Author Topic: CSB Ancient Faith Study Bible - 09/1/2019  (Read 167 times)

Offline RobS

• Protokentarchos
  • Delightfully tacky, yet unrefined.
CSB Ancient Faith Study Bible - 09/1/2019
« on: Yesterday at 07:45:32 AM »
Paging Agabus...

CSB Ancient Faith Study Bible, Brown Cloth-Over-Board
https://www.bhpublishinggroup.com/products/csb-ancient-faith-study-bible/

The CSB Ancient Faith Study Bible features study notes and commentary from the writings of the church fathers of the second through fifth centuries to help you understand and apply their rich, biblical insights to your life today. Also included are “Twisted Truth” call-outs describing where some ancient thinkers drifted from orthodoxy, over 25 feature articles highlighting a key selection from one of the early church fathers on an essential Christian truth, and biographies of 25 of the most influential patristic church fathers.

Includes commentary and writings from: Irenaeus of Lyons, Origen, Justin Martyr, Tertullian, Clement of Alexandria, Ambrose of Milan, Augustine of Hippo, Athanasius of Alexandria, John Chrysostom, Jerome, the Cappadocian Fathers, and more.

Features include: Study notes from the early church, exclusive feature articles, profiles of patristic fathers, “Twisted Truth” call-outs, author index to easily find commentary from individual church fathers, presentation page, book introductions, two-column text, 10.25-point type size, 8-point study notes, black-letter text, smyth-sewn binding, ribbon marker, full-color maps, and more.

Publish date: 09/01/2019
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Midwest
Re: CSB Ancient Faith Study Bible - 09/1/2019
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:23:52 PM »
Awesome, $50 is reasonable as well.

I will definitely buy this in 6 months :(

Good find, thanks.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 03:00:51 PM »
lol, at first glance I read this as "CBS Ancient Faith Study Bible."
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 03:07:11 PM »
Oddly Ancient Faith just put out their own edition of the Orthodox Study Bible. Do I smell a trademark war in the wind?
“Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  Contemplate this on the tree of woe.” - Elder Thulsa Doom of the Mountain of Power

Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Race: Human. Culture: Yes.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 03:26:06 PM »
No peep that I can see as to whether it includes Apocrypha. And those 'Twisted Truth call-outs' raise my hackles to the point where I wouldn't buy without a chance to look inside first.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ bookshelf ~ ugly writing ~ jukebox ~

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 03:34:08 PM »
No peep that I can see as to whether it includes Apocrypha. And those 'Twisted Truth call-outs' raise my hackles to the point where I wouldn't buy without a chance to look inside first.

From what I've heard they're all towards guys like Marcion and Arius. But that's secondhand.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 03:45:45 PM »
I just imagine that every time I turn the page to a Twisted Truth Call-Out! a cacophony of screams and flashing lights fills the room and Pee-Wee Herman emerges to explain the heresy.
“Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  Contemplate this on the tree of woe.” - Elder Thulsa Doom of the Mountain of Power

Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 03:48:21 PM »
I just imagine that every time I turn the page to a Twisted Truth Call-Out! a cacophony of screams and flashing lights fills the room and Pee-Wee Herman emerges to explain the heresy.

Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney There Was No Time When the Son Was Not!

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 09:31:45 PM »
lol, at first glance I read this as "CBS Ancient Faith Study Bible."

Sadly, it would have a better chance of including the apocrypha if it was...
"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thes. 5:16-18)

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 09:45:34 PM »
Do any have a copy of: Strongs Exhaustive Concordance
Իմաստութիւն Հոր Յիսուս՝ տո՝ւր մեզ իաստուփին՝ զբարիս խորհել եւ խոսել եւ գործել առաջի Քո յամենայն ժամ : եւ ի չար խորհրդոց ի բանից եւ ի գործոց   փրկեա  զմեզ՝ ամէն:
Jesus, Wisdom of the Father, give us wisdom, to think, speak and do what is Good before you at all times. And save us from evil thoughts, words and deed, amen.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 10:09:07 PM »
Do any have a copy of: Strongs Exhaustive Concordance

I used to, but since it's all available online now I never re-bought a copy
"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thes. 5:16-18)

Online Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • A well-sexed theologian
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 10:19:14 PM »
Another Ancient Faith Radio product?
This post gave me autism.

Since when has a Hierarch done anything for you? . . .