OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 06:28:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Insurance company has its I's on you  (Read 1147 times) Average Rating: 0
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« on: August 22, 2007, 07:03:53 PM »

Absolutely despicable.

This is a story from Georgia about an insurance company which hired private investigators to infiltrate a supposedly confidential church support group meeting in a pastor's home in order to learn secrets from a couple who was suing them. I've had about enough from insurance companies; they've hit below the belt way too many times.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 08:05:10 PM »

Yeah, pretty poor.
What are going to do?

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 08:29:11 PM »

Invasion of privacy?  I think what they did was horrible, despicable... But from a legal standpoint, they don't have much room to stand, unless the group is interpreted as having some sort of level of confidentiality inherent to it (a la A.A.).

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 08:46:58 PM »

This example makes most people sick and highlights what insurance companies are becomming. I believe that the Ins. CEO's and the shareholder mentality are utterly destroying America.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 09:38:27 PM »

We've been talking somewhere else about the sacrosanctity of the Orthodox confession?  This private investigative tactic strikes me as tantamount to placing a secret microphone in the Confessional.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 10:46:16 PM »

Wow.  Will they stop at nothing to save a buck?  Not only is this morally disgusting, but it makes me wonder what the point in having insurance is if they try everything not to pay a claim.  Why even pay into insurance if they plan on keeping the money and sending private investigators after you?

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: