OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 03:42:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Universal Acceptance of "Orthodox Rosary"  (Read 1825 times) Average Rating: 0
authio
Elder

« on: September 07, 2007, 01:41:12 PM »

Who recognizes this practice as legitimate?
http://www.westernorthodox.com/rosary

Clearly the Holy Synod of Antioch does.  Anyone else know of other jurisdictions that have approved such prayer rules?  Also, is there a print version of this prayer rule?  (as in, not originating online).

Christ is risen!
Cristo ha resucitado!
Христос Воскресе!
Χριστός Ανέστη!
 المسيح قام
samkim
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 02:40:26 PM »

there is an order for eucharistic adoration in the antiochian western rite service books, however our local bishop +BASIL does not allow it.

perhaps the rosary is also not so accepted. personally, i pray it and my priest said i could.

주 예수 그리스도 하느님의 아들이시여 저 이 죄인을 불쌍히 여기소서.
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 07:25:34 PM »

there is an order for eucharistic adoration in the antiochian western rite service books, however our local bishop +BASIL does not allow it.

perhaps the rosary is also not so accepted. personally, i pray it and my priest said i could.

That sounds rather...almost oxymoronic since +BASIL is the hierarch in charge of the AWRV...unless it was a previous bishop that allowed the practice in the service book.
Panagiotis
Libertarian/Orthodox/Lush
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Phanar

Advocating Liberty Since 1973

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 01:47:39 AM »

This is interesting. I will look further into this.

"The first condition for the establishment of perpetual peace is the general adoption of the principles of laissez-faire capitalism"
-Ludwig Von Mises
Simayan
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate - GOA

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 06:45:23 PM »

For Catholic converts, it may be easier to say the Rosary than certain Orthodox prayers. It's really just a level of what's more comfortable IMO.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, nor mourning nor crying nor suffering, for the old order of things has passed away."
Didymus
Peace and grace.
High Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HG Coptic Bishop Anba Daniel of Sydney

St. Thomas Didymus the Apostle of India

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 09:04:37 AM »

Could we please have an OO view on this?

...because I was not with you when the Lord came aforetime.
...because I am blind and yet I see.
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 10:08:22 AM »

Could we please have an OO view on this?

We have our canonical hourly prayers; in what are these prayers lacking that we should pray the Rosary? I am not saying there is necessarily anything inherently wrong with the Rosary prayer. I am saying, however, that it most certainly is, at the very least, superfluous.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Tags: rosary 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: