OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 12:40:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inviting people to these boards?  (Read 682 times) Average Rating: 0
Didymus
Peace and grace.
High Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HG Coptic Bishop Anba Daniel of Sydney

St. Thomas Didymus the Apostle of India

« on: November 15, 2007, 08:52:53 AM »

Just invited somebody I have spoken with several times online to these boards.

He's an ex-SDA and I originally contacted him whilst I was an SDB to discuss the Sabbath but since then we have had several other conversations.

A while ago I mentioned to him that I joined the Coptic Orthodox Church and he replied with something about how he knows little of it but isn't opposed to traditions so long as they have Scriptural support though he also questioned how we can know the traditions have not been changed.

Recently we regained contact after somewhat of a break due to mutual business and, as I'm about to go away for a week anyway, I figured I would invite him here. He should be respectful as I would not invite somebody I thought would not be here.

Just wondering whether there is anything I should consider when inviting people to these boards at all please?

In general, if I think a person will cause a problem I don't invite them.
Otherwise I only invite people I think are truly and genuinely seeking and ready to come here.

Any other tips please?

Thanks and pray for me please.

P.S. Last I knew this fellow was attending here & there not knowing where to find truth. His website us essentially an extended rave against E.G.White as he left the SDAs due to other wrong teachings then later stopped keeping the Sabbath.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:06:47 AM by Didymus » Logged

...because I was not with you when the Lord came aforetime.
...because I am blind and yet I see.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 09:41:54 AM »

I would say that in general, if they can keep the rules (keep the fast  Wink ) then common down! 

Seriously though, that's what the rules are for.  Everyone is welcome, if you break the rules, there are consequences.  If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen...lol. 

I see a more open "invitation" perhaps than you do...

the rest is up to them. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: