OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 10:10:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: exaltation of the cross slavonic hymn  (Read 4432 times) Average Rating: 0
zebu
Mot à ta mère!
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

aimovoroi tourkoi!

« on: September 24, 2007, 01:41:00 PM »

Could anyone give me the text of the hymn "Before Thy Cross, we bow down and worship, O Master, and Thy Holy Resurrection, we glorify" in Slavonic? I don't speak Russian so it is very difficult for me to find online, though I am sure it is out there.

Thanks!

Жизнь прожить не поле перейти
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 05:30:17 PM »

Could anyone give me the text of the hymn "Before Thy Cross, we bow down and worship, O Master, and Thy Holy Resurrection, we glorify" in Slavonic? I don't speak Russian so it is very difficult for me to find online, though I am sure it is out there.

Here it is transliterated into Latin characters:  Krestu Tvojemu poklanajemsja Vladyko i svatoje voskresinije Tvoje slavhim.  Unfortunately, not speaking Russian myself, I cannot really give you any hints as to absolutely correct pronunciation or accentuation, but I'm sure one a Russian or a Serb is more than willing to help you out.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 08:34:05 AM »

I would have written it differently due to pronunciation.  Dont worry Scamandrius, you wern't that far off... Wink Grin

Krestu Tvojemu poklanjajemsja Vladyko i svjatoje voskresenije Tvoje slavim. 

that's how I would pronounce it. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America, Diocese of Dallas and the South ||| American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 10:21:39 AM »

I know this is an old thread...that said...

Parts of the Slavonic version of this hymn is stuck in my head, as we often sing it at Feasts of the Cross. However, I've never seen this written in Cyrillic font. I'm learning Russian, and find it much easier to figure out the pronunciation in Cyrillic than in a transliteration (which has always confused me). I'm also probably mispronouncing the parts I remember.

I'm having an awful time finding the Slavonic version of this hymn online. If anyone could post the Slavonic version of the hymn here in Russian characters, I would be very appreciative! Thanks! Grin
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 10:21:49 AM by Benjamin the Red » Logged

"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:29:49 AM »

I know this is an old thread...that said...

Parts of the Slavonic version of this hymn is stuck in my head, as we often sing it at Feasts of the Cross. However, I've never seen this written in Cyrillic font. I'm learning Russian, and find it much easier to figure out the pronunciation in Cyrillic than in a transliteration (which has always confused me). I'm also probably mispronouncing the parts I remember.

I'm having an awful time finding the Slavonic version of this hymn online. If anyone could post the Slavonic version of the hymn here in Russian characters, I would be very appreciative! Thanks! Grin

I can't find it either, but on this one you are in luck, the pronunciation is as it appears in the transliterated form, there are no hard marks or 'schs' to worry about, at least in the more Ukrainianized accent of Slavonic.  Can't help if you are looking for the Russian accented slavonic though...

Kres-tu (accent on second syllable)

Tvoj-e-mu (accent on first syllable)

pok-la-nja-jem-sja (main accent on last syllable)

Vla-dy-ko (accent on second syllable)

i svja-toj-je (accent on 'toj')

vos-kre-se-ni-je (minor accent on 'vos', main accent on 'se' )

Tvo-je (accent on second syllable)

slav-im. (accent on first syllable)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 10:36:03 AM by podkarpatska » Logged
Subdeacon Michael

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 11:20:50 AM »

Your wish is my command.  Wink

M

'There is nothing upon earth holier, higher, grander, more solemn, more life-giving than the Liturgy. The church, at this particular time, becomes an earthly heaven; those who officiate represent Christ Himself, the angels, the cherubim, seraphim and apostles.' - St John of Kronstadt
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America, Diocese of Dallas and the South ||| American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »

Thank you both! Very helpful. Grin

"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: