OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 09:14:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it necessary?  (Read 1758 times) Average Rating: 0
Fortunatus
Son of Antony

Faith: Orthodox

'If thou wilt be perfect...'

« on: May 21, 2003, 06:25:52 PM »

+PiKhristos af tonf! Khristos anesti! Al Maseeh qam! Christ is risen!+

Hey guys, I don't mean this as a condescending e-mail or anything, but to be honest this "Reasons for split..." thread seems to be kinda degenerating. I mean, I don't really see how this is helping situations much, and it has actually really depressed me. Prior to this I had never seen any major jurisdictional fights in the Oriental Orthodox Churches, and it was something I took great joy in.

So I'm not sure why I'm writing this really, I just think that it might be best to take this discussion offline.

Pray for me.

Agape,
         Fortunatus
Amen, maranatha!
"A man's life or death cometh from his neighbour; if we benefit our brother we benefit ourselves, and if we offend him we sin against God." - The Great Abba Antony
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 06:46:58 PM »

Dear Fortunatus,

Indeed, it is a depressing situation to read, to write about, to experience, etc., and that is among the reasons why I have decided not to continue the discussion for the time being.  It is important to remember, though, that every Church and every communion of Churches has its problems...we shouldn't pride ourselves on being more peaceful with each other, because we have our disputes.  Instead, we should work to solve our problems as brethren.  At any rate, I think it is safe to say that much prayer is necessary, and that is something I don't think anyone would have a problem with.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Fortunatus
Son of Antony

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 07:03:27 PM »

No, ignorance is not bliss, Paradosis - this is not what I am advocating. I was merely saying that I was disappointed that something that I took great joy in has been taken away from me, that's all.

That thread, however, is degenerating, we've heard from both sides what it means - that is important. Heated discussions and passion are usually what fuels division, not what heals. Nor do I think that unity is going to come about through OrthodoxChristianity.net. I think it's important to discuss these topics, but not to go completely overboard with them, or get excessively passionate about them. Peace and calmness of heart are pretty important for dialogue.

Asking your prayers.

Agape,
         Fortunatus
Amen, maranatha!
"A man's life or death cometh from his neighbour; if we benefit our brother we benefit ourselves, and if we offend him we sin against God." - The Great Abba Antony
Mikho

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 07:03:44 PM »

Fortu,

I would suggest that in addition to prayer, you speak with your bishop about involving His Holiness more in the matter.  As far as I know, this is the only source of tension between the SOC and COC, otherwise, it feels like we are the same Church.  

There are two roads (or three if things stay as they are) that can come of this.  1) Communion is reestablished.  Yipee!  2) SOC ends communion with those who don't honor the excommunication.  #2 would be a tragedy, but it is quite possible.  I think #1 is much more likely, and I have great hope that if there was a synod between our bishops, this situation would be resolved.

In spite of how heated things get, I stand by my statement earlier that reconciliation won't take much... it will take a few saints.

Eno-no sayfo d-Aloho
Mikho

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 07:29:31 PM »

That thread, however, is degenerating, we've heard from both sides what it means - that is important. Heated discussions and passion are usually what fuels division, not what heals.

Aleethos Anesti, shariroyeeth qom!

Yeah it may seem like that over the internet, but whatever.  Phil's a cool guy and I harbor no animosity towards him.  

I truly am hopeful and optimistic.  Things may seem heated now, but they will sink in in time, and good will come from it.  Iron must be put to flame for it to come out steel.  God is amazing.

Eno-no sayfo d-Aloho
Fortunatus
Son of Antony

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 11:25:21 PM »

Yeah it may seem like that over the internet, but whatever.  Phil's a cool guy and I harbor no animosity towards him.  

Dear Mikho,

I sent you a PM regarding this. Smiley

Begging all your prayers, and hope I have offended none. I wasn't accusing any of warmongering.

Begging prayers from all of you.

Agape,
         Fortunatus
Amen, maranatha!
Mikho

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2003, 01:25:30 AM »

I didn't take it that way at all. No worries.  Mat khaf ya khayee, sikhi bas byi'til el islem  Wink  hehe jk

Eno-no sayfo d-Aloho
Fortunatus
Son of Antony

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2003, 10:18:33 PM »

I didn't take it that way at all. No worries.  Mat khaf ya khayee, sikhi bas byi'til el islem  Wink  hehe jk
Cheesy Then perhaps the forum for you is: http://www.talkaboutislam.com/.  Shocked Wink Shocked

LOL

Pray for me.

Agape,
         Fortunatus
Amen, maranatha!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: