OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 07:49:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joy of All Who Sorrow Cathedral - San Francisco  (Read 888 times) Average Rating: 0
jerikane

« on: September 08, 2007, 11:37:40 AM »

Has anyone visited the Joy of All Who Sorrow Cathedral in San Francisco?  I am going to be in the area and was wanting to visit and perhaps venerate the relics of St. John of San Francisco.
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 03:05:32 PM »

Has anyone visited the Joy of All Who Sorrow Cathedral in San Francisco?  I am going to be in the area and was wanting to visit and perhaps venerate the relics of St. John of San Francisco.

I have been there last spring. The church is beautiful. When you enter the church, his relics are to the right. You will be blessed.

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
ilyazhito
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 08:39:40 AM »

I have. MOre than that, I have been able to serve in the altar there, but it was a long time ago.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 08:44:52 AM »

If you get a chance, just north is Fort Ross State Park, the colony served by St. Innocent during his when he was in California.  A very fine site, with an excellent museum.  Closer, on the top of Russian Hill, is a commemoration of the old Russian cemetary found by the first Americans coming to San Francisco.  Near to there is Holy Trinity, St. Tikhon's Cathedral.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 03:08:33 PM »

I live in the Bay Area so I'll probably stop by.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: