OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 09:56:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with Linksys  (Read 5883 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« on: August 20, 2007, 11:46:20 PM »

Any y'all had problems with Linksys? My roomate installed it on his pc so that we could use our laptops around the house. Problem is, his laptop can sometimes get online but not mine. He has Windows XP while mine is Vista. But here's another twist; this is a newer Linksys that replaced an older unit he had. Both of our laptops worked fine on the old Linksys and until finally neither one of us could connect online (thus prompting the newer purchase). If y'all know anything, please share.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 01:39:35 PM »

Does your router appear on this list?

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Content_C1&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1169671146109&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper#Compatible

Have you tried updating the firmware, etc?  I don't have a computer with Vista, only XP, so I cannot see if I run into anything.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 08:35:35 PM »

Here's your problem...it's a PC

Solution:  MAC

Grin

In all seriousness though, I heard some bad things about Vista.  That would be strange for linksys not to work on XP though.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Friar Tuck

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 09:35:13 PM »

Have either you or your room mate tried calling Linksys support? The one time I had an issue with my wireless router, they were able to walk me through and the issue was resolved quickly. I have found that in most cases it is a firmware issue that needs to be updated. Also if you are using a secure wireless network, make sure the encryption matches on both computers.

Friar Tuck
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 05:31:12 PM »

Have either you or your room mate tried calling Linksys support?
Gonna call 'em tomorrow sometime. A little conscerned about their receptivity to one who's very computer illiterate... I hope the prob gets resolved though. It's very frustrating.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
ComingHome
Elder

Faith: Yes

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 10:44:02 PM »

Did you ever get your problem worked out with Linksys?  We have Linksys also and my wife's laptop has Vista but we have had no problems at all.  If you found out something that could potentially be a problem, I would like to hear about it.  Thanks.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 10:57:12 PM »

Did you ever get your problem worked out with Linksys?  We have Linksys also and my wife's laptop has Vista but we have had no problems at all.  If you found out something that could potentially be a problem, I would like to hear about it.  Thanks.
On top of 40hrs @ work, I'm taking exams this week and next, so my time is limited. But I do have a 4hr open block next week that I hope to get in touch w/ them. If y'all are up and running, the problem is probably on my end, but if I run into anything I'll let you know.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: