webtv is internet thru you telivision. It is actually MARKETED to the AARP crowd Grin
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

« Reply #299 on: November 14, 2007, 06:23:37 PM »

WebTV - a 1995-1996 "internet appliance" (eventually bought by M$) allowing access to the WWW and limited email capability through a TV set top box (ISP needed). Not a computer. Original cost around $200 - a decent PC then was about $2500.

prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #300 on: November 14, 2007, 08:29:17 PM »

Hello everyone. I haven't read right through this thread but just wanted to add my welcome to the CAF refugees (even though I haven't been active here for ages). I will also note that while Fr Ambrose is registered here, he hasn't been active for well over a year, so those who need their fix of Ambrosia will probably need to seek him out elsewhere Smiley
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

« Reply #301 on: November 14, 2007, 08:45:14 PM »

Hey, prodomos, long time no "see"! Nice you stopped in.  Smiley

wynd
High Elder

Transfiguration

« Reply #302 on: November 14, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »

Hello everyone. I haven't read right through this thread but just wanted to add my welcome to the CAF refugees (even though I haven't been active here for ages). I will also note that while Fr Ambrose is registered here, he hasn't been active for well over a year, so those who need their fix of Ambrosia will probably need to seek him out elsewhere Smiley
So where (if anywhere) else do you two hang out?
prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #303 on: November 14, 2007, 10:57:47 PM »

So where (if anywhere) else do you two hang out?
I'm hoping Neil (Irish Melkite) might remember another forum Fr Ambrose spent some time at. I remember Fr Ambrose mentioning another forum but can't for the life of me remember which one.
prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #304 on: November 14, 2007, 10:59:17 PM »

Hey, prodomos, long time no "see"! Nice you stopped in.  Smiley
I have been a stranger for a while, haven't I
BigFatGreekDaddy
Holy Unmerceneries Pray for us

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #305 on: November 15, 2007, 03:56:49 AM »

I want to second wynd's impression. Your postings, Apotheoun, were so edifying to me.

Many, many so informative posts - not only from the Orthodox posters headed by Fr Ambrose, Isa Almisry, Heracliades, Hesychios, Orthodoc, Reader Arsenios, StMarkofE, Montalban, ICXC NIKA, but also of RC and U-(forbidden - I'm really puzzled why) - Apotheoun being the first "among equals", Ghosty, Mardukm, Catholig, and many, many others.

A real treasury deleted!

Why? These posts were not showing only the Orthodox "upper hand"! For Christ sake, I got not only better understanding of our differencies there, but better appreciation, for instance, of Thomas Aquinas, who is now more acceptable to me in religious terms than he used to be! (Reader Arsenios and Ghosty should be credited for that specific topic.) And so many quotations and links in context about so many issues. A treasury!

Occasional fire was mostly the consequence of misperception, ignorance of otherone's attitude and priorities and quite rarely of ill intentions, at least that's my impression.

My account hasn't been suspended there, but it was requested I change password. I wanted to check PM there - what's the point of writing for a trash can?

There is no better learning method than reading polemics, and participating in them. And so many fine reasonings - all deleted. I'm so sad.

But I'm glad I see all and each one of present CAF posters here.

I am humbled that I was even remembered and mentioned on this thread!!

I was rather upset about the nuclear explosion at CAF.
I was present for well over a year before I even started posting at that forum.

I originally started looking online for RC v. Ortho material when a good friend of mine became a born again Catholic :-)
I was amazed by some of the info that I was able to scavange from the good posters at that site.

As little surprise to none, Fr. A is the best.  I'm sure he is lurking about somewhere, however he is a monastic, and may be utilizing his time otherwise for a little while.

I was highly upset about the hundreds of hours (thousands for some), that we put into that forum; and have the wicked witch of West come in and banish  us to the recesses of th EWTN basement. But alas, it shows the stripes of those wishing to oppress the dialogue.

Nevertheless, I actually enjoyed finding most everyone over here.  I was a bit too occupied the past few weeks to post regularly, and just caught the chaos as I was trying to return.

I was banished, never to be heard from again, for simply questioning what was happening.
Although it's sad, I'm glad to see that I was not the only one to get the ax!

I was actually more hurt at the prospect of not talking to some of you'all.  It's amazing how much I missed the interaction with a delightful host of people.

I will say however that I met with several RC over there that were very nice, and I exchanged many a good PM's with over the year or so that I was active.
The first person to actually make contact with me was a Catholic physician, who saw that I was a physician, and wished to extend an olive branch to me immediatley.  It was nice.

But anyhow, I'm glad to see so many of you here, and look forward to continued conversation. 

icxc nika

now known as: Big FAT Greek Daddy....

You have the sickness.
The cure is in the Holy Orthodox Church.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2007, 06:19:41 AM »

I have been a stranger for a while, haven't I
Yep!

To you and to all our new and renewed members:

Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome!
Fremde, etranger, stranger.
Gluklich zu sehen, je suis enchante,
Happy to see you, bleibe, reste, stay.
Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome
Im Cabaret, au Cabaret, to Cabaret!

Mickey
OC.net guru

Faith: Holy Orthodoxy

« Reply #307 on: November 15, 2007, 11:52:54 AM »

Greetings all,

It has been requested by my good friend and brother in Christ that I post this message for him. Everyone will remember him as "Orthodoc" (Bob) from the now defunct Eastern Christianity forum at Catholic Answers. He is having trouble logging on here because of a "cookies" problem. Can anyone help him?

Received a Private Email from Fr Ambrose.  Though he wasn't banned from posting on CAF they did take away his ability to communicate via CAF for private emails.  So, if you sent him a private email via CAF chances are he either never received it or if he did and replied you all never got his reply.  This past weekend was very busy for him.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 11:55:34 AM by Mickey » Logged
BigFatGreekDaddy
Holy Unmerceneries Pray for us

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #308 on: November 15, 2007, 12:01:09 PM »

Greetings all,

It has been requested by my good friend and brother in Christ that I post this message for him. Everyone will remember him as "Orthodoc" (Bob) from the now defunct Eastern Christianity forum at Catholic Answers. He is having trouble logging on here because of a "cookies" problem. Can anyone help him?

Received a Private Email from Fr Ambrose.  Though he wasn't banned from posting on CAF they did take away his ability to communicate via CAF for private emails.  So, if you sent him a private email via CAF chances are he either never received it or if he did and replied you all never got his reply.  This past weekend was very busy for him.

It almost feels as though we are in the midst of a nuclear Holocaust and we are attempting to find each other through the murky fog, using smoke signals and the pony express to communicate.

Glad to see that the world is actually a bit smaller than it seems.  The internet is pretty amazing isn't it!

You have the sickness.
The cure is in the Holy Orthodox Church.
brittrossiter

jasonrossiter
« Reply #309 on: November 15, 2007, 12:06:58 PM »

It almost feels as though we are in the midst of a nuclear Holocaust and we are attempting to find each other through the murky fog, using smoke signals and the pony express to communicate.

Glad to see that the world is actually a bit smaller than it seems.  The internet is pretty amazing isn't it!
Amazing indeed, and that's an excellent analogy.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #310 on: November 15, 2007, 12:08:39 PM »

In any fire drill, the most thing to know is the evacuation rallying point. Wink

Ziggernaut

« Reply #311 on: November 15, 2007, 12:28:35 PM »

In any fire drill, the most thing to know is the evacuation rallying point. Wink

Amazing to see how many of us almost instinctively rallyed here!  The Holy Spirit guiding and protecting us?

So good to hear Fr. Ambrose is still around, and I very much hope to see him here.

In Christ,
Jeff

Alexius

Baptism of Poland

« Reply #312 on: November 15, 2007, 01:45:47 PM »

I am humbled that I was even remembered and mentioned on this thread!!

I was rather upset about the nuclear explosion at CAF.
I was present for well over a year before I even started posting at that forum.

I originally started looking online for RC v. Ortho material when a good friend of mine became a born again Catholic :-)
I was amazed by some of the info that I was able to scavange from the good posters at that site.

As little surprise to none, Fr. A is the best.  I'm sure he is lurking about somewhere, however he is a monastic, and may be utilizing his time otherwise for a little while.

I was highly upset about the hundreds of hours (thousands for some), that we put into that forum; and have the wicked witch of West come in and banish  us to the recesses of th EWTN basement. But alas, it shows the stripes of those wishing to oppress the dialogue.

Nevertheless, I actually enjoyed finding most everyone over here.  I was a bit too occupied the past few weeks to post regularly, and just caught the chaos as I was trying to return.

I was banished, never to be heard from again, for simply questioning what was happening.
Although it's sad, I'm glad to see that I was not the only one to get the ax!

I was actually more hurt at the prospect of not talking to some of you'all.  It's amazing how much I missed the interaction with a delightful host of people.

I will say however that I met with several RC over there that were very nice, and I exchanged many a good PM's with over the year or so that I was active.
The first person to actually make contact with me was a Catholic physician, who saw that I was a physician, and wished to extend an olive branch to me immediatley.  It was nice.

But anyhow, I'm glad to see so many of you here, and look forward to continued conversation. 

icxc nika

now known as: Big FAT Greek Daddy....

Welcome! Smiley

Prayers and Petitions,
                        Alexius Cool
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #313 on: November 15, 2007, 02:21:17 PM »

Greetings all,

If he's using internet explorer ,tell him to delete his cookies in internet options then just sign in again ..it should work hopefully...stashko Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 02:32:09 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #314 on: November 15, 2007, 03:04:29 PM »

If he's using internet explorer ,tell him to delete his cookies in internet options then just sign in again ..it should work hopefully...stashko Cheesy
Has it occurred to you guys that the Administrators of CAF may be reading this site?
Given what has happened already, do you think it may be possible that people may be banned from CAF because of what is written here?

Tags: Catholic Answers Forum CAF Reunion CAF 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: