OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 08:08:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Witches, gargoyles, and stars OH MY!!! You're ALL darksided!  (Read 3296 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« on: August 26, 2007, 10:49:02 PM »

I hope y'all ain't tamperin' in dark-sided stuff. You don't want this god-warrior payin' a visit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGvDDn4FwRM
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 10:51:00 PM by Jibrail Almuhajir » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 11:17:41 PM »

Couldn't get through it.  Too loud , and too dee-dee-dee.

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 11:41:48 PM »

WOW, there's a nutcase if I've ever seen one. Cheesy

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 10:59:32 AM »

Well, that was, errr, "interesting"...
Actually, I found it quite disturbing watching the psychological abuse of the children.
I think I'm getting a very skewed view of life in the US watching these videos.
Where's that video of the skateboarding dog?
Oh, here is is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQzUsTFqtW0
Ahhhh........ that's better!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 11:06:13 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 11:16:18 AM »

She seemed demon-possessed.

Anyone want to give some context to this clip? I have no idea what she's going on about.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Eleos
Elder

Jurisdiction: Blessed is the Kingdom of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 03:16:17 PM »

maybe its just me, but that video seems to be acted.  perhaps this opinion is just my unconscious mind's way of dealing with trauma.

"The Unity of the Church, as Your Holinesses well know it, is the will of God and ought to be an inspiring example to all men. It should always be a help and not a hindrance to the unity of men of different religions."-Emperor Haile Selassie To the Conference of Oriental Orthodox Churches 1965
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 12:07:42 AM »

She seemed demon-possessed.

Anyone want to give some context to this clip? I have no idea what she's going on about.
The clip was from a 'reality' show called (don't quote me here), Trading Spouses. Basically two very very different families would 'trade' one wife or husband for the other for a week or so. I forget what the objective was, other than to show how weird people can be. The cameras would follow the families around with the new spouse and air it on TV. My roommate showed me this video a couple of months back and I thought y'all should suffer if I had to. Wink
Evidently, this woman, the God-warrior, moved in with a family that was very 'new agey' and it scared her. Southerners are very religious people, but good night, do they have to show the worst of us?

maybe its just me, but that video seems to be acted. 
I think she was just basking in the spotlight. I noticed that in the end, she decided to keep the $50,000 gargoyle money. Roll Eyes

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 12:26:37 AM »

The clip was from a 'reality' show called (don't quote me here), Trading Spouses. Basically two very very different families would 'trade' one wife or husband for the other for a week or so. I forget what the objective was, other than to show how weird people can be. The cameras would follow the families around with the new spouse and air it on TV. My roommate showed me this video a couple of months back and I thought y'all should suffer if I had to. Wink
Remind me again why I hate reality shows. Roll Eyes
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 12:46:51 AM »

Evidently, this woman, the God-warrior, moved in with a family that was very 'new agey' and it scared her. Southerners are very religious people, but good night, do they have to show the worst of us?
I think she was just basking in the spotlight. I noticed that in the end, she decided to keep the $50,000 gargoyle money. Roll Eyes

Heck, for 50 grand wouldn't we all go to a séance or two? Wink

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 12:49:35 AM »

Speak for yourself, dude.

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 12:49:58 AM »

Speak for yourself, dude.

Then can I have your money? Grin
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:50:09 AM by greekischristian » Logged

Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 12:55:29 AM »

No way, Helvetica.  But you can have a melty candy bar.  Done tell no mandy, but I've has this one since I was six and twelve years auld lang zine.

EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 06:52:28 AM »

I love the little notes at the end: "Upon further review, Margaret decided to accept the money."  Of course she did.  Because however you may scream and bind and cast out and call yourself a prayer warrior (or whatever), you're still susceptible to $50,000.  How frightening, and how sad to see her family enduring that.  The body language is enough to say it all, with everyone hunched over like they're taking a beating (and they are).  I agree with Jibrail; she's soaking in the limelight there, getting her Binny Hinn on. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 09:45:31 PM »

I love the God warrior! This was the greatest episode of the program ever! She looks like she is from the Ozarks (I think I saw her at Wallmart a couple of days ago  Cheesy )

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 06:06:26 PM »

I love the God warrior! This was the greatest episode of the program ever! She looks like she is from the Ozarks (I think I saw her at Wallmart a couple of days ago  Cheesy )

You probably did, at the south Campbell Walmart (notorious for weird stalker-like people, exhibitionists, and generally odd people).

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 06:52:34 PM »

Remind me again why I never go to Walmart.  Roll Eyes

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 04:58:27 PM »

Weird stalker people?  Cutting the legs out from under the competition?  Terrible treatment of employees?  How's that for dark-sided.

Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 06:09:45 PM »

LOL.....I love the God Warrior! I remember I used to watch this all the time for a goodlaugh.

......."cuz I'm the Warrior!" haha funny stuff.

I also like when she's tells everyone to get the hell out of her house, but if you believe in Jesus you can stay!  Grin

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 10:09:36 PM »

You probably did, at the south Campbell Walmart (notorious for weird stalker-like people, exhibitionists, and generally odd people).
<gasp!> Try the north Kansas Expy Walmart!  Shocked One time was enough for me!

jaderook

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 04:47:55 PM »

I knew there was a good reason I stopped watching television.  Those poor kids and husband!  They looked terrified of that woman.  How very sad.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 05:44:27 PM »

<gasp!> Try the north Kansas Expy Walmart!  Shocked One time was enough for me!

Yeah, that one's even worse.  They're all pretty scary, so I shop at Target for the most part.  And the weirdos are encroaching there as well.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: