OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 08:47:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: His Grace Archbishop Yurij (UOCC)  (Read 587 times) Average Rating: 0
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« on: September 08, 2007, 12:45:48 AM »

Ok, here is the scoop.

A while back, on an Orthodox mailing list, a member collected the names of all the hierarchs of Orthodox jurisdictions in North America. I think the project later expanded abroad, updates are no longer posted to the list.

In the original posting, His Grace Archbishop Yurij was missing from the list. Naturally, I posted a correction. Now here is where it gets complicated. Although the UOCC has appointed him Archbishop of the Eastern Diocese, he was added to the list as the Archbishop of the Central Diocese. The list gave two comments. One was that he was not listed on the Ecumenical Patriarchate's website (the suggestion was made that maybe the appointment was not recognized by Constantinople) and the other was that because the east already has an Archbishop in metropolitan Sotirios, they can't have another....which doesn't make sense because the Central Diocese also already has an Archbishop in HE Metr. John. I'm confuzzled.

http://www.uocc.ca/en-ca/about/episcopate/archbishopyurij.asp
http://www.ec-patr.org/hierarchs/index.php?lang=en

Is he on the list and I just don't see him?? What is the difference between these groups of hierarchs??

In Christ
Ivan

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: