OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 01:15:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: True Orthodox Questions  (Read 757 times) Average Rating: 0
StGeorge
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

St. George

« on: September 07, 2007, 08:05:09 PM »

One of my friends keeps on telling me how the EP is a heretic for praying with non-Orthodox, and how according to the canons he is to be deposed, excommunicated.  Supposedly True Orthodox bishops have condemned and separated themselves from him.  They also supposedly claim that the mysteries of the World Orthodox are graceless.  I am now going to an Eastern Orthodox church (Carpatho-Russia) but I'm not Orthodox yet.  This whole theological rift between the supposed "True" Orthodox and "World" Orthodox is really giving me a headache and confusing me.  Is there any good reason to stay with the main body of Eastern Orthodox believers and not go True Orthodox?   Huh
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 08:11:54 PM »

I'm actually curious about this as well. What's the diff. with 'World' and 'True' Orthodox?

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
drewmeister2
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Hellenic Orthodox Traditionalist Church of America

Christmas at St Markella's Cathedral, Astoria, NY

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:53:53 PM »

Rather than starting a whole new debate, check out this thread: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,12172.0.html and then see if that answers what you are looking for Smiley

Orthodoxia i Thanatos

IC    XC      ...and in ONE HOLY CATHOLIC
    +                   and APOSTOLIC CHURCH...
NI    KA

www.hotca.org | www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: