OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 07:41:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help and QUICK!!!!  (Read 6418 times) Average Rating: 0
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« on: November 01, 2007, 02:49:12 PM »

I'm trying to send a letter (via fax) to the RC Archdiocese in NY regarding the upcoming Nazi concert at the Croatian Church this weekend.

Who should I send the letter to and could anyone help me find the a number to call?

I'm on the website, but I don't know which would be the appropriate department and time is really of the essence.  Thanks in advance.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 03:03:56 PM »

They should just have a main office, and if you send it there (even if they have a few different numbers, smaller offices etc.) it should get to the right people fairly quickly.  That is at least how the Phoenix office worked (which is obviously much smaller than NY).    Good luck.  I can't believe this neo-ustasa stuff still goes on with so little outside notice. 
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 03:05:14 PM »

But they don't.  They seem to have 122 different departments and I can't figure out where I should send it.

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 03:05:47 PM »

Oh, just found something I think.

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 03:07:14 PM »

Rats!!! Foiled.  I found some main number, but they said they were closed on account of All Saints Day.

Please help!!!

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 03:14:42 PM »

I didn't think of that.  Today is an holy day of obligation so likely everything will be closed. Tomorrow everything except Mexican related offices should be open.
SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 03:32:48 PM »

I'm sure their fax machines are still on.

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
SiviSokol

Jurisdiction: SOC

Tamburica u mom srcu

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 03:45:59 PM »

Thompson is a disgusting, fascist disgrace (and they're terrible musicians as well).  I'm saddened to hear that they are touring the US. 

I hope that the concert is protested loudly, or cancelled outright (I heard that happened in Canada).   I pray that, together, the Serbian and Jewish groups of New York can get these jokers canned. 

SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 04:07:03 PM »

Okay, I sent my letter to Joseph Zwilling, he is there communication director.

For anyone who is interested, please send him an email protesting this concert which is set to go forward  Friday November 2 & 3, 2007.  Here is his email address Communications@archny.org (it is on the RCC website).

Here are some lyrics from his song name "Jasenovac & Stara Gradiska" (which were concentration camps in Croatia during WWII).  In any event, here are the lyrics:

Jasenovac and Stara Gradiška. 
Those are the homes of Max’s butchers.

There was a slaughterhouse in Capljina,
And there the Neretva carried away many Serbs.

Hey, Neretva, flow downhill,
Carry Serbs into the blue Adriatic.

Trucks rush through Imotski,
Driving the black clad men of Jure Francetic

I am an Ustasha and so was my father,
Father left his craft to his son.

(as an aside, the word "Usatasha" is the word for a Croat Nazi - most reasonable Croats would not call themselves this - many would prefer "Domobrani" which is like "home guard"). 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 04:20:48 PM by SouthSerb99 » Logged

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 04:29:14 PM »

Will do, brother.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Serbian Patriot

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 11:20:57 AM »

Thompson is a disgusting, fascist disgrace (and they're terrible musicians as well).  I'm saddened to hear that they are touring the US. 

I hope that the concert is protested loudly, or cancelled outright (I heard that happened in Canada).   I pray that, together, the Serbian and Jewish groups of New York can get these jokers canned. 

What happened to freedom of expression?  If Satanist's are allowed to perform without anyone uttering a word of condemnation then why not Ustase.  It's bad publicity for Croat's, but if they want to go ahead and shoot themselves in the foot then let them.  Instead of demanding a ban, I think Serb's should put more of an emphasis on revisiting that part of history and educating Westerner's.  It bothers me slightly that Jews seem to have a monopoly on victimhood, and seem to ban anything that goes against their interests.  And therefore we Serb's are just tagging along hoping that the victim status rub's off on us.  I'm not comfortable with the double standards, and I don't think that people should be censored.  It's not even as if its being broadcast live on a major American TV station.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 11:21:55 AM by Serbian Patriot » Logged

Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 11:30:37 AM »

What happened to freedom of expression?  If Satanist's are allowed to perform without anyone uttering a word of condemnation then why not Ustase.  It's bad publicity for Croat's, but if they want to go ahead and shoot themselves in the foot then let them.  Instead of demanding a ban, I think Serb's should put more of an emphasis on revisiting that part of history and educating Westerner's.  It bothers me slightly that Jews seem to have a monopoly on victimhood, and seem to ban anything that goes against their interests.  And therefore we Serb's are just tagging along hoping that the victim status rub's off on us.  I'm not comfortable with the double standards, and I don't think that people should be censored.  It's not even as if its being broadcast live on a major American TV station.

I am completely against the government silencing people, but if a local community comes together and does not want fascist scum to perform in their midst, then more power to them.  I was aware of this concert, but had no idea it was happening in a Croation church.  This is not just bad publicity for the Croats at this parish but also for the entire archdiocese.  I hope and pray that the bishop steps in and talks some sense into the parish council.  In my younger, more passionate days, my friends and I would have most definitely taken a roadtrip up to NYC and went looking for trouble with those attending the show.  There is even still a part of me that wants to go up for that very reason. 

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 11:35:40 AM »

There is some truth in this, but here is the problem, this story is getting ZERO media coverage.  The way to get it in the media is to call for a boycott, to ask that it be stopped, to kick and scream until someone notices.

In fact, if you've read any of the stories in the NY City papers (Daily News and Times in particular - The Post hates Serbs so much they never would say a thing which would be on our side), you'll see that they write that the only ones protesting this event are various "Jewish groups".

Jewish groups?Huh  Sure Jews were killed at Jasenovac, but the primary targets of the Ustase were Serbs.  I know of at least 3 major Serbian organization trying to bring attention to this event and not a single word about us?  Why?

Is it out of fear of acknowledging certain realities about our history which does not fit into the "Serb as devil" portrayal in the modern media?  The reality is, this should be top news (at least in NYC), but it is on the back pages.  So, it doesn't really make the Croats look like anything, because nobody is reading it.

On top of that, Joseph Zwilling (the communications director for the RC Archdiocese of NY) said yesterday that there was no evidence to indicate Thompson has any "pro-nazi" views.  Who is he kidding?  60,000 seig heil saluting Croats in Zagreb didn't give it away???

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 11:38:22 AM »

I am completely against the government silencing people, but if a local community comes together and does not want fascist scum to perform in their midst, then more power to them.  I was aware of this concert, but had no idea it was happening in a Croation church.  This is not just bad publicity for the Croats at this parish but also for the entire archdiocese.  I hope and pray that the bishop steps in and talks some sense into the parish council.  In my younger, more passionate days, my friends and I would have most definitely taken a roadtrip up to NYC and went looking for trouble with those attending the show.  There is even still a part of me that wants to go up for that very reason. 

I just got off the phone with Joseph Zwilling's office (they won't put him on) but I asked about the concert (again) and they said "as far as they know, it is going forward as planned".

Anyone interested in contacting the RC Archdiocese here is the info:

Phone: 212-371-1011 Ext. 2997

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
SiviSokol

Tamburica u mom srcu

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 11:38:55 AM »

The hall where they are performing is, from what I can find published on the internet, owned by Sts. Cyril and Methodius parish.  Thompson shouldn't be allowed to perform there.  Period.

I'm all for free speech, but they give a black eye to Croatians of good will and their performance on property owned by a Catholic parish is completely inappropriate.

Mr. Zwilling should be aware of their views, since in my message to him I sent along YouTube links of their performances along with a translation of "Jasenovac i Gradiska Stara."
SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 11:49:22 AM »

Yes, I think the affiliation with the Church makes this especially troubling.

It is not like this is an institution of higher learning trying to evoke discussion on controversial issues (the way Columbia invited Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to speak).

I also spoke to a Croatian guy I went to law school with who was disgusted by this concert, but he also said he was in the huge minority.

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
Serbian Patriot

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 11:54:30 AM »

There is some truth in this, but here is the problem, this story is getting ZERO media coverage.  The way to get it in the media is to call for a boycott, to ask that it be stopped, to kick and scream until someone notices.

I agree that this does indeed have merit.  If one calls for a ban that certainly gets the desired attention.  I just think it brings up additional questions.  If this kind of manifestation can be banned, then why not others. 

ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 11:58:57 AM »

Just popped Joseph an email...

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 12:01:25 PM »

I agree that this does indeed have merit.  If one calls for a ban that certainly gets the desired attention.  I just think it brings up additional questions.  If this kind of manifestation can be banned, then why not others. 

I see and understand your concerns, but are you aware that Ceca was denied entry into Canada because of who she was married to???

Okay, the Canadians stopped the Thompson concert, but they let this Nazi gloryfying freak into their country!  They denied Ceca because of she was married to her (now deceased) husband.

Last time I checked, Ceca wasn't singing anything like the stuff Thompson does.

I was also thinking about Baja Mali Knindza and I don't think his lyrics are as bad as Thompsons.  "Ne volim te Alija zato sto si Balija"...

Maybe the Momicilo song "Dzamije Lete" might be on par.

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 12:05:17 PM »

About the only guy really reporting the story in NY is a guy by the name of Rich Schapiro from the NY Daily News.  He's done an adequate job.  If anyone would car to drop him an email, his email address is:  rschapiro@nydailynews.com (again it is public info).

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
Serbian Patriot

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 12:08:39 PM »

Against silencing people, but you'd do so anyway eh.  The people that want to censor always take the moral highground, and almost always invoke the will of the majority, as if moral matters are a thing of democratic vote.  There's always the presumption that 'the local community' backs their moral stance.  The remark about locals being outraged about such people 'performing in their midst' also borders on the Orwellian.  People would complain if they were performing anywhere, including on private property.  How many degenerate show's, by the same standards must we then denounce that are 'going on in our midst'.  I'm not having a go, I just detect some major double standards.  It just annoys me how in such a morally degenerate society moral righteousness is based on how much someone hates 'fascist scum'.  Forget the really big social and moral concerns of our day, lets just all come together against those evil Nazis hiding under our beds.  

Serbian Patriot

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 12:11:01 PM »

I see and understand your concerns, but are you aware that Ceca was denied entry into Canada because of who she was married to???

Okay, the Canadians stopped the Thompson concert, but they let this Nazi gloryfying freak into their country!  They denied Ceca because of she was married to her (now deceased) husband.

Last time I checked, Ceca wasn't singing anything like the stuff Thompson does.

I was also thinking about Baja Mali Knindza and I don't think his lyrics are as bad as Thompsons.  "Ne volim te Alija zato sto si Balija"...

Maybe the Momicilo song "Dzamije Lete" might be on par.

Fair enough.  The Ceca issue was ridiculous, so I guess you have a good case for then arguing that this guy shouldn't have been let in.

SiviSokol

Tamburica u mom srcu

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 12:45:29 PM »

[...]It just annoys me how in such a morally degenerate society moral righteousness is based on how much someone hates 'fascist scum'.  Forget the really big social and moral concerns of our day, lets just all come together against those evil Nazis hiding under our beds.  

Thus speaks the man who admires Dimitrije Ljotic (just got done visiting your blog).  ALL fascism is bad, not just the anti-Serbian kind. 
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 01:51:27 PM »

Against silencing people, but you'd do so anyway eh.  The people that want to censor always take the moral highground, and almost always invoke the will of the majority, as if moral matters are a thing of democratic vote.  There's always the presumption that 'the local community' backs their moral stance.  The remark about locals being outraged about such people 'performing in their midst' also borders on the Orwellian.  People would complain if they were performing anywhere, including on private property.  How many degenerate show's, by the same standards must we then denounce that are 'going on in our midst'.  I'm not having a go, I just detect some major double standards.  It just annoys me how in such a morally degenerate society moral righteousness is based on how much someone hates 'fascist scum'.  Forget the really big social and moral concerns of our day, lets just all come together against those evil Nazis hiding under our beds.  

who said anything about forgetting other social and moral concerns?  who said they're hiding under our beds?  they're right out in the open playing at a catholic church social hall in new york city.  a society and its citizens have a right to decide what goes on within it environs.  no one (on this board anyway, aside from my own sinful desire to do something physical based upon my own past history with these kind of people) is advocating any violence towards the participants.  the simple fact is that this isn't some Max Resist concert on some farm in the middle of Illinois.  this is a very high profile gig in one of the largest markets in the world and those who will be directly affected by it (eg Catholics of the Archdiocese of NY and those in that particular neighborhood of NY) have a right and a duty to have their concerns listened to and acted upon.

my friend, i have been beaten up by such mouth-breathing scum because my brother married a filipino woman and dared to have children by her.  one of my best friends was attacked by five maryland hammerskins wielding baseball bats because he's black (little did they know they were dealing with a veritable psychopath who took literally took the bats from them and turned the tide..he's also been shot in the face by a bonehead).  i've spent over half of my life combating the true double standard of proponents of fascist ideology who preach about their freedom of speech while they'll gladly plot to take your freedom of life away in a dark alley. 

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Maksim

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 10:49:36 PM »

Just saw a story about this on the local news, so it's getting some mainstream coverage.

It just seems surreal that Ceca has trouble even getting into the country, while these guys have no problem  Huh
Serbian Patriot

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2007, 10:39:18 AM »

Thus speaks the man who admires Dimitrije Ljotic (just got done visiting your blog).  ALL fascism is bad, not just the anti-Serbian kind. 

How did you come to the conclusion that Ljotic was a fascist?  He clearly expressed his opposition to fascism and Hitlerism:
http://www.pogledi.co.yu/diskusije/viewtopic.php?p=46458&sid=b56b0b3b815e271be58aac30f3ea95c0
And whatever one may accuse him of being, I don't think many people would call him a liar or deciever.  He was always open and honest with his beliefs.  And there were times when he could have taken the path of less resistance but opted to pay a heavy price by fighting openly for what he believed in without compromising.
It is true that he didn't believe in parliamentary democracy, because he believed that parties split the people.  Personally I agree with him in this regard. 
We can open up another thread to avoid diverting this one if this topic is of interest to you?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:43:25 AM by Serbian Patriot » Logged

stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 10:54:31 PM »

I'm trying to send a letter (via fax) to the RC Archdiocese in NY regarding the upcoming Nazi concert at the Croatian Church this weekend.

Who should I send the letter to and could anyone help me find the a number to call?

I'm on the website, but I don't know which would be the appropriate department and time is really of the essence.  Thanks in advance.

Брате сербине...да те питам нешто..кад ми серби славимо наше четнићке празнике ..ел хрвати пишу нашем преосвеченству патриарку павлу против нас ,,, никад нисам то чуо ...ако знаш кажи ми молим ... брат сташко...stashko Huh
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 11:03:01 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 12:22:21 AM »

Брате сербине...да те питам нешто..кад ми серби славимо наше четнићке празнике ..ел хрвати пишу нашем преосвеченству патриарку павлу против нас ,,, никад нисам то чуо ...ако знаш кажи ми молим ... брат сташко...stashko Huh
Can someone please translate this to English?
SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 12:18:25 PM »

Peter,

It roughly translates to the following:

Brother Serb, let me ask you something...  When we (Serbs) celebrate our "cetnik" (which there is no real English translation for, but I guess you could say "Serb nationalist") holidays, do the Croats complain to our Patriarch?  I've never heard of such a thing, if you know, let me know.  Brother Stashko.

Stashko,

A few things.  First I think it is important you compare apples to apples, but more importantly when you say "четнићке празнике" (nationalist holidays), what exactly are you talking about?

Remember, Thompson is CELEBRATING the murder of Serbs in concentration camps, I know of NO Serbian holiday who celebrates such things.

Sure, I've heard some Serbian rappers sing "Nos zica, Srebrenica", but they generally have low popularity and usually are only popular with certain segments of society (ie: the very young or nutbags).  Thompson had 60,000 people at his concert saluting Sieg Heil. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 12:18:58 PM by SouthSerb99 » Logged

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2007, 04:39:56 AM »

Peter,

Brother Serb, let me ask you something...  When we (Serbs) celebrate our "cetnik" (which there is no real English translation for, but I guess you could say "Serb nationalist") holidays, do the Croats complain to our Patriarch?  I've never heard of such a thing, if you know, let me know.  Brother Stashko.
Thanks for the explanation, SouthSerb.  I was kinda curious what Stashko was saying.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 06:32:07 AM »

Peter,

Stashko,

A few things.  First I think it is important you compare apples to apples, but more importantly when you say "четнићке празнике" (nationalist holidays), what exactly are you talking about?

Remember, Thompson is CELEBRATING the murder of Serbs in concentration camps, I know of NO Serbian holiday who celebrates such things.

Sure, I've heard some Serbian rappers sing "Nos zica, Srebrenica", but they generally have low popularity and usually are only popular with certain segments of society (ie: the very young or nutbags).  Thompson had 60,000 people at his concert saluting Sieg Heil. 

brate serbine...
bad choice of words sorry ..ја требо сам да кажем споменике као за драже михалиовића ,,и за друге наше хироз ...кад сам био млађи ја сам мислио да су они били исто хаше празничке дане,, ја видим сада да нису...само светитељи су ...опет опрости ...брате ја нисам пођен  у сербију ја се учим мало по мало..мир божи ...сташко..

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2007, 07:36:47 AM »

Stashko,
Don't be shy about typing in english. There are people here who want to hear what you have to say, and welcome the opportunity of hearing from someone with a different culture. I know that some posters have complained about your grammar, but who cares? Just ignore them.
I also moderate a meteorological website, and one of the most accurate weather forecasters on the forum never uses a capital letter or a punctuation mark. New people always complain about his grammar, but as soon as they see that he can accurately predict weather systems 7 days ahead, they soon shut up!
George

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 12:55:21 PM »

Just as a side note to admins / mods, presumably on an Orthodox forum there would be a higher number than usual non-native English speakers.  Perhaps a little sub-forum could be set up somewhere where they could ask questions or otherwise practice their English.  It could be a helpful resource form some. 
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 01:02:26 PM »

Just as a side note to admins / mods, presumably on an Orthodox forum there would be a higher number than usual non-native English speakers.  Perhaps a little sub-forum could be set up somewhere where they could ask questions or otherwise practice their English.  It could be a helpful resource form some. 

Good idea.  I've put the question to the Admins.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2007, 03:03:25 PM »

brate serbine...
bad choice of words sorry ..ја требо сам да кажем споменике као за драже михалиовића ,,и за друге наше хироз ...кад сам био млађи ја сам мислио да су они били исто хаше празничке дане,, ја видим сада да нису...само светитељи су ...опет опрости ...брате ја нисам пођен  у сербију ја се учим мало по мало..мир божи ...сташко..

Well, I still think our heroes, like Cica Draza have nothing in common with this concert (or some Croat heroes for that matter).  Sticking to the substance of the original post, Thompson glorifies mass murder. Plain and simple.  I don't know that anyone with overwhelming popular support amongst Serbs does the same thing.

BTW, where are you born?

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
Pravoslavbob
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2007, 03:11:41 PM »

I also moderate a meteorological website

You are truly a man who wears a great variety of hats.   Wink  Are you a physicist?  I'm very interested in weather, but I never progressed very far in the study of physics.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 03:12:48 PM by Pravoslavbob » Logged

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2007, 03:29:32 PM »

Well, I still think our heroes, like Cica Draza have nothing in common with this concert (or some Croat heroes for that matter).  Sticking to the substance of the original post, Thompson glorifies mass murder. Plain and simple.  I don't know that anyone with overwhelming popular support amongst Serbs does the same thing.

BTW, where are you born?

рођен у немачку [germany]  stashko

Brate ja slusam nash nationalistik  serbski  radio vucjak preko mreze...ja volim nashe pesme ...im not sure who this tompson is though i've never heard of him until you mentioned it...if you find out were you can complain to let me know ,ill join you...stashko
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 10:47:01 PM by stashko » Logged

Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2007, 04:06:18 PM »

Evo Thompona:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_(band)

Thompsona nije kao srpska narodna muzika.  Thompson je neo-nazi. 

Da li govorite njemecki takode?

Welche Sprache sprechen Sie am besten? 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 04:06:42 PM by Νεκτάριος » Logged
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2007, 08:05:29 PM »

Evo Thompona:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_(band)

Thompsona nije kao srpska narodna muzika.  Thompson je neo-nazi. 

Da li govorite njemecki takode?

Welche Sprache sprechen Sie am besten? 

nine sprechen ....stashko

само слога сербе спасава...                              патриарак павле каже ,ако ми не признамо наше греке,нема покајање за опроштај греке....мудрост  говори  патриарак павле....сташко
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:47:20 AM by stashko » Logged

Athanasios
Latin Rite Catholic faithful to the Holy Father and the Magisterium
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin Church Diocese of Youngstown

The Divine Mercy

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 09:33:17 PM »

Hello,

I wish I had seen this earlier, as it is probably too late now.

For this issue, the Communications Office is the wrong place to be trying to resolve this. They basically are PR and release statements from the Bishop's Office. At best they can forward it on, but don't bet the farm on it.

The best place to go is straight to the top, Cardinal Egan's Office. He is the one who can put a kibosh on it. If you can't get through, try the Vicars General's Office, since the Vicar General is the second in command in a diocese and deals with most of the ordinary day-to-day running of the diocese. He speaks in the name of the Bishop.

It should be noted that in a diocese as large as New York, things are probably not going to blaze through like lightning. The sheer size and magnitude will most likely preclude expediency - but you never know.

I must also note, that as a Catholic of Croatian descent (1/4 Croatian), I find this whole thing disgusting and revolting. To use Croatian nationality and (even worse) the Catholic Church as a front to spew nazism and nazi propaganda is despicable and enraging.

Through the intercession of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, may Jesus Christ bless you abundantly.

Pray that we may be one, as Christ and His Father are one. (John 17:20ff)

A.K.A. - JMJ_coder
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2007, 11:06:14 PM »

Stashko,
Don't be shy about typing in english. There are people here who want to hear what you have to say, and welcome the opportunity of hearing from someone with a different culture. I know that some posters have complained about your grammar, but who cares? Just ignore them.
I also moderate a meteorological website, and one of the most accurate weather forecasters on the forum never uses a capital letter or a punctuation mark. New people always complain about his grammar, but as soon as they see that he can accurately predict weather systems 7 days ahead, they soon shut up!
George

Brother ozgeorge ...it's kind of confusing for the new people like  me..under your name global moderator ,i guess you are a moderator ,,also under other names i also see global moderator  or moderator ,,how many are there per different subjects on orthodox christianity .net...inquiring mind wants to know.......brother stashko  

also i wanted to ask ,whats the time limit given to edit ones post ,,,stashko
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 11:12:31 PM by stashko » Logged

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2007, 11:20:59 PM »

nine sprechen ....stashko
don't speak german...stashko

translation,,,,,
   only unity saves the serbs ...    Patriarch Pavle says ,without the recognition of sin  ,there  can be no repentance unto forgiveness ... wisdom speaks .. Patriarch pavle                 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:43:41 AM by stashko » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2007, 01:41:48 AM »

Brother ozgeorge ...it's kind of confusing for the new people like  me..under your name global moderator ,i guess you are a moderator ,,also under other names i also see global moderator  or moderator ,,how many are there per different subjects on orthodox christianity .net...inquiring mind wants to know.......brother stashko   
To answer your first question, I offer this quote from ozgeorge on a thread where this subject is addressed:
Each moderated forum has it's own "Section Moderator" . As it stands at the moment:
Convert Issues Moderator: Thomas
Faith Issues Moderator: PeterTheAleut
Liturgy Moderator: arimethea
Oriental Orthodox Discussion Moderator: Salpy
Orthodox-Catholic Discussion Moderator: dantxny
Orthodox Family Forum Moderator: * FrChris *
Free-For-All Moderator: Αριστοκλής

Then there are two "Global Moderators" myself and cleveland.
The Global moderators oversee the Section Moderators as well as moderate the forums which have no moderators (such as "Other", "News" etc). The private boards are unmoderated (unless something is posted in them which is illegal etc).

Finally, the "Administrators" oversee everything and make the final decisions. They are FrChris, Robert and Anastasios.

There are also other people who assist with content development and are involved in moderator/admin discussions.

In practice, the moderators and admins work together and discuss issues. Also, if a section moderator sees some gross breech of forum rules in a forum which is not normally their responsibility, they are able to intervene.

also i wanted to ask ,whats the time limit given to edit ones post ,,,stashko
Don't hold me to this, but from my pre-Mod experience, I found that the time limit was roughly 24 hours.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2007, 04:06:39 AM »

To answer your first question, I offer this quote from ozgeorge on a thread where this subject is addressed:
Don't hold me to this, but from my pre-Mod experience, I found that the time limit was roughly 24 hours.

God bless ,,thank you for the answers...also i've noticed that the moderators here interact with posters in giving answers and asking questions not just moderating ,which i think is great....mir  peace...      stashko
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:10:58 AM by stashko » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2007, 04:21:43 AM »

God bless ,,thank you for the answers...also i've noticed that the moderators here interact with posters in giving answers and asking questions not just moderating ,which i think is great....mir  peace...      stashko
Well, we're encouraged to never stop being posters, as well. Wink  The general rule of thumb is that if a moderator posts text in a color other than black--you'll usually see this in red or green--then (s)he is speaking as a moderator.  Otherwise, the moderator is posting as just another member of the forum.

Now we're hijacking this thread with our banter, so we might want to start a separate thread for this or take it to the PM system before this board's moderator, Αριστοκλής, gets on our case. Wink
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:26:15 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: