OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 02:31:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Outroduction  (Read 1905 times) Average Rating: 0
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

« on: October 23, 2002, 11:55:11 PM »

All,

This post is a both an apology and a farewell.

Of late I've grown more and more wary of some actions being taken, some positions being held, and some things being said, in the (self-designated) "official" Churches and their representatives (Bishops, Priests, and others). Because of this, I've decided to take some drastic measures in my life, one of which is leaving most Theology Forums. There is a lot of reading, studying, doing, and praying ahead, I've decided that it would be best to give up a good number of "enjoyments" (and this forum I really did enjoy) in life and focus on God, and on the decisions to be made ahead of me. The apology part of this is directed towards Nik and Bobby, and anyone else who will be effected by my--what should I call it?--inability to finish the course [= finish what I started].

I won't go into all the details of why, it would most likely just sound like traditionalist rhetoric to you anyway. I've already had someone try to bait me into condemning them just because I told them I was considering leaving the Antiochians and becoming ROCOR! Sad I have no wish to condemn anyone, or to discuss my worries with those whom I would most likely alienate if I spoke. I apologize to those I have left down, and I apologize to those I have offended. May the Lord bless you all, and may the spirit of peace, the spirit of Saint Nektarios, remain with this forum!

I'll bet I look like a goof.

"And since when have Christians become afraid of rain?"
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2002, 12:54:01 AM »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Justin, I for one shall very much miss your posts and contributions to this forum.  After your "sabbatical" I hope that you can find it in your thoughts to return to us here.

As far as traditionalism, etc., I go through that from time to time myself (I'm officially in the OCA), and I'm now 62 years old!, but I believe that my "podvig" is to remain where I am and work from within.  Follow your conscience in this regard with patience and much prayer, study and spiritual guidance before making any drastic decisions.  My prayers go with you.

Best regards,
In Christ-God,
Hypo-Ortho
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2002, 12:41:01 PM »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

As Hypo says, we will miss you. I too hope that in the future you will come back, as you shall always be welcomed here. As for the prject, could you just email what you have to Bobby? God Bless!

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2002, 12:58:23 PM »

Hey Paradosis,

We'll be sorry to see you leave, since you were a valued member of our community.

I understand how the going can get rough, and sometimes these internet forums get goofy and off track.

I pray for the best on your spiritual journey, and hopefully you can visit every once in awhile and update us!

Bobby
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: