OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 12:47:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I wish I could read lips  (Read 666 times) Average Rating: 0
BrotherAidan
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

OC.net

« on: October 01, 2007, 12:04:19 AM »

I wish I could read lips because when Troy Polamolu of the Steelers got hurt today and they showed him on the sideline he was reciting some prayer I am sure (his lips were moving). He is a very devout Orthodox convert. He was a non-denominational devout Christian before and now he is Orthodox.

A friend of mine sent me an a recent interview: on his days off he and his wife go to a nearby monaster for prayer together. He states that devoting himself to a life of prayer and being a good husband are his top priorities in life.

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 12:14:07 AM »

He's very devout: active member of the parish, went on a pilgrimage this year to Mt Athos and Constantinople, is excited about Orthodoxy (and not just because of his wife).  Great role model and member of the Church.  I may still hate the Steelers, but I deeply respect Troy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 12:14:26 AM »

I just found out recently that Mr. Polamalu played his high school ball in my home state of Oregon, for the Trojans of Douglas High School in the small southern Oregon town of Winston.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: