Author Topic: Vista, be gone!  (Read 9693 times)

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
Re: Vista, be gone!
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2009, 05:23:15 PM »
Well, all I know is that the computer I'm currently using came with Vista (after it had been out over a year - so I guess most of the major bugs, you know New York Cock Roach size, had been eliminated) and it has worked fine. I'm planning on giving Windows 7 until after Nativity to get all the major bugs out before upgrading. Plus, January is a good season to spend days sweating over computer issues.  ;D

Typically on my main Windows PC, I always wait till the first Service Pack.  Vista did get a good deal better after SP1, far from perfect, but definitely a lot better (especially when it came to file transfer time).
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

Offline lubeltri

• Latin Catholic layman
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2009, 10:56:05 PM »
I downloaded and installed Windows 7 64 bit today. I'm already thrilled. What an improvement! So much faster and less of a resources hog.

Now I can truly say, Vista, be gone!

Offline Douglas

• High Elder
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2009, 11:41:19 AM »
Our son is coming in November (Thanksgiving) to install copies of Windows 7 on our two desktops and our laptop (all currently running Vista). We're sort of blessed in that he works for Microsoft so it's a free upgrade for us. Frankly, I can't wait since I detest this Vista resource hog.
Douglas no longer posts on the forum.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 06:27:18 PM »
After about 4 months on the market: how do the Win 7 users feel about the new OS?  Great Improvement, Minor Improvement, No Improvement/Loss, or a Loss? 
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 06:47:27 PM »
Well, I've never used Vista so I can compare Windows 7 only to Win Xp. I like it. I'm using the Ultimate version, so finding the right setup option can take some time, but I cannot complain.

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Professor Emeritus, CSA
  • Merarches
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2010, 10:42:35 AM »
After about 4 months on the market: how do the Win 7 users feel about the new OS?  Great Improvement, Minor Improvement, No Improvement/Loss, or a Loss? 
Great improvement over Vista, mainly in issues of usability. Slight improvement over XP, especially the new Aero functions.
"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens