OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 12:49:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Good News from India  (Read 1773 times) Average Rating: 0
Mikho

« on: May 24, 2003, 06:30:43 AM »

There has been talk in recent days that the IOC Catholicos will retire, and that the IOC would recognize H.B. Mor Basileos Thomas I, the SOC Catholicos, as their own Catholicos.  This would be an amazingly good step toward peace and unity.

Continue praying fervently my brethren.

Eno-no sayfo d-Aloho
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 01:17:44 PM »

Dear Mikho,

This is interesting.  I am not really surprised that H.H. the Catholicos of the East would be interested in retiring, having met him again only a few weeks ago, but I have not heard anything like what you are mentioning.  Where did you hear this?  Are there any sources I can read?  If this is true, this could be good news indeed for the Indian Church.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
Mikho

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2003, 04:27:15 PM »

It was in Mangalam Daily.  I can link you to the article or forward it to you, but it is in Malayalam, so naturally it was read to me.  Maybe you could ask someone at your parish if they heard about this.  I heard it from two difference sources, at two different times.  It would be good to see how legit this story is.  Let us know.

Eno-no sayfo d-Aloho
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2003, 04:47:38 PM »

If you've got the link, I could probably make my way through the Malayalam.  I will see what else I can find out about this...

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 01:32:41 PM »

Hi,

I'm new here, although not new to what has been written here.

I am interested in the unity of the OO Churches very much (probably more so now than the OO-EO union).

Is this really true?  Can someone provide a translation?

Will HH Catholicos Marthoma Matthews leave his position to HB Catholicos Baselios Matthews?  I thought that the IOC already has someone to take over the IOC, not HB Baselios?

Xrictoc anecti!

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 01:52:24 PM »

Dear Mina,

This is old news.  Sadly, since then, it seems like the division in our Church has been made stronger. 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

paul2004
Paul
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 12:11:19 PM »

Catholicos of the East H.H. Mar Baselius Mar Thoma Mathews 11 is more than 90 years of age now.  H.H. is taking rest
 these days as adviced by his doctors. Until recently  H.H. was very active, even traveling to North India. H.B Thomas Mar Thimotheos (Catholicos Designee) is currently authorized with administrative duties.  In the Indian Orthodox church, both Catholicos and Catholicos-designee are elected in the Malankara Association. 

As a practice, if  a Catholicos retired by his own decision (actually H.H. doesn't have to retire),  he will be still addressed "His Holiness."

If the Malankara Association (largest council of the Church)  made a decision to accept current Jacobite head, then that may satisfy the Jacobite church towards unity and may result in unity. But I haven't heard about any recent Malankara Association. Since it is a very important meeting (with participants from all parishes worldwide and all Bishops), it will be advertised in all major news papers and  invitation from H.H. will be read in all parishes. I haven't heard of any.  Last Malankara Association was in 2004 to elect bishops.

Pray for H.H.  as he is in a state of rest due to his old age.

Paul

« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 01:00:56 PM by paul2004 » Logged
joe77

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 01:04:24 PM »

Hi   Paul
          is that right there was a plan to accept HB Thomas ! as Catholicose and bring  untiy or just a false news

NULL
Tags: Indian Orthodox Syriac Orthodox schism 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: