OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 01:23:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: where to find church father's teachings  (Read 798 times) Average Rating: 0
calligraphqueen
Elder

Faith: GOA

« on: September 28, 2007, 11:04:48 PM »

I am going to put this here, and not for any political reasoning so bear with me. I have discussed the conundrum of being prolife on the front end, even through adulthood say with issues like euthanasia and we are of one mind on that. Not a problem. However, we both struggle with the issue of capital punishment and not because of our former evangelical roots either. When you have groups like "sex before 8 or it's too late" allowed to charter in America (of which my own grandfather was a high ranking member), then you have your own child molested-it's a difficult struggle I admit to here. Sad
Where can I find exactly, unequivocally what the Church fathers say in this regard?  I dont' want to start a debate or argument here-just point me to the clearest and most concise (not to mention accessible without a second mortgage) speakings on this matter.
Mods feel free to lock this after I get directions, of you so choose. I dont' have an active priest or spiritual father, so I have to do all my learnin on my own and as can be afforded. Still trying to figure out if I should sell our protestant books (or burn a few of them), whilst I replace them with Orthodox ones.
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 04:24:39 PM »

Dear Calligraphqueen,

I am not sure whether Church fathers even attempted to write on such subjects as capital punishment, or premarital sex, adolescence sex, child molestation, etc. One link that I have at hand is just a link to a library of patristic writings. It is very large, so maybe you can find something there, but again, I am not sure:

http://www.ccel.org/fathers.html

Sorry if this is not much help. Hope you will find what you need!

George
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 04:25:27 PM by Heorhij » Logged

Love never fails.
Nyssa The Hobbit
Used to be OrthodoxFairyQueen
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian as of 1/10/09
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 05:44:46 PM »

When you have groups like "sex before 8 or it's too late" allowed to charter in America (of which my own grandfather was a high ranking member), then you have your own child molested-it's a difficult struggle I admit to here.

Shocked

Lord have mercy!

The ccel link is a great one.  It also has a search function which should help. 

Author of "Tojet" (fantasy) and "The Lighthouse" (Gothic), info available at my website URL.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: