OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 05:49:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did you choose your O.C Net name?  (Read 10141 times) Average Rating: 0
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2012, 09:44:18 AM »

I consulted a ouija board after I fasted for 40 days whilst praying to Cthulu and studying the dark arts of scientology. The letters that appeared may seem like the first letter of my first name and my complete last name, but I assure you that they are not! Those letters, when spoken backwards will reveal the dark secret behind Justin Beiber's career.

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Bigsinner
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA  (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2012, 01:41:13 PM »

O.C. Net Name:  Chosen for obvious reasons.

Screen Avatar:  To remind me to keep on trying to stay on the right path.
HouseOfGod
Passionate Orthodox teenager

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »

Well, I originally was tied into a shared account on another website with my siblings named houseofanubis. When I wanted to change my username when getting an account of my own, I wanted one that professed my faith, the most important part of my life Smiley I thought for quite a while (these types of things are important to me), and eventually came up with HouseOfGod. This is appropriate for me in several ways:
1) It allowed me to maintain much the same username as before, which is nice, and sweet (in my eyes), and made the part of the name of their favorite television show, House of Anubis, that references the Egyptian god of death, righted (if that makes sense): houseofanubis God
2) It references my favorite place, the church, the House of God
3) It references what I am and what I'd like to be:
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? (1 Corinthians 6:19)
I am the House of God, God dwells in me, yet I must establish a full personal relationship with Jesus Christ and live also in Him (where I'd like to be)
Hopefully this makes sense Smiley

Renewal during the first month of the new ecclesiastical calendar! Smiley
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: