OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 05:32:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOST  (Read 5480 times) Average Rating: 0
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« on: September 01, 2007, 07:02:10 PM »

It is about time we started a "Lost" thread here. In my opinion, "Lost" is one of the greatest TV shows ever made. Here is some new info from the new season starting in February. Enjoy.

Scarcely a day goes by without news of new additions to “Lost’s” ever-swelling cast.

Others recently cast include:

* Jeff Fahey (“Silverado,” “Planet Terror”)
* Lance Reddick (“Oz,” “The Wire”)
* Ken Leung (“X-Men: The Last Stand,” “The Sopranos”) and
* Rebecca Mader (“Justice,” “The Devil Wears Prada”).

It is widely suspected, but not confirmed, that Mader is playing Charlotte, the scientist role first offered to “Veronica Mars” star Kristen Bell.

The 16-episode fourth season of “Lost” launches on ABC in February.

Find the Hollywood Reporter’s story on Davies’ casting

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33825

*Offensive, off-color, and totally inappropriate language removed. Aristokles
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 10:23:22 PM by Orthodox Bagpiper » Logged

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 10:22:13 PM »

Sorry,

I forgot that language was in there I was just skimming over the new cast members, mybad.

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 11:49:18 PM »

Aristokles

I still disagree over universal healthcare with you  Wink

Troparion - Tone 1:
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 02:22:46 AM »

Is OK.  Wink

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 08:28:56 AM »

Man, I have a lot of LOST catching up to do.  I haven't watched since halfway through season two.  I agree with you, Bagpiper, it's one of the best shows on television.  They have a lot of literary and musical references, which I appreciate, plus the story keeps you guessing. 

Who's your favourite character?  Mine so far is Desmond.  Yay for Scotsmen.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 01:07:44 PM »

Man, I have a lot of LOST catching up to do.  I haven't watched since halfway through season two.  I agree with you, Bagpiper, it's one of the best shows on television.  They have a lot of literary and musical references, which I appreciate, plus the story keeps you guessing. 

Who's your favourite character?  Mine so far is Desmond.  Yay for Scotsmen.

I really like Desmond brotha  Wink

I would have to say Locke is probably my favorite. Him and Jack I believe represent faith and science. The symbolism in the show is amazing.

Troparion - Tone 1:
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 06:38:22 PM »

I can't figure Locke out still.  I think he's hiding waaaaaaay more than the other characters are and I really think he'll be the most complex character of them all.  Funny how he and Jack play off each other so much with the faith/science roles, too... I'm interested to see how far that goes and how much of JJ Abrams' own faith/science outlook will influence the characters. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 09:47:14 PM »

You people need to get REAL lives! Honestly, living vicariously through imaginary television characters. Good grief.   Grin Just teasin' y'all!  >And just in case someone reading this thinks I'm being insensitive, I sing in the choir with OB and EofK. Aristokles, well, you're on your own.  Cheesy

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 08:15:04 AM »

Αριστοκλής is always on his own  Wink

It's the FFA boards - let the kids play...

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 08:29:52 PM »

You people need to get REAL lives! Honestly, living vicariously through imaginary television characters. Good grief.   Grin Just teasin' y'all!  >And just in case someone reading this thinks I'm being insensitive, I sing in the choir with OB and EofK. Aristokles, well, you're on your own.  Cheesy

Unlike those who watch PBS 24/7, I prefer shows that have depth to them like lost which deals with philosophical issues and existential dilemmas.  Wink

Troparion - Tone 1:
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 08:40:48 PM »

Unlike those who watch PBS 24/7, I prefer shows that have depth to them like lost which deals with philosophical issues and existential dilemmas.  Wink
Hey, what's wrong with the Palestinian Broadcasting Station?

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Nyssa The Hobbit
Used to be OrthodoxFairyQueen
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian as of 1/10/09
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 09:30:32 PM »

I can't figure out Locke, either.  He's one of my favorites, probably for that reason.

Author of "Tojet" (fantasy) and "The Lighthouse" (Gothic), info available at my website URL.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 05:13:42 PM »

Hey, what's wrong with the Palestinian Broadcasting Station?

ROFL!   Grin

Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 06:16:42 PM »

^^Palestinian Broadcasting Station...lol. I've heard Michael Savage call it that, pretty funny indeed. I've also heard good things about Lost, would like to actually get around to watching it one of these days. The only thing I have watched on the tube lately is Big Love, pretty good show also. 

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 08:22:26 PM »

We ought to have Lost watch parties; Mr. Y and I own the first season and he hasn't seen half of the episodes.  Smiley

John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 12:09:03 AM »

I only really watched the first season....need to catch up!

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: