OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 04:30:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Third Annual Orthodox Prayer Service for the UN  (Read 1150 times) Average Rating: 0
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« on: May 21, 2003, 06:53:40 PM »

New York, NY [SCOBA/SCOOCH] -- The Joint Commission of the Standing Conference of Oriental Orthodox Churches (SCOOCH) and the Standing Conference of the Canonical Orthodox Bishops in the Americas (SCOBA) has announced the date of the third annual Orthodox Prayer Service and Reception for the United Nations Community. The service will take place at 6:30 p.m. on October 6th, 2003 at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Archdiocesan Cathedral, 319 East 74th St, New York, NY.

http://www.oca.org/pages/news/news.asp?ID=359

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 06:57:28 PM »

The Orientals should have called themselves the Standing Meeting of Oriental Orthodox Christians (SMOOCH)

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 07:05:02 PM »

Is this an ecumenical event? It sounds like it if they are celebrating vespers.

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 07:28:51 PM »

The fact that both SCOBA and SCOOCH refer to themselves as standing is very appropriate for Orthodox Christians!  Wink

My Russian mother-in-law once said that one thing she likes about RC churches is the presence of pews! (Hey, give her a break: she's getting too old to be standing up all the time).  Grin

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: