Author Topic: Question about a patron saint  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Bono Vox

• The Orthodox Bagpiper
  • OC.net guru
Question about a patron saint
« on: August 27, 2007, 11:03:16 PM »
I have a question I thought I would throw out here for y'all.

My daughters name is Angela. Would her patron saint be a particular angel? Is there a saint Angela or Angelica (Angelika)? I haven't been able to find one online. My daughter is getting to the age where she wants an icon of her patron saint. I am fixing to construct an icon corner in her room (much like the ones in the childrens Orthodox books). I would appreciate any insights from you guys.
Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
Re: Question about a patron saint
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 11:12:10 PM »
Maybe St. Angelina of Serbia?
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 11:12:49 PM »
My niece is also named Angela. I must ask my sister, who obtains icons like crazy, what she does.
Until then, maybe St. Angelina of Serbia?
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 12:15:54 AM »
I have a question I thought I would throw out here for y'all.

My daughters name is Angela. Would her patron saint be a particular angel? Is there a saint Angela or Angelica (Angelika)? I haven't been able to find one online. My daughter is getting to the age where she wants an icon of her patron saint. I am fixing to construct an icon corner in her room (much like the ones in the childrens Orthodox books). I would appreciate any insights from you guys.

OB, I forgot her middle name, but you might could find a patron saint that matched her middle name easier? Just a thought.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline Bono Vox

• The Orthodox Bagpiper
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 09:40:16 PM »
I have looked for st. Angelina of serbia icons but have not been able to find one. Does anyone have a link to where it might be located?
Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!