OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 04:00:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inner Life of a Cell--Harvard Biovisions  (Read 1436 times) Average Rating: 0
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« on: August 26, 2007, 10:36:39 AM »

For all you science geeks out there, I would have to say when it comes to cell biology, this is one of the most amazing animations I have ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVUnzk40npw&mode=related&search=

See if you can recognize what you see (I've recognized almost all of it).

PS For all the theists, I would say that such beauty and glory of God can even be found in such microscopic size!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 10:40:04 AM by minasoliman » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 10:50:48 AM »

By the way, there is an 8 minute narrated explanation, but try not to cheat first  Wink

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 11:46:43 AM »

WOW!!!
This is amazing! We never had the benefit of animations like this when I was at Uni 20 years ago! The closest we got was a black and white microsopic movie of cellular division! All the stuff in this animation, I studied in the form of individual still images. This is the first time I've seen it put together in action!
Thanks for this, I've bookmarked the page!
"How wonderful are Thy works o Lord! In wisdom Thou hast made them all!"
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 11:49:08 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 01:27:31 PM »

This is Very Cool Indeed.  Now where does one find the narrated version.  I recognized some of what was happening, but I'd like to know all of the processes.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 04:16:02 PM »

Here's the narrated version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB6G9GD2KFk

ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 06:22:28 PM »

This is simply beautiful. I love hearing about microscopic and cosmic forms of life; anything so big or so small confounds me, but it is amazing to see that God put just as much intricacy into those things as he did things my size.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 12:29:13 PM »

A fantastic video.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: