OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 04:34:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Love Demonstrated Ministries  (Read 1064 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« on: August 10, 2007, 03:41:26 PM »

Christian Boot Camp Officials Accused of Dragging Teen Behind Van

"Arrest warrants have been issued for two officials at a Christian boot camp accused of dragging a 15-year-old girl behind a van after she fell behind the group during a morning run, authorities said. Charles Eugene Flowers and Stephanie Bassitt of San Antonio-based Love Demonstrated Ministries, a 32-day boot camp, are facing aggravated assault charges for the alleged June 12 incident.

The two were accused of tying the girl to the van with a rope then dragging her, according to an arrest affidavit filed Wednesday by the Nueces County Sheriff's Department. Arrest affidavits for Flowers and Bassitt list a $100,000 bond. A call to Love Demonstrated Ministries was not immediately returned Friday. No listing was found for Bassitt. An answering machine at a listing for Flowers cut off during an attempt to leave a message Friday.

Flowers, the camp's director, allegedly ordered Bassitt to run alongside the girl after she fell behind, the affidavit said. When the girl stopped running, Bassitt allegedly yelled at her and pinned her to the ground while Flowers tied the rope to her, according to the affidavit. The girl's mother gave investigators photos of her daughter's injuries that were taken at a hospital where the girl was treated and a sworn statement from a witness who claimed to see the girl being dragged on her stomach at least three times."

"Boot camp" is a little vague; here's a blurb I found on another site: "Love Demonstrated Ministries provides the Faith-Based Component for the San Antonio Young Offender Program, which includes an intensive life skills training program focused on teamwork, leadership, responsibility, self-discipline, and respect for oneself and their family. The 'trainees' also complete daily physical training and community service projects." (Source)

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 04:39:10 PM »

So, what kind of response are you trying to get from us?
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 04:50:08 PM »

Sympathy?

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 07:20:50 PM »

OK, Asteriktos, you've got mine... Wink

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 07:39:17 PM »

Well it's nice to see that someone understands my plight!  Grin

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: