OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 01:18:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vista, be gone!  (Read 9277 times) Average Rating: 0
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2009, 05:23:15 PM »

Well, all I know is that the computer I'm currently using came with Vista (after it had been out over a year - so I guess most of the major bugs, you know New York Cock Roach size, had been eliminated) and it has worked fine. I'm planning on giving Windows 7 until after Nativity to get all the major bugs out before upgrading. Plus, January is a good season to spend days sweating over computer issues.  Grin

Typically on my main Windows PC, I always wait till the first Service Pack.  Vista did get a good deal better after SP1, far from perfect, but definitely a lot better (especially when it came to file transfer time).

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2009, 10:56:05 PM »

I downloaded and installed Windows 7 64 bit today. I'm already thrilled. What an improvement! So much faster and less of a resources hog.

Now I can truly say, Vista, be gone!
Douglas
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2009, 11:41:19 AM »

Our son is coming in November (Thanksgiving) to install copies of Windows 7 on our two desktops and our laptop (all currently running Vista). We're sort of blessed in that he works for Microsoft so it's a free upgrade for us. Frankly, I can't wait since I detest this Vista resource hog.

Douglas no longer posts on the forum.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 06:27:18 PM »

After about 4 months on the market: how do the Win 7 users feel about the new OS?  Great Improvement, Minor Improvement, No Improvement/Loss, or a Loss? 

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 06:47:27 PM »

Well, I've never used Vista so I can compare Windows 7 only to Win Xp. I like it. I'm using the Ultimate version, so finding the right setup option can take some time, but I cannot complain.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2010, 10:42:35 AM »

After about 4 months on the market: how do the Win 7 users feel about the new OS?  Great Improvement, Minor Improvement, No Improvement/Loss, or a Loss? 
Great improvement over Vista, mainly in issues of usability. Slight improvement over XP, especially the new Aero functions.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: