Author Topic: True Orthodox Questions  (Read 807 times)

Offline StGeorge

• High Elder
  • St. George
True Orthodox Questions
« on: September 07, 2007, 08:05:09 PM »
One of my friends keeps on telling me how the EP is a heretic for praying with non-Orthodox, and how according to the canons he is to be deposed, excommunicated.  Supposedly True Orthodox bishops have condemned and separated themselves from him.  They also supposedly claim that the mysteries of the World Orthodox are graceless.  I am now going to an Eastern Orthodox church (Carpatho-Russia) but I'm not Orthodox yet.  This whole theological rift between the supposed "True" Orthodox and "World" Orthodox is really giving me a headache and confusing me.  Is there any good reason to stay with the main body of Eastern Orthodox believers and not go True Orthodox?   ???

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
Re: True Orthodox Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 08:11:54 PM »
I'm actually curious about this as well. What's the diff. with 'World' and 'True' Orthodox?
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline drewmeister2

• Elder
  • Christmas at St Markella's Cathedral, Astoria, NY
Re: True Orthodox Questions
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:53:53 PM »
Rather than starting a whole new debate, check out this thread: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,12172.0.html and then see if that answers what you are looking for :)
Orthodoxia i Thanatos

IC    XC      ...and in ONE HOLY CATHOLIC
    +                   and APOSTOLIC CHURCH...
NI    KA

www.hotca.org | www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV