OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 04:19:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about a patron saint  (Read 1735 times) Average Rating: 0
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« on: August 27, 2007, 11:03:16 PM »

I have a question I thought I would throw out here for y'all.

My daughters name is Angela. Would her patron saint be a particular angel? Is there a saint Angela or Angelica (Angelika)? I haven't been able to find one online. My daughter is getting to the age where she wants an icon of her patron saint. I am fixing to construct an icon corner in her room (much like the ones in the childrens Orthodox books). I would appreciate any insights from you guys.

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 11:12:10 PM »

Maybe St. Angelina of Serbia?

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 11:12:49 PM »

My niece is also named Angela. I must ask my sister, who obtains icons like crazy, what she does.
Until then, maybe St. Angelina of Serbia?

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 12:15:54 AM »

I have a question I thought I would throw out here for y'all.

My daughters name is Angela. Would her patron saint be a particular angel? Is there a saint Angela or Angelica (Angelika)? I haven't been able to find one online. My daughter is getting to the age where she wants an icon of her patron saint. I am fixing to construct an icon corner in her room (much like the ones in the childrens Orthodox books). I would appreciate any insights from you guys.

OB, I forgot her middle name, but you might could find a patron saint that matched her middle name easier? Just a thought.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 09:40:16 PM »

I have looked for st. Angelina of serbia icons but have not been able to find one. Does anyone have a link to where it might be located?

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
Tags: saints 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: