OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 02:23:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Defects and Philosophy  (Read 2932 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« on: August 19, 2007, 03:20:16 AM »

I just took The Personality Defect Test. I got:

You are 100% Rational, 14% Extroverted, 42% Brutal, and 57% Arrogant. You are the Haughty Intellectual.

For a quiz that was a bit more involved, I also took the The Sublime Philosophical Crap Test. I got:

You scored 55% Non-Reductionism, 44% Epistemological Absolutism, and 33% Moral Objectivism.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 03:32:38 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 03:24:33 AM »

For a quiz that was a bit more involved, I also took the The Sublime Philosophical Crap Test. I got:
One problem...  This link don't go nowhere. Huh
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 03:33:18 AM »

Sorry about that, I had manually entered the url stuff intending on inserting the link before I posted, but then I forgot to include the link! They should both work now.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 03:34:30 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 03:44:49 AM »

You are 71% Rational, 28% Extroverted, 57% Brutal, and 71% Arrogant.

You are the Sociopath! As a result of your cold, calculating rationality, your introversion (and ability to keep quiet), your brutality, and your arrogance, you would make a very cunning serial killer. You are confident and capable of social interaction, but you prefer the silence of dead bodies to the loud, twittering nitwits you normally encounter in your daily life. You care very little for the feelings of others, possibly because you are not a very emotional person. You are also very calculating and intelligent, making you a perfect criminal mastermind. Also, you are a very arrogant person, tending to see yourself as better than others, providing you with a strong ability to perceive others as weak little animals, so tiny and small. You take great pleasure in the misery of others, and there is nothing sweeter to you than the sweet glory of using someone else's shattered failure to project yourself to success. Except sugar. That just may be sweeter. In short, your personality defect is the fact that you could easily be a sociopath, because you are calculating, unemotional, brutal, and arrogant.

That was a comforting little test. 
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 08:44:43 AM »

You are 57% Rational, 71% Extroverted, 14% Brutal, and 0% Arrogant

You are the Hand-Raiser, that annoying kid in class who always had an answer for everything. No doubt, as a child you probably sat in the front of the class, anxiously waving your hand back and forth in the air while your teacher desperately tried to avoid calling on you because you were the ONLY f*****g kid that answered her questions. Clearly, the key traits of your personality are your rationality and your extroversion. You are like a little talkative calculator, in other words. You also tend to be rather gentle and less arrogant than most people. Your presence is a bane to everyone's existence, because you are too nice for your own good and you absolutely will not shut up. So what is your defect, then? Well, you're boring, and when you're not boring, you are just plain annoying with your ultra-logical responses and constant need to talk to others. So keep waving that hand in the air, son. I'm still not calling on you. You are too logical, you talk too much, and your humility and gentleness only makes me hate you more, because they make me feel like I almost SHOULDN'T hate you. But I do. Big time. And by the way, the more you wave your hand in class--your extended hand becoming nothing more than a blur as you insanely wave it, thinking we can't see it--the more smug satisfaction the teacher takes in watching the look of excrutiating pain cross your face as you agonize over not being called on, and the longer we'll wait to call on you, just because we absolutely love torturing you so.
---------------------------------------
Yep, that was me. Funny, I'm still in the classroom, only now I'm the one avoiding calling on me.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 09:08:51 AM »

Haven't taken the test, yet, but from these reports either the test is flawed or the adage about internet forums masking one's true self are true, or both. Some of these trait percentages are not believable.  Wink

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 09:10:33 AM »

You scored 66% Non-Reductionism, 66% Epistemological Absolutism, and 22% Moral Objectivism

In particular, I fall under Realist, Pragmatist, and Subjectivist. Fairly accurate, I do think.

Of these three, moral subjectivism is the most important to me. I have long espoused the idea that God is not "good" as there is no way to measure "good" other than personal preference. Rather, God is not evil, because evil is the opposite of God; were God to be evil, it would lead to his simultaneous existence and non-existence which is of course a logical absurdity.

As far as reality is concerned, I do tend to see things as existing if the evidence for their existence is present. Mind and body both exist because there is evidence of their existence. I perceive the world through my senses; the best explanation of this is that I have a body. I interpret these senses to form opinions about the world; the best explanation is that I have a mind. Mind cannot be reduced to matter (i.e., brain), nor can matter (i.e., the body) be reduced to mind (i.e., that we only perceive the world with our minds and cannot with certainty know that it physically exists).

With regard to pragmatism, I do believe that a scientific truth is not completely absolute and is subject to revision as evidence to its contrary is gathered. I further believe that a spiritual truth is not completely knowable and that it is best to accept the collective knowledge of the Church rather than to rely on one's own understanding in such matters.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 09:29:25 AM »

You are the Hippie! Characterized by a strong sense of extroversion, irrationality, gentleness, humility, and a faint scent of marijuana, you no doubt frolic through fields preaching peace and free love! Immediately following that, you then frolic to the hospital with herpes! You are probably either very spiritual or needlessly paranoid about "the man", like most hippies, as a result of your focus on intuition and feelings over cold, brutal logic. You probably enjoy poetry, especially beatnik ultra-liberal crap about how horrible fascism is, even though your suburbanized, sheltered idea of "fascism" is having to pay two dollars per gallon at the gas pump. You are also very, very social. And like any hippie who would have no qualms about hitchiking across the country just to meet some interesting people, you also love to interact with others, even complete strangers. Though I highly doubt they love to interact with you! Because we know most any hippie is peace-loving and humble, it stands to reason that you, as well, are terribly gentle and humble, almost to the point of revulsion. Your carefree attitude of peace and harmony is probably very, very sickening to realists or cynics or anyone who isn't a hippie, to tell the truth. In short, your personality is defective because you are overly emotional, extroverted, gentle, and humble--thus making you an annoying hippie. Now go do your drugs and have sex with filthy bearded men in tye dye shirts.

Whattt???  This does not describe me at all!! Although I do like some "Hippie" music...I don't smoke Mj, or wear tie-dye...and I am certainly not humble.  This is an amusing test but it obviously is incapable of rendering a likeness of the person who attempts to answer the limited questions.   
 :PJuliana
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »

Yep, this can't be right...no way.
You are 85% Rational, 42% Extroverted, 42% Brutal, and 14% Arrogant.
1. You are more RATIONAL than intuitive.

2. You are more INTROVERTED than extroverted.

3. You are more GENTLE than brutal.

4. You are more HUMBLE than arrogant.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 10:38:18 AM »

I am a Brute. 14% Rational, 14% Extroverted, 57% Brutal, and 57% Arrogant.

Love never fails.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 01:01:21 PM »

Your Score: Sociopath, You are 71% Rational, 42% Extroverted, 71% Brutal, and 85% Arrogant.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Tamara
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Diocese of America

+Pray for Orthodox Unity+

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 05:47:05 PM »

You are the Robot! You are characterized by your rationality. In fact, this is really ALL you are characterized by. Like a cold, heartless machine, you are so logical and unemotional that you scarcely seem human. For instance, you are very humble and don't bother thinking of your own interests, you are very gentle and lack emotion, and you are also very introverted and introspective. You may have noticed that these traits are just as applicable to your laptop as they are to a human being.

To put it less negatively:

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 05:56:03 PM »

Well, obviously you can't expect too much from online tests. I'd have to say that both quizzes hit fairly closely, though. The first one said up front that it was supposed to be exaggerated, but I really enjoyed this part of my description: "Like so many countless pseudo-intellectuals swarming around vacuous internet forums to discuss worthless political issues, your kind is a scourge upon humanity, blathering and blathering on and on about all kinds of boring crap." Maybe not too much of an exaggeration!

I only had a few small issues with the tests overall. I'm not really 100% rational, as I actually allow for a lot more than many non-theists regarding the paranormal. It nailed me on being introverted... as I'm very recluse in real life; I just happen to be something of an extrovert online (it sort of reminds me of the charge people made about Paul). The brutal and arrogant part was pretty accurate, I could go either way at times. I try to be nice and polite and humble and all that jazz, but often I fail miserably.

On the philosohy test, the only major issue I remember having was with the subjectivist description. Maybe I just don't like that term because of the baggage that comes with it, though (I'd rather use a term like contextualist). It got all the other stuff fairly close, though (e.g., "[You], then, tend to see truth not as a correspondence between propositions and reality--reality is, after all, fundamentally unknowable--but as a coherence between a whole system of propositions taken to be true. We cannot escape from language or our conceptualized world of phenomena, so we are unable to reference propositions to facts and must instead determine their truth by comparing them to other propositions we hold to be true.")
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 07:02:09 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Tamara
Archon

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 06:44:55 PM »

Well, I don't think of myself as a robot because my Mediterranean temperament won't allow me to be completely unemotional  Cheesy but I think the test did a good job of describing me. No wonder why I secretly have always liked the Mr. Spock character... Cheesy  Wink
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 07:19:29 PM »

You are 57% Rational, 57% Extroverted, 42% Brutal, and 14% Arrogant.

Apparently, I'm a hand raiser.

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
Elisha
Protokentarchos

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 08:34:03 PM »

Well, I don't think of myself as a robot because my Mediterranean temperament won't allow me to be completely unemotional  Cheesy but I think the test did a good job of describing me. No wonder why I secretly have always liked the Mr. Spock character... Cheesy  Wink

Hmmm...I'd say it did a great job of showing how those of your....diocese just act robotic, believing and never questioning anything your hierarchs do or say.   Wink

Maybe I'll take it later and you can find a retort of your own. Wink
Thomas
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 09:04:53 PM »

It rated me as a "Your Score: Emo Kid"
You are 28% Rational, 42% Extroverted, 28% Brutal, and 14% Arrogant.

You are the Emo Kid...You tend to be an intuitive rather than a logical thinker, meaning you rely more on your feelings than your thoughts. Not only that, but you are introverted, gentle, and rather humble. You embody all the traits of the perfect emo kid. You are a push-over, an emotional thinker, gentle to the extent of absurdity, and so humble .... your personality is defective because you are too gentle, rather underconfident in yourself, decidely lacking in any rational thought, and also a bit too inhibited.

1. You are more INTUITIVE than rational.

I had to edit out the  profanity, my wife said my ears were turning red of embarrassment---a true emo kid I guess.

Thomas
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 01:29:31 PM by Thomas » Logged

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 09:08:20 PM »

My wife just took it, and she got Emo Kid as well. She got: 28% Rational, 14% Extroverted, 0% Brutal, and 14% Arrogant.

Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2007, 09:13:47 PM »

No fair.  I wanted to be an Emo kid. 
Tamara
Archon

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 09:31:27 PM »

Hmmm...I'd say it did a great job of showing how those of your....diocese just act robotic, believing and never questioning anything your hierarchs do or say.   Wink

Maybe I'll take it later and you can find a retort of your own. Wink

You always have a saucy little comment for everyone...don't you? Cheesy
I will look forward to your test results...that is...IF you are brave enough to post them. Cool

GIC's test results have all the makings of the average Silicon Valley CEO.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 09:40:18 PM »

I scored

You are 57% Rational, 28% Extroverted, 14% Brutal, and 28% Arrogant.

It said this

You are the Robot! You are characterized by your rationality. In fact, this is really ALL you are characterized by. Like a cold, heartless machine, you are so logical and unemotional that you scarcely seem human. For instance, you are very humble and don't bother thinking of your own interests, you are very gentle and lack emotion, and you are also very introverted and introspective. You may have noticed that these traits are just as applicable to your laptop as they are to a human being. You are not like the robots they show in the movies. Movie robots are make-believe, because they always get all personable and likeable after being struck by lightning, or they are cold, cruel killing machines. In all reality, though, you are much more boring than all that. Real robots just sit there, doing their stupid jobs, and doing little else. If you get struck by lightning, you won't develop a winning personality and heart of gold. (Robots don't have hearts, silly, and if they did, they would probably be made of steel, not gold.) You also won't be likely to terrorize humanity by becoming an ultra-violent killing machine sent into the past to kill the mother of a child who will lead a rebellion against machines, because that movie was dumb as hell, and because real robots don't kill--they horribly maim at best, and they don't even do that on purpose. Real robots are boringly kind and all too rarely try to kill people. In all my years, my laptop has only attacked me once, and that was only because my brother threw it at me. In short, your personality defect is that you don't really HAVE a personality. You are one of those annoying, super-logical people that never gets upset or flustered. Unless, of course, you short circuit. Or if someone throws a pie at you. Pies sure are delicious.

Compatibility:

Your exact opposite is the Class Clown.

Other personalities you would probably get along with are the Hand-Raiser, the Emo Kid, and the Haughty Intellectual.

If you scored near fifty percent for a certain trait (42%-58%), you could very well go either way. For example, someone with 42% Extroversion is slightly leaning towards being an introvert, but is close enough to being an extrovert to be classified that way as well. Below is a list of the other personality types so that you can determine which other possible categories you may fill if you scored near fifty percent for certain traits.

The other personality types:

The Emo Kid: Intuitive, Introverted, Gentle, Humble.

The Starving Artist: Intuitive, Introverted, Gentle, Arrogant.

The Bitch-Slap: Intuitive, Introverted, Brutal, Humble.

The Brute: Intuitive, Introverted, Brutal, Arrogant.

The Hippie: Intuitive, Extroverted, Gentle, Humble.

The Televangelist: Intuitive, Extroverted, Gentle, Arrogant.

The Schoolyard Bully: Intuitive, Extroverted, Brutal, Humble.

The Class Clown: Intuitive, Extroverted, Brutal, Arrogant.

The Robot: Rational, Introverted, Gentle, Humble.

The Haughty Intellectual: Rational, Introverted, Gentle, Arrogant.

The Spiteful Loner: Rational, Introverted, Brutal, Humble.

The Sociopath: Rational, Introverted, Brutal, Arrogant.

The Hand-Raiser: Rational, Extroverted, Gentle, Humble.

The Braggart: Rational, Extroverted, Gentle, Arrogant.

The Capitalist Pig: Rational, Extroverted, Brutal, Humble.

The Smartass: Rational, Extroverted, Brutal, Arrogant.

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2007, 10:22:51 PM »

GIC's test results have all the makings of the average Silicon Valley CEO.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I wish I could do so well for myself Wink

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Elisha
Protokentarchos

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 10:49:03 PM »

You always have a saucy little comment for everyone...don't you? Cheesy
I will look forward to your test results...that is...IF you are brave enough to post them. Cool

Oh, you know you'd love me if you met me... Wink

Btw, I guess I'm just I'm just a robot too.

Huh

Your Score: Robot
Tamara
Archon

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007, 12:19:33 AM »

Oh, you know you'd love me if you met me... Wink

Btw, I guess I'm just I'm just a robot too.

Huh

Your Score: Robot

Welcome to the club Mr. Roboto.... Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Speaking as one robot to another: don't you find the illogic and foolish emotions of most humans to be a constant irritant?   Cool
Tags: quiz  philosophy  personality 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: