OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 03:06:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: H.G Stephanos Mar Theodosius passed away  (Read 1427 times) Average Rating: 0
paul2004
Paul
Elder

OC.net

« on: November 05, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »

http://malankaraorthodoxchurch.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=60&Itemid=185

A brief profile of His Grace

Was born on Oct.2 1924 as the fifth child-Punnoose- of Mr. Kurian and Mrs. Mariammaof Kayyalathu family at Pathamuttam. Ordained as deacon and priest by H.H. Geevarghese II, the Catholicose. Went to Jabalpur in North India as the parish priest in 1952. Took B.A. and M.A. in Jabalpur. Had obtained theological degrees- B.D. and STM – in USA.  Had served as vicar of Bombay, Malaysia Singapore, and Bahrain parishes among others. Was appointed as the Director of St. Thomas Orthodox Church Mission, Bhilai in 1972. Consecrated as bishop in 1975 at Niranam Valiapally. Was given the charge of the Madras Diocese in 1975. Became the first metropolitan of the Diocese of Calcutta in 1979. In view of his meritorious service to the church, he was awarded Doctor of Divinity by General Theological Seminary, New York in 1990.

Gramangalil Sooryodhayam - A documentary film about the village mission of North India (Bhilai mission) and it's delegent leader H.G. Dr. Stephanos Mar Theodosius.

Documentary Link: http://malankaraorthodoxchurch.in/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=204&catid=14

-Paul
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

ΠΑΝΑΓΙΑ ΣΟΥΜΕΛΑ

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 03:15:30 PM »

Memory eternal.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

St. Hripsimeh pray for us!

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 03:21:07 PM »

Memory eternal!

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 03:30:35 PM »

Memory eternal.

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 07:55:07 AM »

Memory eternal.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Tags: Indian Orthodox 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: