Author Topic: I wish I could read lips  (Read 773 times)

Offline BrotherAidan

• guru
I wish I could read lips
« on: October 01, 2007, 12:04:19 AM »
I wish I could read lips because when Troy Polamolu of the Steelers got hurt today and they showed him on the sideline he was reciting some prayer I am sure (his lips were moving). He is a very devout Orthodox convert. He was a non-denominational devout Christian before and now he is Orthodox.

A friend of mine sent me an a recent interview: on his days off he and his wife go to a nearby monaster for prayer together. He states that devoting himself to a life of prayer and being a good husband are his top priorities in life.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: I wish I could read lips
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 12:14:07 AM »
He's very devout: active member of the parish, went on a pilgrimage this year to Mt Athos and Constantinople, is excited about Orthodoxy (and not just because of his wife).  Great role model and member of the Church.  I may still hate the Steelers, but I deeply respect Troy.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Re: I wish I could read lips
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 12:14:26 AM »
I just found out recently that Mr. Polamalu played his high school ball in my home state of Oregon, for the Trojans of Douglas High School in the small southern Oregon town of Winston.
Not all who wander are lost.