OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 03:42:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 79635 times) Average Rating: 0
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1755 on: November 18, 2014, 02:19:48 PM »

Best season of The Walking Dead so far! 5 Stars! A++ show! Would watch again!

I saw a terrible and terribly popular movie the other night and I told the person I was watching it with that it could have easily come from the mind of *.

I will take the "terrible" part if I can manage the "terribly popular" part some day  angel
I'm guessing the person he was watching it was terribly confused why someone would go by the name of Asteriktos.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #1756 on: November 18, 2014, 04:16:11 PM »

America's Next Top Model and The Sarah Connor Chronicles

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #1757 on: November 18, 2014, 04:18:30 PM »

The new season of Downton Abbey. Not good, but not too bad either.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1758 on: November 18, 2014, 04:20:17 PM »

All was lost when Matthew died.

Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #1759 on: November 18, 2014, 04:22:18 PM »

All was lost when Matthew died.

All was lost when WWI started. It was only downhill from there.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1760 on: November 19, 2014, 12:51:54 AM »

I saw a terrible and terribly popular movie the other night and I told the person I was watching it with that it could have easily come from the mind of *.

I will take the "terrible" part if I can manage the "terribly popular" part some day  angel
I'm guessing the person he was watching it was terribly confused why someone would go by the name of Asteriktos.

They know who * is. The movie was the legoS movie.

Clever enough for everyone to recognize that they made at least 10 of the jokes in the movie and panders to the dominant ideology whilst pretending to do otherwise.

So yeah: *

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #1761 on: November 19, 2014, 05:05:19 AM »

They know who * is.

It's hard to believe that anyone could know all of the *s.

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #1762 on: November 19, 2014, 06:45:53 AM »

Clever enough for everyone to recognize that they made at least 10 of the jokes in the movie and panders to the dominant ideology whilst pretending to do otherwise.

Since when do Lego movies pander to any ideology?

-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

November is short. Type fast.

« Reply #1763 on: November 19, 2014, 06:49:17 AM »

Since when do Lego movies pander to any ideology?

Everyone knows that Lego movies are all about adding more bricks to the wall.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1764 on: November 19, 2014, 10:25:50 AM »

Awww, you and Shiny are dating. How cute!  Kiss

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1765 on: November 19, 2014, 08:37:36 PM »

Not Shiny. Keep trying.

kelly
UNSUBSCRIBED from the world
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Genuine Kellenic Truest Orthodox Traditionalist Church *of* America

Proverbs 31:13

« Reply #1766 on: November 19, 2014, 09:12:07 PM »

Not Shiny. Keep trying.

IsmiLiora?

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #1767 on: November 19, 2014, 09:15:12 PM »

I miss her.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
sakura95
Love Live School Idol Festival noob :(
Warned
High Elder

Faith: Deciding between Coptic and Greek Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Constaninople and Alexandria

Good Morning OC Net (。・ω・)ノ゙

« Reply #1768 on: November 19, 2014, 09:15:56 PM »

Not sure if this is considered a TV Series but here it goes,

Bee and Puppycat
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:16:13 PM by sakura95 » Logged

Lord Have Mercy on my weak and doubtful soul
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1769 on: November 19, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »

Not Shiny. Keep trying.

IsmiLiora?

Getting closer . . .

Further info, Shiny evidently is concerned I would harm him in RL, so much for that affair.

kelly
UNSUBSCRIBED from the world
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Genuine Kellenic Truest Orthodox Traditionalist Church *of* America

Proverbs 31:13

« Reply #1770 on: November 19, 2014, 09:41:06 PM »

Not Shiny. Keep trying.

IsmiLiora?

Getting closer . . .

Further info, Shiny evidently is concerned I would harm him in RL, so much for that affair.

aka "Bingo!"

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1771 on: November 19, 2014, 10:15:51 PM »

Not Shiny. Keep trying.

IsmiLiora?

Getting closer . . .

lol! orthonorm is nothing but a big ol' teddy bear. Maybe a teddy bear that no one understands most of the time, but at least not one that would harm anyone.

or would he?

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #1772 on: November 19, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »

Not Shiny. Keep trying.

IsmiLiora?

Getting closer . . .

lol! orthonorm is nothing but a big ol' teddy bear. Maybe a teddy bear that no one understands most of the time, but at least not one that would harm anyone.

or would he?

The things you see every day.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

spcasuncoast.org
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #1773 on: November 20, 2014, 06:16:51 AM »

This is probably the ultimate blasphemy, but I don't like The Walking Dead. I think it's a garbage series that hasn't added anything new or original to the undead genre. My biggest criticism with the series as well as 99.999% of zombie films and media is that they all take place after the world has been overrun and the apocalypse has unfolded. They are post-apocalyptic. IMO, I find this to be boring, lazy, and overdone. I don't want another survivalist disaster movie; I want a pre-apocalyptic film that starts at the very beginning of the zombie epidemic and shows how it gradually progresses and how society deals with it while slowly crumpling. The most intriguing part of the zombie lore is speculating how society broke down; what happened to the military and civilization? What happened to the man in the shower when the dead started rising? What happened to the kid on the school bus? What were humanity's final days like?

Most zombie lore ignores this entirely and fast forwards to the very end of the apocalypse where society has already been destroyed, the world overrun, and none of these questions have been answered. And it revolves around a bunch of boring post-apocalyptic survivors who just try to survive. Bleh. Boring and unoriginal.

My favorite zombie moment of all time was in the original 1978 Dawn of the Dead where the National Guard trucks and armed rednecks are seen patrolling the countryside and trying to maintain some semblance of order (I always wondered what happened to them btw); honorable mention goes to the apartment SWAT raid scene. This is what I like to see. It's the apocalypse in its beginning stages gradually unfolding and this is how individuals and society at large is dealing with it. This is society's last days. It's much better than that post-apocalyptic garbage.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #1774 on: November 22, 2014, 04:24:19 PM »

Started watching this season (10?) of Bones on amazon video. I guess this'll be the last season, based on how they're talking and the downward trend in ratings over the years.

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #1775 on: November 22, 2014, 04:26:02 PM »

Currently watching Harvard vs. Yale in football. Later, I'll catch up on "Blue Murder," a British detective show.

spcasuncoast.org
wainscottbl
Aspie weirdo of the forum
Archon

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Sister and my two nieces, Halloween 2014.

« Reply #1776 on: November 23, 2014, 10:28:46 PM »

I about banned the person above. Clicked in the wrong place. In any case about to start watching The Blacklist. And speaking of that I wish they would put Boston Legal on Netflix! James Spader is awesome in that. Oh and The Practice? Anyone remember that great show? It was the prequel to Boston Legal. James Spader started his legal career on the small practice in The Practice and when that got cancelled he had moved to a big firm there in Boston.

I am finishing up The West Wing. About finished with Season 6, the next to last season. Toby gets on my nerves because he so moody and self-righteous, but I like him still. I like President Bartlet best I think. And Donna. Donna reminds me of a woman I was in love with. She's got the angelic aura about her, like the girl did. She pairs well with Josh, too, helping temper his smug arrogance with her humble gentleness. They playfulness between them is well played, as if the obvious love between them. I am angry I was a clip on YouTube where they kiss though.

"To love someone means to see him as God intended him."
                                                                   --Fyodor Dostoevsky
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #1777 on: November 24, 2014, 12:13:28 PM »

This is probably the ultimate blasphemy, but I don't like The Walking Dead. I think it's a garbage series that hasn't added anything new or original to the undead genre. My biggest criticism with the series as well as 99.999% of zombie films and media is that they all take place after the world has been overrun and the apocalypse has unfolded. They are post-apocalyptic. IMO, I find this to be boring, lazy, and overdone. I don't want another survivalist disaster movie; I want a pre-apocalyptic film that starts at the very beginning of the zombie epidemic and shows how it gradually progresses and how society deals with it while slowly crumpling. The most intriguing part of the zombie lore is speculating how society broke down; what happened to the military and civilization? What happened to the man in the shower when the dead started rising? What happened to the kid on the school bus? What were humanity's final days like?

Most zombie lore ignores this entirely and fast forwards to the very end of the apocalypse where society has already been destroyed, the world overrun, and none of these questions have been answered. And it revolves around a bunch of boring post-apocalyptic survivors who just try to survive. Bleh. Boring and unoriginal.

My favorite zombie moment of all time was in the original 1978 Dawn of the Dead where the National Guard trucks and armed rednecks are seen patrolling the countryside and trying to maintain some semblance of order (I always wondered what happened to them btw); honorable mention goes to the apartment SWAT raid scene. This is what I like to see. It's the apocalypse in its beginning stages gradually unfolding and this is how individuals and society at large is dealing with it. This is society's last days. It's much better than that post-apocalyptic garbage.

I agree on that being a good (and probably more interesting) show/movie idea.  WWZ does this (and I shouldn't have to specify that I mean the book, not that abortion of a movie).  But I don't let it take away from the goodness that is The Perambulating Deceased. 

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1778 on: Yesterday at 04:30:31 PM »

WKRP in Cincinnati

"As God as my witness. I thought turkeys could fly"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1779 on: Today at 04:05:44 AM »

WKRP in Cincinnati

"As God as my witness. I thought turkeys could fly"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

I liked that show growing up. What channel does it come on these days? I'd love to revisit it.

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: