OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 04:23:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to Restore Eritrean Patriarch to His Throne  (Read 3478 times) Average Rating: 0
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« on: October 03, 2007, 09:14:07 PM »

http://www.abuneantonios.com/petition.php

Please pray for HH Abune Antonios as he is going through the same thing HH Pope Shenouda went through under Sadat.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Didymus
Peace and grace.
High Elder

Jurisdiction: HG Coptic Bishop Anba Daniel of Sydney

St. Thomas Didymus the Apostle of India

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 12:17:43 PM »

His Holiness Pope Shenouda refused to recognise the removal of HH Abune Antonios as a canonical act and urged the faithful to pray for Patriarch Antonios who “is passing through a great tribulation. We hope that the Lord will rescue him.”

+Lord have mercy.

...because I was not with you when the Lord came aforetime.
...because I am blind and yet I see.
jmkora

Jurisdiction: Indian Orthodox (Catholicate of the East)

St. Gregorios, Pray for us.

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 07:22:32 PM »

Why is it that our Patriarchs and Catholicoi don't get together and issue some kind warning or better yet,  excommunicate the "new patriarch of Eritrea" and Demetrios? I know it won't really help H.H. Antonios much, but at least it'd be some kind of statement from the rest of the church that what happened in Eritrea is unjust and uncanonical.
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »

Bump, because sadly, all these years later, this grievous situation is still going on.  May God sustain the lawful patriarch, Abune Antonios.  Also, I'd like to share this encouraging video of H.G. Anba David of the Coptic Orthodox Church speaking in support of Abune Antonios at a conference of the Eritrean Orthodox Church in Seattle, WA some years back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynDSvDnclXs

This is a very encouraging video, demonstrating not only the ardent support of the Coptic Orthodox Church for the embattled Eritrean Orthodox Church, but also the great pastoral love of His Grace Bishop David.  His Grace is a true icon of Christianity in modern times.  The peace of God radiates from His Grace.  He is kind, humble, and gentle, and one of the HARDEST WORKING BISHOPS I've ever known (and I've been around a lot, of all jurisdictions and nationalities).  May God strenghten His Grace Anba David for his work, and may God strengthen Abune Antonious and preserve the Eritrean Orthodox Church.

“Nothing is better than to realize one’s weakness and ignorance and nothing is worse than not to be aware of them.” - St. Peter of Damascus
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 12:20:57 PM »

It pains me to have to resurrect this thread, but does anyone know what ever happened to His Holiness?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:21:10 PM by Severian » Logged

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 01:28:13 PM »

He is still under house arrest at an unknown location. We (BOC) pray for him at every Liturgy.

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 01:48:07 PM »

He is still under house arrest at an unknown location. We (BOC) pray for him at every Liturgy.
We (COC) also pray for him every liturgy.

Lord have mercy!

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 02:09:12 PM »

We (COC) also pray for him every liturgy.

Lord have mercy!

We (the Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern United States) also pray for him every liturgy.

Ya Rabb urham!

peteprint
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 09:31:09 PM »

Which Patriarch does the Eritrean church in the US commemorate?
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 09:33:05 PM »

The Eritreans in commune with the rest of the OO Church commemorate HH Abune Antonios. My Priest told me that we do not intercommune with the Eritreans who recognize Bp. Dioscoros*.

*NOTE: Even though I obviously recognize HH Abune Antonios as the valid Patriarch of Eritrea, I refer to Bp. Dioscoros as "Bp." so as to not break forum rules.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:35:11 PM by Severian » Logged

peteprint
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 09:44:21 PM »

The Eritreans in commune with the rest of the OO Church commemorate HH Abune Antonios. My Priest told me that we do not intercommune with the Eritreans who recognize Bp. Dioscoros*.

*NOTE: Even though I obviously recognize HH Abune Antonios as the valid Patriarch of Eritrea, I refer to Bp. Dioscoros as "Bp." so as to not break forum rules.

Thank you Severian
Pikhristos Aftonf

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Melbourne

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 06:45:45 AM »

look what happened to sadat when he exiled His Holiness! The Lord never forgets his people, especially his Orthodox flock in exile or under persecution.
Lord Have Mercy!
Balthasar
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 11:08:11 AM »

There is something that bothers me a lot: Eritrea and Ethiopia used to be one country, they both share the same history. The people live under the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church for two-thousand years, They speak the same language, eat and dance in a similar manner. Now, since the 1990s Eritrea was seperated from Ethiopia, ('thank' to the help of diabolic Arab Muslim states), and became a "sovereign" state, politically. Now, the question is, why is there an autonomous, separate "Eritrean Orthodox Church?" Do religious institutions have to go the secular way? Don't Godly bodies have a chance to show some sort of unity whenever nations fall because of their rulers? Why was Pope Shenuda lll the first to recognise the Eritrean Orthodox Church?
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 01:10:22 PM »

There is something that bothers me a lot: Eritrea and Ethiopia used to be one country, they both share the same history. The people live under the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church for two-thousand years, They speak the same language,

No, they don't.  The Ethiopian state uses Amharic, and Eritrea Tigrinya and Arabic.

eat and dance in a similar manner. Now, since the 1990s Eritrea was seperated from Ethiopia, ('thank' to the help of diabolic Arab Muslim states),
blame the Italians and their Vatican.

and became a "sovereign" state, politically. Now, the question is, why is there an autonomous, separate "Eritrean Orthodox Church?" Do religious institutions have to go the secular way? Don't Godly bodies have a chance to show some sort of unity whenever nations fall because of their rulers? Why was Pope Shenuda lll the first to recognise the Eritrean Orthodox Church?
  I'll let a Copt answer first.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 01:40:06 PM »

Whatever the case may be, there is an Eritrean Orthodox Church that peacefully coexists with the Ethiopian Orthodox Church now despite what disagreements existed or faults made, whether it be Coptic, Ethiopian, or Eritrean.  The important thing now is that the Ethiopians do join us in prayer for the Eritrean Patriarch, and that is what Abba Antonios needs.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 12:20:57 AM »

Any updated news on HH's condition? Also, can anyone give me a rough estimate as to what percentage of Eritrean Orthodox are loyal to HH Abune Antonious as opposed to the regime puppet Patriarch?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:22:25 AM by Severian » Logged

mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 10:31:54 AM »

no news.
may God preserve our father for many years and peaceful times.
may God bring peace and courage to those in eritrea and all over the world who suffer for their faith in God.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 01:13:10 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Tags: petition  Abune Antonios Eritrea  Eritrean 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: