Author Topic: How to use the search function  (Read 1280 times)

Offline jlerms

• High Elder
  • O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.
How to use the search function
« on: September 20, 2007, 10:19:59 PM »
I was trying to search the archives for any messages or topics pertaining to the "true cross"...as in pieces of, etc.  Maybe I am using the search function incorrectly but I have tried with several different parameters and have come up with nothing.  Can anyone help me out or let me know if the search function in not working?  ???

much obliged,   Juliana 

Offline drewmeister2

• Elder
  • Christmas at St Markella's Cathedral, Astoria, NY
Re: How to use the search function
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 10:25:08 PM »
As far as I know the search function doesn't work at all or only works sporadically. 

For now, you can try this, it isn't as good I don't think, but it may help (the bolded parts are what you would type into the search bar on Google) :): Go to google.com, type in the search bar site:www.orthodoxchristianity.com/forum and then whatever you want to search right after that.  Example: site:www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum true cross (make sure and leave the space between the word forum and whatever you want to search for).

BTW, I just tried to search for true cross and some things came up that might interest you :).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 10:26:39 PM by drewmeister2 »
Orthodoxia i Thanatos

IC    XC      ...and in ONE HOLY CATHOLIC
    +                   and APOSTOLIC CHURCH...
NI    KA

www.hotca.org | www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV

Offline jlerms

• High Elder
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 10:29:23 PM »
Hey,  Thanks so much for the quick reply!  I will give the google search a try.  By the way, your avatar is quite impressive...who is hieroschemamonk Ephraem?

Juliana

Offline drewmeister2

• Elder
  • Christmas at St Markella's Cathedral, Astoria, NY
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 10:33:29 PM »
Hey,  Thanks so much for the quick reply!  I will give the google search a try.  By the way, your avatar is quite impressive...who is hieroschemamonk Ephraem?

Juliana

Glad I could help :).  Hieroschemamonk Ephraem apparently was a monk at Valaam in the early 20th century, I found his picture here: http://valaam.ru/en/photos/oldvalaam/1677/ and I liked it especially because he seems to be wearing some type of metal around his chest similar to St. Herman of Alaska so I thought it was pretty neat :)
Orthodoxia i Thanatos

IC    XC      ...and in ONE HOLY CATHOLIC
    +                   and APOSTOLIC CHURCH...
NI    KA

www.hotca.org | www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV

Offline jlerms

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 09:44:50 AM »
The photographs on the website are gorgeous!!! 

blessings,  Juliana