Author Topic: Why did you choose your O.C Net name?  (Read 11310 times)

Offline dcommini

• Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
  • OC.net guru
  • Beannachd Dia dhuit
    • Life of an Orthodox Soldier
Re: Why did you choose your O.C Net name?
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2012, 09:44:18 AM »
I consulted a ouija board after I fasted for 40 days whilst praying to Cthulu and studying the dark arts of scientology. The letters that appeared may seem like the first letter of my first name and my complete last name, but I assure you that they are not! Those letters, when spoken backwards will reveal the dark secret behind Justin Beiber's career.
N/OblSB

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slĂ inte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...

Offline Bigsinner

• Elder
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2012, 01:41:13 PM »
O.C. Net Name:  Chosen for obvious reasons.

Screen Avatar:  To remind me to keep on trying to stay on the right path.

Offline HouseOfGod

• Passionate Orthodox teenager
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »
Well, I originally was tied into a shared account on another website with my siblings named houseofanubis. When I wanted to change my username when getting an account of my own, I wanted one that professed my faith, the most important part of my life :) I thought for quite a while (these types of things are important to me), and eventually came up with HouseOfGod. This is appropriate for me in several ways:
1) It allowed me to maintain much the same username as before, which is nice, and sweet (in my eyes), and made the part of the name of their favorite television show, House of Anubis, that references the Egyptian god of death, righted (if that makes sense): houseofanubis God
2) It references my favorite place, the church, the House of God
3) It references what I am and what I'd like to be:
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? (1 Corinthians 6:19)
I am the House of God, God dwells in me, yet I must establish a full personal relationship with Jesus Christ and live also in Him (where I'd like to be)
Hopefully this makes sense :)
Renewal during the first month of the new ecclesiastical calendar! :)