OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 12:59:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to get the Led out again  (Read 1753 times) Average Rating: 0
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« on: September 08, 2007, 05:34:52 PM »

A Led Zeppelin reunion tour is in the works, so the rumour goes:

Zeppelin Reunion "Virtually Certain"

Yay!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 08:33:49 PM »

It's official. Grunge is dead. Long live rock 'n' roll!

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 09:05:31 PM »

Well, I wouldn't say it's dead... but it's about to get itself a wedgie from a couple of rock geezers.  If you can't die before you get old, hang around long enough to prove that kids these days listen to horrible music and then proceed to rock their faces off.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 11:07:30 PM »

A Led Zeppelin reunion tour is in the works, so the rumour goes:

Yay!

If this doesn't include John Paul Jones, I will absolutely not see it.  Without JPJ, it's just Page and Plant Waiting for Clarsdale again.  Count me out!

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 08:49:15 PM »

From what I heard, the living parts of the band will be present.  There are rumours John Bonham's son may play drums, but no confirmations yet of the lineup, let alone if there will actually be a tour.  But hey, it's better than nothing. 

TinaG
I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

If only my family were this normal !

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 08:57:36 AM »

Anyone care to speculate how many $$$ it will take to buy a ticket, if any even go on sale to the humble masses.

On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 02:55:38 PM »

Anyone care to speculate how many $$$ it will take to buy a ticket, if any even go on sale to the humble masses.
Usually tours of this magnitude (think Pink Floyd's Pulse tour) sell for $80-$100. However, since this is likely to sell out no matter how big the arena, scalpers are bound to buy as many as possible. I saw U2 in concert in 2005, and my ticket with a face value of $50 cost me $170. Now, obviously Zeppelin go on tour with less frequency than U2, so the price gouging is bound to be much higher (simple supply/demand stuff). Given all this, I expect you'd have yourself a bargain if you got a ticket for less than $350.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 08:53:40 AM »

It's starting to sound like it may not be a full fledged tour, but a one time get together in London for £125 (if you make the list... apparently you have to "apply" for randomly drawn tickets).  Here's the update.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: