OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 02:41:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek men seek bilateral deal with Bulgaria to find wives  (Read 2222 times) Average Rating: 0
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« on: May 25, 2003, 02:16:03 PM »

Greek men seek bilateral deal with Bulgaria to find wives

Greek men are demanding a bilateral agreement with neighbouring Bulgaria because they are short of women.

Greek private TV station Mega interviewed men from across the country to discuss official statistics that show there are only 66 unmarried Greek women per 100 single men.

Almost all the men interviewed said that they were in favour of "importing" brides from the country's northern neighbour.

They thought a bilateral agreement should be reached between the two states, Bulgaria's Novinite.com reported.

Story filed: 12:02 Friday 23rd May 2003

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_784223.html?menu=news.latestheadlines

I was right, it is hard to find a good Orthodox woman. This is not good news at all given that there are 66 single women per 100 single men Smiley I thought the US was the only place where the numbers were bad for the Orthodox.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2003, 04:32:51 PM by sinjinsmythe » Logged

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 10:14:04 AM »

I was right, it is hard to find a good Orthodox woman. This is not good news at all given that there are 66 single women per 100 single men  I thought the US was the only place where the numbers were bad for the Orthodox.

You may have been right that it is hard to find a Greek Orthodox woman, but you are wrong that it is hard to find a good Orthodox woman period.

You need to do what the other Greeks are doing and look a little farther north. It seems to me that besides Bulgaria, Russia and Ukraine are blessed with an over abundance of marriageable ladies, many of whom are devoutly Orthodox.

Maybe you should give that some thought.  Grin

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 02:01:25 PM »

Not to mention the eligible Orthodox ladies from Serbia, Romania, Poland, Finland and Belarus.   Grin

CHRIST IS RISEN!

Hypo-Ortho
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 03:04:19 PM »

Not to mention the eligible Orthodox ladies from Serbia, Romania, Poland, Finland and Belarus.   Grin

CHRIST IS RISEN!

Hypo-Ortho

True! I did not mean to leave them out!

And, man, are they good looking!  Grin

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 03:07:06 PM »

I have heard about those Finnish women. Too bad I am broke and stuck state side for the next few years. Sad

By the way, are you guys implying that American women are not as good as women from other countries?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2003, 03:07:53 PM by sinjinsmythe » Logged

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2003, 03:14:35 PM »

I have heard about those Finnish women. Too bad I am broke and stuck state side for the next few years. Sad

By the way, are you guys implying that American women are not as good as women from other countries?

Not necessarily.

But it's easier to find Orthodox women in Eastern Europe than here.

It seems to me that E. Euro women are also a little more old-fashioned and take a greater interest in hearth and home and husband than their more career-oriented and individualistic American counterparts.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2003, 03:15:39 PM by Linus7 » Logged

- Pope St. Hormisdas
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 01:43:09 AM »

It seems to me that E. Euro women are also a little more old-fashioned and take a greater interest in hearth and home and husband than their more career-oriented and individualistic American counterparts.
I find that to be an overgeneralisation. I am sure that there are many wonderful and beautiful E. European women but at the same time, I know many old fashioned American women of Italian or Spanish heritage who are 100% focused on family life including hearth, home and husband.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 10:10:38 PM »

I find that to be an overgeneralisation. I am sure that there are many wonderful and beautiful E. European women but at the same time, I know many old fashioned American women of Italian or Spanish heritage who are 100% focused on family life including hearth, home and husband. 

Indeed - I know of many examples of "old-fashioned" women from the Pennsylvania Deuch stock, and you don't get much more American than that (they've been in this country for 250+ years).  Too bad Linus isn't still on the site, to see your comment and engage you in discussion of it.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: